Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Rescued Feral Squeaker

Go down 
+3
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
jimc2000
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

Rescued Feral Squeaker Empty
PostSubject: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:10 pm

I found this cute feral squeaker running around on the ground at susnset on Tuesday:

Rescued Feral Squeaker 6-1
Rescued Feral Squeaker 6-2

He could only fly a few inches off the ground, so I figured he'd be cat food if I didn't take him in.

I've gotten a bunch of corn & peas into him and taught him how to drink water on his own. I sprayed him down with Scalex to try to get some pigeon flies off him. I'd like to treat him for potential cancker with spartrex and for potential worms with mediworm. Does this sound like a good idea, and is he old enough for a normal adult dosage? Also, is there anything else I should do for him?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm

what a little darling you have there, Jim. Tickled Pink

If you haven't already done so, in addition to giving him the peas and corn, I would suggest putting some seeds in front of him and mimic picking them up as he's definitely old enough to start eating on his own.

I think he's old enough to handle the Spartrix. Were you planning on giving him one tablet as a preventative?

I'm not familiar with the wormer so will leave that up to another member that is. Smile

Please do keep us posted on how things are coming along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:37 pm

What a cute pigeon. He does have a canker look about him and if he were here, I would treat him with spartrix for the next 3 days. I would worm him after that.
Does he feel thin?
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
If you haven't already done so, in addition to giving him the peas and corn, I would suggest putting some seeds in front of him and mimic picking them up as he's definitely old enough to start eating on his own.

I've been leaving seeds inside his make-shift cage, and he has been eating some on his own. This is largely because he spends his time in "quarantine" watching the 5 other rescued pigeons that I'm currently taking care of. So he has plenty of free tutoring, which helps significantly.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 pm

jimc2000 wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

I've been leaving seeds inside his make-shift cage, and he has been eating some on his own. This is largely because he spends his time in "quarantine" watching the 5 other rescued pigeons that I'm currently taking care of. So he has plenty of free tutoring, which helps significantly.

That's great. Great job
It sure does help when they have another pigeon to watch. Smile
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:10 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

That's great. Great job

Yeah, I gave him a pad of paper and a pen so he could take notes, but he doesn't seem interested in using them... Rescued Feral Squeaker 106767
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:18 am

jimc2000 wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

That's great. Great job

Yeah, I gave him a pad of paper and a pen so he could take notes, but he doesn't seem interested in using them... Rescued Feral Squeaker 106767

:That\\\'s so f Kids! Oh brother Never wanting to do their homework. That's too funny :For Shame:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:45 am

jimc2000 wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

That's great. Great job

:That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:14 am

jimc2000 wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

That's great. Great job

Rescued Feral Squeaker 321758 Rescued Feral Squeaker 321758 Rescued Feral Squeaker 321758 Rescued Feral Squeaker 321758 Rescued Feral Squeaker 321758 LOL LOL LOL LOL
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Aw, he's very cute. It's very lucky that he found you. :)

His face & features kinda remind me of a vulture-- but let me stress:
a cute adorable little vulture That's too funny !
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Much to my consternation, this little guy "broke containment" today and got out of his make-shift cage. This was actually quite a feat, and I'm niot sure how he managed it. His cage is a milk crate with a large heavy board on top. I don't see how, but he somehow managed to move the board, which probably weighs 6 or 7 times as much as he does. The board is significantly longer than the milk crate, so, believe it or not, it looks like the other pigeons may have helped his "prison break" by standing on the far end of the board, making it tip up and slide off, kind of like this:

Rescued Feral Squeaker Jailbreak

Unfortunately, after his escape, he mingled with the other pigeons for a few hours today before I discovered the situation. So in addition to treating him for canker and worms, I assume this means I need to re-treat all the other pigeons as well. It's been about three weeks since they were treated with spartrex and about two weeks since they were treated for worms. Is it too soon to treat them again?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Not necessarily, Jim.
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 am

And I guess that, the next time I see one of those corny Disney movies where the intrepid animal friends team up to rescue their captured pal, I'll have to be a lot less skeptical...
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:20 am

I don't mean to make lite of your situtation Jim but their faces look so guility- caught red handed.

Very cute photo & they look beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:42 am

It sounds like you have your own little flock of feathered Houdini's, Jim. Rescued Feral Squeaker 106767
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi there/Bye How is your little feral rescue (aka: Houdini) doing?

Hope he and your flock are all okay. :)
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:24 pm

I was wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:06 am

Matilda wrote:
I was wondering the same thing.

Me too! Smile
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:20 am

He seems to be doing OK. Bcause he's the smallest, he tends to get picked on by some of the other birds, but he's made at least one friend. I'll go into that more in a later post. Meanwhile here's some pics from the weekend:

Rescued Feral Squeaker No6-2
Rescued Feral Squeaker No6-1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:03 am

We so appreciate the update, Jim. Rescued Feral Squeaker 142829
I'm glad to hear the little one is doing well.

Love the new photos. I love it/them Thanks for sharing them with us.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 am

Looks like she has found a good place to roost.
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:45 pm

Matilda wrote:
Looks like she has found a good place to roost.

Yes, it's a popular spot:

Rescued Feral Squeaker Flock1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:54 am

Oh my, I guess that's a popular hang out for the pijjies. Right on
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 am

Love the picture, Jim. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks for the update & pictures. I can almost see a smile on the little pigeon's face in that last photo! Jumpin for joy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescued Feral Squeaker   Rescued Feral Squeaker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescued Feral Squeaker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next