Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

I want to share with you...

Go down 
+8
AZJourney
Ivor
Jenaka
priya
Teresa
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
Matilda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

I want to share with you... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 pm

I want to share with you... - Page 2 100_2117
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Beetle is a star...there is no way around it especially since he had never seen a human child before. Today he saw many. Most were thrilled to see a Pigeon up close. Other children were whisked past us quickly by their parents. One child haunts me as I could tell she was interested in meeting Beetle, while her mom was not.
By the time we got home, Beetle was tired and hungry and more than ready for dinner.

Beetle's coloring is very pretty...copper/grey wings and grey body...gong to be quite a stunner. Totally sweet. Star quality
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Charis..........I'm sure both Beetle and you were a real attraction for all the children at the play.

I'm so glad it went so well for you, and that many of the children had to opportunity to see a pigeon up close. Education at this level does leave a lifelong impression. Hopefully some of these children will grow to see pigeons in a different light.

Little Beetle is growing so fast, and is so adorable.

More pictures Picture(s)/video of her please.

Louise I want to share with you... - Page 2 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Appreciate the update on how the day went, Charis.
Sorry some of the parents were less interested in meeting Beetle Bug than their children. Unfortunately, that's to be expected. Disappointed
I'm so glad the little one was hit despite some negative responses. Thrilled

The picture is adorable.

Last edited by Fancyfeathers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Charis..........I'm sure both Beetle and you were a real attraction for all the children at the play.

I'm so glad it went so well for you, and that many of the children had to opportunity to see a pigeon up close.
Education at this level does leave a lifelong impression. Hopefully some of these children will grow to see pigeons in a different light.

Little Beetle is growing so fast, and is so adorable.

More pictures Picture(s)/video of her please.

Louise I want to share with you... - Page 2 789920

I agree, Louise. And that's what counts.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:49 pm

I just read through this thred - how lovely - I absolutely adore it!!!!

Teach the kids before they are brainwashed - the only way to teach the world!

Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:01 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
I just read through this thred - how lovely - I absolutely adore it!!!!

Teach the kids before they are brainwashed - the only way to teach the world!

Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love

I agree I want to share with you... - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Charis, that's just wonderful! What a star little Beetle Bug is! And what a star you are, dedicating so much time and effort to give those children a close encounter with pigeons they will always treasure! Way To Go
It's a great shame some of the parents are prejudiced, but those are the kinds of parents whose children will be rebels later! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:03 pm

I had an interesting question today. One woman asked me if we could provide community outreach. She was interested in having me come to her granddaughter's school with a Pigeon and share with the children information about Pigeons. I said I would be happy to do that. Then she told me that her granddaughter goes to school 200 miles from here.
I told her I would try to find someone that could do that in her area.

The whole thing got me to thinking though, if we have volunteers, we can offer talks in each of our areas. Any one interested in going to a local school, once in a while and talking about Pigeons?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Matilda wrote:
I had an interesting question today. One woman asked me if we could provide community outreach. She was interested in having me come to her granddaughter's school with a Pigeon and share with the children information about Pigeons. I said I would be happy to do that.

* Then she told me that her granddaughter goes to school 200 miles from here.
I told her I would try to find someone that could do that in her area.

The whole thing got me to thinking though, if we have volunteers, we can offer talks in each of our areas.

** Any one interested in going to a local school, once in a while and talking about Pigeons?

* Holy Sheep!! I want to share with you... - Page 2 279675 Perhaps she could see your beautiful Pigeon angel wings and figured you could just fly over there. pigeon 1 :That\\\'s so f

**When things settle down around here, I would be interested. Rae Charles would be the only pigeon I could take along.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Cindy...that would be fantastic as I see Rae Charles as a perfect ambassator.

There was a little boy today that was completely enthralled by Beetle Bug. His first visit to see Beetle Bug, wwas in the arms of his grandmother. She asked if he wanted to pet the Pigeon but the boy said... no. He came back many more times before the play started, each time with a different member of his family. After several go arounds, he was petting Beetle Bug. It was very cute and I don't think he will ever forget.
Another little girl lives about 2 hours from Portland. She told me her address over and over because she wants me to bring Beetle Bug to her house for a visit. She also gave me very explicit verbal directions to her house.
A family sat down near us and the mom read Fallen's story out loud to her two little children. The mom was crying at the end of the story and I was thrilled it made such an impact.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Good post
What a wonderfully positive post. YESS!! Happy Dance Celebrate
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Feeling great This is an awesome thread. It brought tears to my eyes!! Thank you for sharing your experiences with the kids and I also enjoyed the beautiful flyer and the photos you posted, Charis.

(Sorry I haven't been on for awhile... I've missed everyone! Dealing with work issues & also preparing to build a new pigeon loft during my free hours)

It's soooo cool hearing about all the children who're learning to appreciate pigeons. Star quality

hugs,
joyful-pigeon
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:57 am

Charis - this is a wonderful feedback you are getting and it gives hope that some people change their mind through the kids. If it only were more - sigh Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:14 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Charis - this is a wonderful feedback you are getting and it gives hope that some people change their mind through the kids.
If it only were more - sigh Embarassed

I think 'word of mouth' goes a long way. One kid will tell their friend about the play they got to go see and that they even got to see a real live baby pigeon. Kids LOVE to brag to their friends. The friend then goes and tells another friend, perhaps out of envy, but the word gets around fast. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:53 am

Matilda wrote:
Cindy...that would be fantastic as I see Rae Charles as a perfect ambassator.

There was a little boy today that was completely enthralled by Beetle Bug. His first visit to see Beetle Bug, wwas in the arms of his grandmother. She asked if he wanted to pet the Pigeon but the boy said... no. He came back many more times before the play started, each time with a different member of his family. After several go arounds, he was petting Beetle Bug. It was very cute and I don't think he will ever forget.
Another little girl lives about 2 hours from Portland. She told me her address over and over because she wants me to bring Beetle Bug to her house for a visit. She also gave me very explicit verbal directions to her house.
A family sat down near us and the mom read Fallen's story out loud to her two little children. The mom was crying at the end of the story and I was thrilled it made such an impact.

YESS!! YESS!! YESS!! Then IMO~ It has served it purpose and that is the best compliment I could ever GET! Thrilled

I am so very HAPPY everything is going so well! Little Beetle Bug is famous! Trust me kiddos...they spread things like wildfires. I had Willow outside one day and all the kids were asking questions..pretty soon the driveway was FILLED with kids! LOL! It's great! When Ryland used to go to public school last year I woud put on Willows Diaper and her and I would walk to school to get Ryland. Daily as I walked passed the cars people would make comments. And ALL of them eventually ended up talking to me about her! ANYTIME we can educate is a great thing in my opinion! # 1

Hip Hip Hooray Congrats Charis on ONE SUCCESSFUL event!!!! Hip Hip Hooray
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:50 am

It wouldn't have been the same without your contribution, Jenn. cheers
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:56 am

Matilda wrote:
It wouldn't have been the same without your contribution, Jenn. cheers

You are both deserving of a 'job well done'. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:59 am

and little Beetle Bug, that just get more adorable each day. Star quality
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:03 am

Matilda wrote:
and little Beetle Bug, that just get more adorable each day. Star quality

All three of you are deserving of a job well done. Great job Great job Great job
Back to top Go down
pouletchalet

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Charis,
I haven't been online for awhile but saw this thread. I love your little handout. Could I have a copy?
We rescue many ferals and lost injured racers and I'm starting to do some education presentation with my wildlife rescue and this would be perfect to hand out to the kids. I also hope to have an ambassador pij to show as well.
What a lovely job you have done on this and I would love to share it with my organization.

-Stefanie
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Of course you can Stephanie. I'll email it to you.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:45 pm

I want to share with you... - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to share with you...   I want to share with you... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to share with you...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2