Pigeon Angels


 
RegisterFAQSearchHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Share | 
 

 Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 34
Location : Kent, UK

PostSubject: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Hiya!
I was just wondering if anyone has used a pigeon nappy (diaper)? I cannot remember how I came across this website: http://www.birdwearonline.net/index.html (could have been on this forum ) and I'm interested if they work.

I doubt Elmo and Georgie would put up with having one on them, since they refuse to wear a harness for going outside, but it might be worth a try if it'll reduce their mess in the house (we wouldn't keep them on all the time).

Thanks in advance! Feeling great
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
Hiya!
I was just wondering if anyone has used a pigeon nappy (diaper)? I cannot remember how I came across this website: http://www.birdwearonline.net/index.html (could have been on this forum ) and I'm interested if they work.

I doubt Elmo and Georgie would put up with having one on them, since they refuse to wear a harness for going outside, but it might be worth a try if it'll reduce their mess in the house (we wouldn't keep them on all the time).

Thanks in advance!


The bird diapper is not intended to be worn long term but for a few hours at a time out of a cage. Because your birds have free range of your place, so to speak it may not be worth while.
I bought one for my Romey and eveytime I put it on her, she fell on her side and kind of freaked out. I caved in after several attempts to get her used to it and gave up. Others have used them with great results.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 34
Location : Kent, UK

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Matilda wrote:
I bought one for my Romey and eveytime I put it on her, she fell on her side and kind of freaked out. I caved in after several attempts to get her used to it and gave up.
That's exactly how Georgie reacted when we put a harness on her (so we could take her outside)!! She was having none of it and we haven't tried since.

Re: the nappy, it was simply an idea since it might have given us a few hours liberty from the constant poo patrol. Not that we really mind. Comes with having indoor pigeons. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
ysplace
Special Pigeon Angel


Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-01-08

PostSubject: Video on Pigeon Diapers   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:43 pm

While reading the article posted tonight on pigeon poop and its uses, I got side tracked with advertisement of youtube videos showing Georgie and Elmo. From here, I came across a how to video for pigeon diapers. Its not in english but the pigeon how well he handled the flight suit gave me quite a chuckle.

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:56 am

That was a great video, yvette.
Both the human and pigeon seem to be pros when it comes to diapering. Way To Go

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 34
Location : Kent, UK

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm

ysplace wrote:
While reading the article posted tonight on pigeon poop and its uses, I got side tracked with advertisement of youtube videos showing Georgie and Elmo. From here, I came across a how to video for pigeon diapers. Its not in english but the pigeon how well he handled the flight suit gave me quite a chuckle.
That's too funny It's way too easy to get side tracked when there's such lovely pigeons involved (if I may say so myself). Wink
Great find on the video. Great job It's amazing how well behaved that pigeon is. He doesn't seem bothered at all! LOL!

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 pm


I had a diaper made for our little JuJu Bee but her legs keep getting twisted in the elastic suspenders Disappointed , the one on the video has a solid one piece front & I bet that would work better for her.


I found this site http://www.flightquarters.com/ This place has the solid one piece, I think we are going to try this one too. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Mon May 09, 2011 6:24 pm




Here's Precious wearing her pigeon diaper, sorry not the best photo. She doesn't mind it & can fly wearing it too!

We ordered it for one of our little Stettners but found that because of the way the diaper is made JuJu Bee & Arusha would get their feet & legs tangled in it so we ordered 2 "flight suits" from Avian Fashions for them. They make one piece diapers.

We are very happy & they pijjies are happy too! Laughing I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Mon May 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Laughing Precious looks like she's joined the parachute regiment! That's too funny
She's all grown up now, and looking so pretty! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Mon May 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Precious is too cute, Robin.
And what a cutie in her new 'undies'. I love it/them

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Tue May 10, 2011 9:00 am

Teresa wrote:
Laughing Precious looks like she's joined the parachute regiment! That's too funny
She's all grown up now, and looking so pretty! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Precious is too cute, Robin.
And what a cutie in her new 'undies'. I love it/them



That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2009-07-25
Location : Munich/Germany

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sun May 22, 2011 12:36 pm

The pigeon in the Japanese video looks as if s/he has been drugged. I have never seen a pigeon that much unimpressed being handled like that. To be honest I don't like it and cannot find it even funny. But we had this discussion already in another thread...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sun May 22, 2011 8:48 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
The pigeon in the Japanese video looks as if s/he has been drugged. I have never seen a pigeon that much unimpressed being handled like that. To be honest I don't like it and cannot find it even funny. But we had this discussion already in another thread...

I think it's possible that the pigeon just doesn't mind being handled. Look at his ceres, and the shape of the body -- that's no feral! He's a homer, and probably very accustomed to being handled in shows or races. And his blinking and movements look normal.
Even tame ferals can be very obliging. I bet I could get Strophe into a Barbie outfit if that wasn't an incredibly stupid idea! Laughing
I don't know how pigeons act when they're drugged Serious EEK!! but I've seen Hercules and others very groggy when they were recovering from anaesthesia, eyes half-closed, poor coordination, not at all like that.

I understand your concern, but I'd have to say it didn't cross my mind until I read your post. Is there anything else you saw/read about that video that gave you cause for alarm?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sun May 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Teresa wrote:
pigeonwriter wrote:
The pigeon in the Japanese video looks as if s/he has been drugged. I have never seen a pigeon that much unimpressed being handled like that. To be honest I don't like it and cannot find it even funny. But we had this discussion already in another thread...

I think it's possible that the pigeon just doesn't mind being handled. Look at his ceres, and the shape of the body -- that's no feral! He's a homer, and probably very accustomed to being handled in shows or races. And his blinking and movements look normal.
Even tame ferals can be very obliging.

I bet I could get Strophe into a Barbie outfit if that wasn't an incredibly stupid idea! Laughing

I don't know how pigeons act when they're drugged Serious EEK!! but I've seen Hercules and others very groggy when they were recovering from anaesthesia, eyes half-closed, poor coordination, not at all like that.

I understand your concern, but I'd have to say it didn't cross my mind until I read your post. Is there anything else you saw/read about that video that gave you cause for alarm?


She is a tame little one.

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Mon May 23, 2011 8:08 am


I doubt that the pigeon is drugged, it's eyes are wide open & it's head is not wobbly.

Our pigeons act much the same way when we are putting on their diapers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2009-07-25
Location : Munich/Germany

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Mon May 23, 2011 10:48 am

Dear Friends, I meant my comment rather ironic - not to be taken too literally. I feel great pity with all animals who are schlepped from one show to another, from one unnatural event to another. This is NOT animal love - this is pure exploitation.
A whole different thing is if you have a handicapped pigeon who cannot survive without your intensive care. This of course has similar consequences, the bird becoming very accustomed to the caretaker.

I just wanted make this clear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Mon May 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Well you fooled me! That's too funny I thought you were being literal... Laughing
Back to top Go down
CookieDove

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:58 pm

pigeon 1 Are there any dove diapers?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:04 pm

To be honest, I don't know for sure, but I presume there are. But Sal, from Dovebook, will know for sure. I'll put the question to her. Smile
Back to top Go down
DOVEBOOK

avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Hello CookieDove and All,

A while back on our site's Facebook page, I had posted some information relating to the subject. At the time, I was also finding out for myself if dove-diapering Paz, my ringneck, while he's out of his enclosed habitat is a good idea. As part of that discussion I linked one of the same sites which are previously included in this thread.

You'll find in FlightQuarters.com there are pictures posted, submitted by their customers, of a couple ringneck doves (one looks to be a bulleyed-white and the other an albino) modeling a type of bird wear with dove diaper:





I was (still am actually) considering obtaining these for Paz, if only to see how he takes to them. This will be when the money becomes available.

While Paz and I currently don't have first-hand experience with dove-diapering or bird wear, I know of at least one person and her bird that does: Elizabeth from MickaCoo. She happened to write a blog about the subject when she tried one on her ringneck named Lily. You can find the link to her blog here:

http://www.rescuereport.org/2011/07/more-baby-updates-junior-lily-and.html

Best regards,

Sal

CookieDove wrote:
pigeon 1 Are there any dove diapers?
Back to top Go down
http://dovebook.webs.com/
CookieDove

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:10 pm

pigeon 1 Dovey Thanks! My dove, Cookie, comes out of his cage daily and flies around the house. My mom and dad are upset with him putting droppings wherever he likes. Are there any sites on how to handmake dove diapers? Also, your dove is very adorable.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Sal, thank you SO MUCH for all the information! Thank You

CookieDove, I know what you mean about the poops! That's too funny While my Strophe was exercising today she decided that where she REALLY wanted to leave her mark was right on the book I'd been reading! Oh no But that's the exception rather than the rule. Usually the pigeons have favourite places to perch while they're flying round the house, and a strategically placed bit of newspaper under there often catches the droppings.

I found on another forum a lady who makes diapers for her doves, and was considering selling to the public. This is her contact: birdwearlady@hotmail.com

And one of her creations:


Another idea would be to buy from a supplier initially (perhaps your parents would help with the cost, for the sake of no poops), and to copy the design... Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
CookieDove

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:41 pm

pigeon 1 Thanks! I as trying to see if I can make one for Cookie. Have a Dovey day.
Back to top Go down
gotlin

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 29
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Could I ask you where I could buy these diapers ? and how expensive they are? Well, maybe I'll give the pigeons to someone, maybe to the girl that has a big aviary and leave every days their doves and pigeons go wherever they want, but I'm scared about tha one that has the broken wing... I'm not really sure to give him to her because I'm scared from hawks, and he'll be an easy prey...
So while I'm thinking what I have to do I'll be happy to leave sometimes the two pigeons free in my room... especially the babyone...
Back to top Go down
http://tirepare.blogspot.com/
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 am

gotlin wrote:
Could I ask you where I could buy these diapers ? and how expensive they are? Well, maybe I'll give the pigeons to someone, maybe to the girl that has a big aviary and leave every days their doves and pigeons go wherever they want, but I'm scared about tha one that has the broken wing... I'm not really sure to give him to her because I'm scared from hawks, and he'll be an easy prey...
So while I'm thinking what I have to do I'll be happy to leave sometimes the two pigeons free in my room... especially the babyone...

Eeek, I didn't realise she lets her pigeons fly free every day! Just replied on Facebook.

About the pigeon diapers, in my post above there is a contact link for the lady who made the one in the picture -- sheshould be able to tell you about prices etc. Or you can google 'pigeon diapers' or 'pigeon nappies' as there are a few. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   

Back to top Go down
 
Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Pets-
Jump to: