Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Meet Wally My New Rescue

Go down 
+6
priya
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
plamenh
Birdbarn
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

Meet Wally My New Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 pm

We were down in the valley very early to shop and came across this soaking wet youngster who could not fly up more than two feet off the ground. I always leave food between Walmart and Wendy's on the grass landscaping where it is safe for the birds to eat. I decided to go back and check to be sure they had found the food. The food was gone but this little guy was the only one left. I pulled into a parking space and watched him for about ten minutes. Perhaps he has been hiding out in the bushes but with rain forecast for today and tonight, I just could not leave him.

Meet Wally My New Rescue Img_0817

I set up his cage in our reading room off the living room and has a big window to look out. I have a small watt bulb (25W) over his cage and put my Vet's B-12 vitamins in his water. He was preening himself just a few minutes ago but now is kinda puffing up. Maybe he is enjoying the heat. He is extremely skinny.

I guess I could have left him there to fend for himself but my heart does not allow me to do that.

Meet Wally My New Rescue Img_0818

I will set a heating pad in his cage tonight under his towel on low to help keep him warm.

That's too funny I guess you can say he is my early Christmas gift from Mother Nature.

Last edited by Birdbarn on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:12 pm

By the look of his feathers, you did the best thing for him Joe. He would not survive cold night outside. Besides, I could not imagine better Christmas gift myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Congratulations for recieving such a pretty gift.
I wouldn't have left him either. Meet Wally My New Rescue 618836
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Smile When I went to set the heating pad in Wally's cage, he gave me a little squeak.

His poops are solid not runny and a good color. I will start him on meds later this week.

I watch him from the couch and he really is enjoying the heating pad. He also found the food dish and is eating well.

Hmmm I usually never circle back to see if they ate the food but today I did. Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Birdbarn wrote:
Meet Wally My New Rescue 458406 When I went to set the heating pad in Wally's cage, he gave me a little squeak.

His poops are solid not runny and a good color. I will start him on meds later this week.

I watch him from the couch and he really is enjoying the heating pad. He also found the food dish and is eating well.

Meet Wally My New Rescue 641122 I usually never circle back to see if they ate the food but today I did. Meet Wally My New Rescue 641122

There must have been an Angel on your shoulder. Meet Wally My New Rescue 735397
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:31 pm

BTW...Wally looks like a Wallete to me. Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:40 pm

That's too funny Wallete sounds good to me. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:43 pm

There's always room for another Wallette! Meet Wally My New Rescue 982130
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Such a pretty little one, Joe.

Have you had a chance to check the inside of his mouth?
Is he eating and drinking? How are the droppings looking?

He will enjoy the supplement heat, I'm sure. Meet Wally My New Rescue 458406
Please do keep us posted on how things are coming along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:50 pm

It looks like I missed a couple posts. Meet Wally My New Rescue 310554
I'm glad that his droppings are looking good and he's eating.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Adorable little Christmas gift you have there Joe. This little one needed your intervention and your inner Pigeon angel made you return. I am so happy she is safe and now at home with you.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:13 am

How did Wally's night go, Joe?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:04 am

How is your little Christmas Angel doing, Joe?
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Happy Wally is eating well and poops look good. He is extremely skinny. His back feathers between his wings are very dry like water (rain) might have been draining on his back side. He preens himself often and is enjoying the heat.

I'm not sure when I should start him on his meds. I do not want to shock his thin little body. Maybe start worming him on Friday.

That's too funny Wally thanks you all for asking about him. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:28 pm

If the poops are fine and there is no visible sign of illness, put him first on ACV and vitamins until it gains some fat. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:47 pm

We appreciate the update, Joe.
I'm glad to her Wally is eating OK. I'm sure once he gets a little weight on him he will begin to feel much better.

Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:12 am

plamenh wrote:
If the poops are fine and there is no visible sign of illness, put him first on ACV and vitamins until it gains some fat. Smile

:Yes: Wally is currently taking B-12 vitamin mix in his water from my Vet. How many days should Wally have ACV in his water?

I was watching him last night and he was just preening away and enjoying the heat from the 25w bulb. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:35 am

Birdbarn wrote:
plamenh wrote:
If the poops are fine and there is no visible sign of illness, put him first on ACV and vitamins until it gains some fat. Meet Wally My New Rescue 458406

Meet Wally My New Rescue 570843 Wally is currently taking B-12 vitamin mix in his water from my Vet. How many days should Wally have ACV in his water?

I was watching him last night and he was just preening away and enjoying the heat from the 25w bulb. Meet Wally My New Rescue 982130

Good question. My Pigeons can detect even a drop of the stuff, if I put it in thier water and not drink...so I don't.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 am

ACV you give once a week for a day (1 teaspoon in a liter of water).
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Birdbarn wrote:

I was watching him last night and he was just preening away and enjoying the heat from the 25w bulb. That's too funny

I bet that heat does feel good to him. Meet Wally My New Rescue 570843
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:38 am

Meet Wally My New Rescue Star3 Just a quick update on my boy Wally. He is eating well, his poops continue to look good and is exercising his wings. Meet Wally My New Rescue Star3

I will put ACV in his water this morning.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:44 am

Birdbarn wrote:
Meet Wally My New Rescue Star3
Just a quick update on my boy Wally. He is eating well, his poops continue to look good and is exercising his wings. Meet Wally My New Rescue Star3

Meet Wally My New Rescue 526287
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:47 am

Bless your heart Joe for taking Wally in Pigeon angel She looks so pretty! I am so glad she is doing well and has no visible signs of any illness. Maybe all she needed was a little warmth and a good home which she now has! I wouldn't have left her out too if i had found her, so you did the right thing absolutely Great job

I think we both have something in common that we received during Christmas....a lovely and sweet pigeon! cheers # 1 Can't think of a better gift Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:21 am

Matilda wrote:
Birdbarn wrote:

Meet Wally My New Rescue 570843 Wally is currently taking B-12 vitamin mix in his water from my Vet. How many days should Wally have ACV in his water?

I was watching him last night and he was just preening away and enjoying the heat from the 25w bulb. Meet Wally My New Rescue 982130

ACV is one thing my guys don't seem to mind at all. They don't like a few peanut treats but will drink ACV tainted water. Meet Wally My New Rescue 106767 Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_rolleyes

Good question. My Pigeons can detect even a drop of the stuff, if I put it in thier water and not drink...so I don't.

ACV is one thing my guys don't seem to mind at all. They don't like a few peanut treats but will drink ACV tainted water. Meet Wally My New Rescue 106767 Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:23 am

priya wrote:
Bless your heart Joe for taking Wally in Pigeon angel She looks so pretty! I am so glad she is doing well and has no visible signs of any illness. Maybe all she needed was a little warmth and a good home which she now has! I wouldn't have left her out too if i had found her, so you did the right thing absolutely Great job

I think we both have something in common that we received during Christmas....a lovely and sweet pigeon! cheers # 1 Can't think of a better gift Smile

I agree Priya. Meet Wally My New Rescue 570843
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Wally My New Rescue
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next