Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!

Go down 
+6
Teresa
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
ysplace
Matilda
Mrs.AviatorRodent
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Empty
PostSubject: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Hiya!
I was just wondering if anyone has used a pigeon nappy (diaper)? I cannot remember how I came across this website: http://www.birdwearonline.net/index.html (could have been on this forum Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 106767 ) and I'm interested if they work.

I doubt Elmo and Georgie would put up with having one on them, since they refuse to wear a harness for going outside, but it might be worth a try if it'll reduce their mess in the house (we wouldn't keep them on all the time).

Thanks in advance! Feeling great
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
Hiya!
I was just wondering if anyone has used a pigeon nappy (diaper)? I cannot remember how I came across this website: http://www.birdwearonline.net/index.html (could have been on this forum Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 106767 ) and I'm interested if they work.

I doubt Elmo and Georgie would put up with having one on them, since they refuse to wear a harness for going outside, but it might be worth a try if it'll reduce their mess in the house (we wouldn't keep them on all the time).

Thanks in advance! Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_sunny

The bird diapper is not intended to be worn long term but for a few hours at a time out of a cage. Because your birds have free range of your place, so to speak it may not be worth while. Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 466834
I bought one for my Romey and eveytime I put it on her, she fell on her side and kind of freaked out. I caved in after several attempts to get her used to it and gave up. Others have used them with great results.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Matilda wrote:
I bought one for my Romey and eveytime I put it on her, she fell on her side and kind of freaked out. I caved in after several attempts to get her used to it and gave up.
That's exactly how Georgie reacted when we put a harness on her (so we could take her outside)!! She was having none of it and we haven't tried since.

Re: the nappy, it was simply an idea since it might have given us a few hours liberty from the constant poo patrol. Not that we really mind. Comes with having indoor pigeons. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
ysplace
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Video on Pigeon Diapers   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:43 pm

While reading the article posted tonight on pigeon poop and its uses, I got side tracked with advertisement of youtube videos showing Georgie and Elmo. From here, I came across a how to video for pigeon diapers. Its not in english but the pigeon how well he handled the flight suit gave me quite a chuckle.

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:56 am

That was a great video, yvette. Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 142829
Both the human and pigeon seem to be pros when it comes to diapering. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm

ysplace wrote:
While reading the article posted tonight on pigeon poop and its uses, I got side tracked with advertisement of youtube videos showing Georgie and Elmo. From here, I came across a how to video for pigeon diapers. Its not in english but the pigeon how well he handled the flight suit gave me quite a chuckle.
That's too funny It's way too easy to get side tracked when there's such lovely pigeons involved (if I may say so myself). Wink
Great find on the video. Great job It's amazing how well behaved that pigeon is. He doesn't seem bothered at all! LOL!

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 pm

I had a diaper made for our little JuJu Bee but her legs keep getting twisted in the elastic suspenders Disappointed , the one on the video has a solid one piece front & I bet that would work better for her. Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 395766

I found this site http://www.flightquarters.com/ This place has the solid one piece, I think we are going to try this one too. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Precoi11

Here's Precious wearing her pigeon diaper, sorry not the best photo. She doesn't mind it & can fly wearing it too!

We ordered it for one of our little Stettners but found that because of the way the diaper is made JuJu Bee & Arusha would get their feet & legs tangled in it so we ordered 2 "flight suits" from Avian Fashions for them. They make one piece diapers.

We are very happy & they pijjies are happy too! Laughing I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Laughing Precious looks like she's joined the parachute regiment! That's too funny
She's all grown up now, and looking so pretty! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Precious is too cute, Robin.
And what a cutie in her new 'undies'. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:00 am

Teresa wrote:
Laughing Precious looks like she's joined the parachute regiment! That's too funny
She's all grown up now, and looking so pretty! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Precious is too cute, Robin.
And what a cutie in her new 'undies'. I love it/them

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 395766 That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:36 pm

The pigeon in the Japanese video looks as if s/he has been drugged. I have never seen a pigeon that much unimpressed being handled like that. To be honest I don't like it and cannot find it even funny. But we had this discussion already in another thread...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:48 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
The pigeon in the Japanese video looks as if s/he has been drugged. I have never seen a pigeon that much unimpressed being handled like that. To be honest I don't like it and cannot find it even funny. But we had this discussion already in another thread...

I think it's possible that the pigeon just doesn't mind being handled. Look at his ceres, and the shape of the body -- that's no feral! He's a homer, and probably very accustomed to being handled in shows or races. And his blinking and movements look normal.
Even tame ferals can be very obliging. I bet I could get Strophe into a Barbie outfit if that wasn't an incredibly stupid idea! Laughing
I don't know how pigeons act when they're drugged Serious EEK!! but I've seen Hercules and others very groggy when they were recovering from anaesthesia, eyes half-closed, poor coordination, not at all like that.

I understand your concern, but I'd have to say it didn't cross my mind until I read your post. Is there anything else you saw/read about that video that gave you cause for alarm?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Teresa wrote:
pigeonwriter wrote:

I think it's possible that the pigeon just doesn't mind being handled. Look at his ceres, and the shape of the body -- that's no feral! He's a homer, and probably very accustomed to being handled in shows or races. And his blinking and movements look normal.
Even tame ferals can be very obliging.

I bet I could get Strophe into a Barbie outfit if that wasn't an incredibly stupid idea! Laughing

I don't know how pigeons act when they're drugged Serious EEK!! but I've seen Hercules and others very groggy when they were recovering from anaesthesia, eyes half-closed, poor coordination, not at all like that.

I understand your concern, but I'd have to say it didn't cross my mind until I read your post. Is there anything else you saw/read about that video that gave you cause for alarm?

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 46723
She is a tame little one. Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 983488
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:08 am

I doubt that the pigeon is drugged, it's eyes are wide open & it's head is not wobbly.

Our pigeons act much the same way when we are putting on their diapers.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:48 am

Dear Friends, I meant my comment rather ironic - not to be taken too literally. I feel great pity with all animals who are schlepped from one show to another, from one unnatural event to another. This is NOT animal love - this is pure exploitation.
A whole different thing is if you have a handicapped pigeon who cannot survive without your intensive care. This of course has similar consequences, the bird becoming very accustomed to the caretaker.

I just wanted make this clear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Well you fooled me! That's too funny I thought you were being literal... Laughing
Back to top Go down
CookieDove

CookieDove

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:58 pm

pigeon 1 Are there any dove diapers? Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 35455
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:04 pm

To be honest, I don't know for sure, but I presume there are. But Sal, from Dovebook, will know for sure. I'll put the question to her. Smile
Back to top Go down
DOVEBOOK

DOVEBOOK

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Hello CookieDove and All,

A while back on our site's Facebook page, I had posted some information relating to the subject. At the time, I was also finding out for myself if dove-diapering Paz, my ringneck, while he's out of his enclosed habitat is a good idea. As part of that discussion I linked one of the same sites which are previously included in this thread.

You'll find in FlightQuarters.com there are pictures posted, submitted by their customers, of a couple ringneck doves (one looks to be a bulleyed-white and the other an albino) modeling a type of bird wear with dove diaper:

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Main.php?g2_view=core

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Main.php?g2_view=core

I was (still am actually) considering obtaining these for Paz, if only to see how he takes to them. This will be when the money becomes available.

While Paz and I currently don't have first-hand experience with dove-diapering or bird wear, I know of at least one person and her bird that does: Elizabeth from MickaCoo. She happened to write a blog about the subject when she tried one on her ringneck named Lily. You can find the link to her blog here:

http://www.rescuereport.org/2011/07/more-baby-updates-junior-lily-and.html

Best regards,

Sal

CookieDove wrote:
pigeon 1 Are there any dove diapers? Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 35455
Back to top Go down
http://dovebook.webs.com/
CookieDove

CookieDove

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:10 pm

pigeon 1 Dovey Thanks! My dove, Cookie, comes out of his cage daily and flies around the house. My mom and dad are upset with him putting droppings wherever he likes. Are there any sites on how to handmake dove diapers? Also, your dove is very adorable. Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 35455
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Sal, thank you SO MUCH for all the information! Thank You

CookieDove, I know what you mean about the poops! That's too funny While my Strophe was exercising today she decided that where she REALLY wanted to leave her mark was right on the book I'd been reading! Oh no But that's the exception rather than the rule. Usually the pigeons have favourite places to perch while they're flying round the house, and a strategically placed bit of newspaper under there often catches the droppings.

I found on another forum a lady who makes diapers for her doves, and was considering selling to the public. This is her contact: birdwearlady@hotmail.com

And one of her creations:
Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Dove-diaper

Another idea would be to buy from a supplier initially (perhaps your parents would help with the cost, for the sake of no poops), and to copy the design... Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
CookieDove

CookieDove

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:41 pm

pigeon 1 Thanks! I as trying to see if I can make one for Cookie. Have a Dovey day. Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! 35455
Back to top Go down
gotlin

gotlin

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Could I ask you where I could buy these diapers ? and how expensive they are? Well, maybe I'll give the pigeons to someone, maybe to the girl that has a big aviary and leave every days their doves and pigeons go wherever they want, but I'm scared about tha one that has the broken wing... I'm not really sure to give him to her because I'm scared from hawks, and he'll be an easy prey...
So while I'm thinking what I have to do I'll be happy to leave sometimes the two pigeons free in my room... especially the babyone...
Back to top Go down
http://tirepare.blogspot.com/
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 am

gotlin wrote:
Could I ask you where I could buy these diapers ? and how expensive they are? Well, maybe I'll give the pigeons to someone, maybe to the girl that has a big aviary and leave every days their doves and pigeons go wherever they want, but I'm scared about tha one that has the broken wing... I'm not really sure to give him to her because I'm scared from hawks, and he'll be an easy prey...
So while I'm thinking what I have to do I'll be happy to leave sometimes the two pigeons free in my room... especially the babyone...

Eeek, I didn't realise she lets her pigeons fly free every day! Just replied on Facebook.

About the pigeon diapers, in my post above there is a contact link for the lady who made the one in the picture -- sheshould be able to tell you about prices etc. Or you can google 'pigeon diapers' or 'pigeon nappies' as there are a few. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!   Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nappies (diapers) for pigeons?!
Page 1 of 1