Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...

Go down 
+9
joyful_pigeon
Tech
technocactus
Jackie\'s Mom
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
persimmonspea
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:30 pm

So happy to hear that Virgil has arrived safely Woo hoo Happy Dance Woo hoo

I know he will have a wonderful life with Jay and the other birds.

Faon...........I know that bittersweet feeling..........I felt the same way when I sent Birdy to Robin. You have done what was best for Virgil Pigeon angel Bless you for that!!

Can't wait to hear that Virgil is settled into his new home.

Louise Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:34 pm

I can see it all...quite a relief that the eagle has landed.
Sleep well, Faon...you deserve it. There are other pigeons in your future...I just know it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
I think it's great that they have a Pet Hot Line that you can call.
Louise

Sure does make it convenient and easier on the nerves. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 pm

persimmonspea wrote:
Virgil is in Providence! The plane landed 12 minutes early! We should be hearing from Jay any time now. Happy Dance

YESS!! Celebrate
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm so glad to hear that Virgil is in Jay's possession and all went well.
Many thank for giving us the latest update, Faon. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 am

It's now very late, so will just let you all know that Virgil and Aries cooed and talked to each other for a while before they both fell asleep. They are both in the dining room in separate cages, but for right now are company for each other. Soon Aries will be moved to another room, and Cricket brought in to start getting to know Virgil. Before retiring, Virgil had a good drink and a midnight snack. He's a sweet little guy. All tucked in and sleeping soundly with his hedgehog. Sweet dreams little Virgil.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:15 am

We so appreciate the late night/early morning update, Jay. Smile I'm thrilled that everything went without a hitch. Thrilled
Of course we will be right here waiting for updates and pictures. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Readin17 Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks for the late night update Jay! I'm beyond giddy knowing he is there and settled in nicely! I can't wait to hear about the first day in his new home.

YOU rock

-Faon
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Sorry I haven't updated sooner, but it's been a busy day. Virgil is precious, and very full of wonder at his new surroundings. He and Aries have been talking to each other, and I think Aries is filling his head with all sorts of ways to get around us, and on how to get extra safflower seeds in his mix. As expected, he is a bit apprehensive of us, and wings slaps when you enter his domain, but when I take him out and hold him, he just kind of settles in and doesn't seem to mind at all. I thought I would just let him kick back in his new cage with his hedgehog buddy and relax today after his long journey. Aries will be moved to the kitchen, of all places, so that we can put up a cage for Cricket on the dining room table with Virgil. I thought I should wait a few days for Virg to get comfortable here first. Does anyone have any opinions on that? Or should I just bring her in today? Here are some pics of his arrival to his new home last night.

Charis and Faon, I just love the way you guys fixed the little kennel, although the hedgehog somehow came loose. He was probably clinging to it for dear life, and pulled it loose.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 VirgilComingHome001-1

When we opened the kennel, he was hiding behind his hedgehog, which is what he was doing at the airport. The girl who brought him to us looked in and got scared when she saw the hedgehog, until I explained that it was his snuggle toy. I won't even go into the looks we got then. LOL. Like "Sure..........doesn't every pigeon have a snuggle toy?"
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 VirgilComingHome009

And you're right Faon. He does love his mirror.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 VirgilComingHome021-1

I imagine that he slept well in spite of everything being new after his long day. We put his cover over the cage, but we leave a night light on for them, so he could see to get around. Me, I couldn't sleep as I was too keyed up, so didn't get much rest last night. This morning, he and Aries were up at the crack of dawn, talking up a storm, and Virgil had seeds scattered all over, and was poking at his hedgehog. Like I said, I'm just going to let him relax and get used to things for today. When do you all think I should bring Cricket into the mix?

He's such a pretty little bird. He has a sweet face.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 VirgilComingHome026
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Faon gets all the credit for fixing up the kennel...I did not a thing. I think she did a fabulous job. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 142829
Sounds like you are all having a gramd time getting to know each other. Why wait for Cricket to join the mix?
Love all the pictures. Don looks so delightd to have another pigeon. He's a Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 514260
after all. Way to go
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Oh Jay... Thank you so much for the update and the pictures!! He looks great! He is such a funny little guy, I love that he is already taken with his mirror. ! I am sure he had so much to say to Aries, as Virgil hasn't had anyone who understands his language for over 4 months!! That last picture is exactly how I remember him...sooo darn sweet!! I can't wait to hear all about his antics as he settles into life there!

- Faon
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Well Charis suggests that I set Cricket up next to Virgil right away, and that maybe it will help him to feel more at ease sooner. So this afternoon we moved Aries cage to the kitchen. I can't begin to tell you all how much that adds to the decor. I think Don is getting ready to move into the loft, as we seem to be housing more birds in the house lately. And Cricket will be joining Virgil in the dining room this afternoon. Everybody, keep your fingers crossed! I'll let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Well if Hoot doesn't look like the proudest peacock I don't know who does. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 789920

I love the photos, Jay. They're wonderful. Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 142829

Virgil is a beauty. Pigeon angel

Again, I'm so glad all went well. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Virgil is one beautiful guy! I love it/them

I'm sure it will take him no time at all to settle in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Cricket is now residing in the dining room alongside Virgil. I left the two cages partly uncovered where they meet. Virgil was immediately interested to know who his new roomate was, and cooed softly. Cricket responded to his soft cooing by craning her neck to check him out from the safety of her perch. When she couldn't see him from there, she jumped down and walked over to the side of the cage where he was. They met up there, at the side of their prospective cages, and he bowed and cooed softly to her. Of course she then walked away and played hard to get. But he was not to be ignored, and climbed up onto his hedgehog for a better look. He kept up his soft cooing, and she kept returning to the open side of the cage. When I covered them for the night, I covered them as a unit, both together, just in case they want to visit during the night. Sweet dreams Cricket and Virgil.
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 CricketmeetsVirgil012
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 CricketmeetsVirgil007
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 CricketmeetsVirgil020
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 CricketmeetsVirgil025
Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 CricketmeetsVirgil016
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Laughing ...that's adorable...your description and the pictures.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 pm

It was cute, they're covered for the night, but he's still cooing to her. That nice soft coo that Don loves. He's just so adorable. How could she not be impressed?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:07 pm

I have no doubt he'll win her over.
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:35 am

This is just wonderful!!! Jumpin for joy

The pictures are adorable...It looks like Virgil just might win her heart. How could she possibly resist such a little sweetheart? He definitely won't be able to resist Cricket's beauty. They will make such a beautiful couple!!

Thank you for the update, this really makes my day!

Feeling great
-Faon
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 am

Its like they were meant to be together I love it/them Love is in the air at your house. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:29 am

Don't think she knows what to do with the attention. She's not used to such a sweetie vying for her attention. He really is cute. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 am

How is Cricket reacting today?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 am

Not sure. When I go and check, she is just sitting on her perch. I think she is wondering why she is in a cage inside, rather than in the loft. Of course, I'm not in there all the time. So not sure. Aries, in the mean time, hasn't stopped his almost constant vocalizations. Sounds like a loft in here. nutter
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 am

How are Virgil and Cricket today?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 am

I'm wondering the same thing, Faon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...   Virgil in need of friends and a forever home... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virgil in need of friends and a forever home...
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next