Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves

Go down 
+8
joyful_pigeon
AZJourney
EgypSwiftLady
Teresa
HootOwl
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Matilda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:02 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:

... And I think she may have arrived (sadly been mauled by a cat so it's early days yet to see if she survives. Poor darling).

Bless, I hope she makes it. Dove right

I still haven't definitely named my Oops babies. Just haven't clicked with anything. I might need to pinch someone's ideas.

Thought maybe Prince & Princess as they're brother & sister and now mates. Happy

Janet
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:19 pm

jamy wrote:
Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:

... And I think she may have arrived (sadly been mauled by a cat so it's early days yet to see if she survives. Poor darling).

Bless, I hope she makes it. Dove right

I still haven't definitely named my Oops babies. Just haven't clicked with anything. I might need to pinch someone's ideas.

Thought maybe Prince & Princess as they're brother & sister and now mates. Happy

Janet
Thanks, I hope she makes it too. She's so very pretty (sandy coloured with a small dove face). Good luck with your Oops babies!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Sending my best wishes that the new arrival recovers from it's injuries.
Please let us know how things go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 pm

For those who asked about the sandy coloured injured pigeon: She/he has small injuries under her wing and a small crop puncture. She's had anti-inflammitory medication and is on a course of antibiotics. She's feeding for herself and doing well. The wounds are healing nicely! Happy

Here's a photo of her:
The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 4558101953_353a7979c9

Last edited by Mrs.AviatorRodent on Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:58 pm

What a pretty little soul.

So glad she's healing up so well. Will she be releasable if all goes well?

Janet
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:04 pm

jamy wrote:
Will she be releasable if all goes well?
Hi Janet!
I think she'll be alright to release if she fully recovers. We'll have to keep her a bit longer for her to grow up a bit more since she's still very young, but as long as she's not too tame, we'll be able to put her with other pigeons for release when she's better. Fingers crossed! Happy
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:01 pm

She's adorable! I love it/them
I'm delighted to hear that she's doing well! Great job Best wishes for a full recovery, little one!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Ah...she's apricot. What a lovely little feathered being. My Cutie Pie would like her.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Thank you for posting a photo of your little rescue, Revati.
She is absolutely gorgeous. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Just an update on the little apricot-coloured pigeon. She's made a full recovery and is now living in an aviary with Dora. We decided that Peaches (which is her name) isn't releasable since she's a fancy pigeon and so delicate. And I have to admit, we like her too much to let her take her chances in the big bad world! Sorry
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:11 pm

That's lovely to hear. So glad she's got a permanent home. I love it/them

Love the name Peaches. :Yes:

Janet
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:50 pm

That's wonderful, Rev.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Appreciate the update, Revati. Smile

I'm so glad Peaches recovery went well and has found a wonderful forever home. Circle of Love
When time permits, please let us know how things are going.
We'd love to see a couple pictures. Wink
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Appreciate the update, Revati. Smile

I'm so glad Peaches recovery went well and has found a wonderful forever home. Circle of Love
When time permits, please let us know how things are going.
We'd love to see a couple pictures. Wink

I agree I'm delighted to hear the good news! Circle of Love And Peaches is a great name for her! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Yes, can you post some pics? I love it/them
Back to top Go down
taylor-bird

taylor-bird

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am

Having pigeons almost my entire life, I find myself running out of names too haha, these are a few of my more creative names (That I can think of this late at night anyway!)
Ky
Star
Spider
Verbena
Cooper
Joaquin
Maximus
Kira
Victoria
Lenore
Stomper
baryshnikov (because he was a beautiful dancer!) and
Archaeopteryx.
A couple pairs,
Desmond and Molly jones
Venus and Mars
And one of my favorites, my 16 year old German ice pigeon
Maximillian Barron Von Hoffenburg III

Happy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:06 am

Saska,
At the end of your name list, you mentioned having an German Ice pigeon
I had never heard of that breed so I decided to google it.

What a beautiful bird. How interesting how it got it's name. Smile

Back to top Go down
taylor-bird

taylor-bird

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Saska,
At the end of your name list, you mentioned having an German Ice pigeon
I had never heard of that breed so I decided to google it.

What a beautiful bird. How interesting how it got it's name. Smile

He had the feathered legs and two black wing bars. I got him when I was about 13 years old at a county fair. He was alone but chose to be without a mate, maybe because he was older, or maybe he missed his mate from a previous pairing, but he loved babies and would try to feed my other pairs babies and even tried to steal them! So when I would come across a needy orphaned baby I would give them to him and he would foster them, even a little one named Harley that I had found under an overpass with extremely splayed legs and a broken wing that was already almost a month and a half old and almost as big as him! He didn't mind, he cared for her and was as gentle as any parent to a newly hatched baby, he worried when I would take her to her vet visits, but when I came home he would preen her and try to sit over her and keep her warm.. He had one of the most open, truest hearts of any living being I have ever known. The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 983488 I loved him, sadly he was killed by a fantail of mine one morning Disappointed
I was young then and have since learned the signs to keep certain pigeons apart from each other and no longer let my birds hatch out all their eggs. I miss Max though, he successfully raised 6 babies on his own and they all loved him, he is buried up on a hill near an oak tree next to the most dear pigeon in my life ever, Bradley (who I am in the middle of writing an entire novel about), I will add my shorter story of Bradley on the memorial section of this forum.. I have a tattoo of my little bradley and will never ever forget the impact she had on my life The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
DOVEBOOK

DOVEBOOK

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Hello All,

Did a quick browse-through of this topic and I love all of the names that have been listed on it so far. The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 983488 Nice Thread

How about adding "Paz" to the list? "Paz" is the Spanish word for "Peace" and can fairly describe my companion ringneck dove.

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Cdsal_99-albums-paz-pink-pied-ringneck-dove-picture63197-cage-lounging
Back to top Go down
http://dovebook.webs.com/
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:31 pm

DOVEBOOK wrote:
Hello All,

Did a quick browse-through of this topic and I love all of the names that have been listed on it so far. The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 983488 Nice Thread

How about adding "Paz" to the list? "Paz" is the Spanish word for "Peace" and can fairly describe my companion ringneck dove.

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Cdsal_99-albums-paz-pink-pied-ringneck-dove-picture63197-cage-lounging

I didn't know that. Thanks The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2