Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

How long does the PMV virus survive?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

How long does the PMV virus survive? Empty
PostSubject: How long does the PMV virus survive?   How long does the PMV virus survive? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Does anyone know how long the PMV virus does survive outside its host approximately? I know that some viruses survive only a few hours outside their host such as the HIV virus. How about PMV? I am thinking about cotnaminated soil or the surface of concrete. And does this virus survive temperatures below zero?

Just would like to know how big the danger of contanimation is outside without contact to other birds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: How long does the PMV virus survive?   How long does the PMV virus survive? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:44 pm

if memory serves me correctly, the virus can live 20-25 days in the soil.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: How long does the PMV virus survive?   How long does the PMV virus survive? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 am

Oh, that's not too long. Thank you, Charis. I feared it to be worse. I haven't seen any more ill pigeons since quite a while now. The one I already talked about, Sitting Bull, who had shwon the same symptoms really has definitely made full recovery all alone. Maybe it has helped that I fed him extra. At least I hope so! Feeling great He is completely healthy again. I have watched him suspiciously a couple of times but did not see anything strange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: How long does the PMV virus survive?   How long does the PMV virus survive? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:42 am

Cold weather also kills viruses quicker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long does the PMV virus survive?   How long does the PMV virus survive? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How long does the PMV virus survive?
Page 1 of 1