Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

**1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skyespirit

**1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Empty
PostSubject: **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!!   **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 am

Happy April everyone! They’re actually calling for some snow tonight and tomorrow…YUCK!! But I guess there’s nothing we can do about it! We’re starting to get busy already and I have some great news so I wanted to send you all this update.

Here is our first baby Barred Owl of the season and our foster parents are already hard at work caring for it. This baby was found after the heavy winds knocked the nest tree down. We were unable to get up any of the other trees nearby to put up a basket and replace this baby, all the trees were unsafe. You can see that our foster parents dote on orphans, our female on the left tears the food for the baby and our male on the right keeps bringing food. This baby is very young as it’s eyes aren’t open yet and you can still see the egg tooth. It has some bruising from the fall but is in very good condition and is eating really well.

**1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Babybarred

Here is a link to a video I took of these two SUPER GREAT foster parents doing their job at helping me care for orphans:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=55281051

We also got in our first baby cottontail of the year…sadly, it was caught by a cat, which is of course the number one reason we get baby wildlife. I hope this isn’t a sign that cat predation will be worse this year as the price of antibiotics to treat cat bite victims and pain meds have increased yet again.

**1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Bun
We also got in our first baby songbird of the year but my batteries died on my one camera and the camera in the rehab slipped from my hands and well…lets just say it wasn’t pretty!! LOL The baby bird is a mourning dove about 3 weeks old already…also a cat caught victim. We’ve also gotten in quite a few adult squirrels, screech owls, cottontails and songbirds in the last few weeks.

***We are truly blessed to have the private family foundation from Pittsburgh take on our center again for “Double Donations”!!!! Contributions made to our center until the end of April will be doubled up to $10,000!!! We have a LONG way to go to get to that amount and would be forever grateful to everyone that can help! To keep track of donations, they must be made online via one of the paypal links on our website, www.skyes-spirit.com or mailed by check that must be postmarked by April 30th. Cash donations can be accepted however they must be accompanied by a signed letter with the donation amount that I can combine with a deposit to our account. PLEASE forward this on to anyone you know, every bit helps!!!

I also wanted to thank a wonderful young man who had chosen our center to do his senior project. Brian Shoaf is the first Senior in the 10 years we’ve been here to do a senior project and we are very grateful!! He built a truly wonderful new squirrel rehab enclosure and he did a marvelous job!! We are very proud to have Brian choose us to do his project and the squirrels are going to be in heaven with their new condo!!! He built it so that we can add another to the other side of the double door system which is wonderful as we are going to need a total of 4 squirrel enclosures to be able to handle all 4 types of squirrels we get in, red, grey, fox and flying. THANKS BRIAN!!!!!

And finally our wildlife baby shower is set for April 25th which is the last Saturday of the month. Times are from noon to 4pm. If you would like me to e-mail you a flyer let me know. For anyone bringing a gift to the shower, you will get a ticket for door prizes. We’re also have a Chinese auction with some nice prizes that have been donated. Our gift shop will be open with lots of great gifts to offer including many works by Jason from www.themetalpeddler.com

We hope you are all having a wonderful spring! Please forward this e-mail on to anyone on your lists!
Love and light,

Maryjane

Maryjane Angelo

Skye’s Spirit Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
www.skyes-spirit.com
889 Farron Surrena Road
Harrisville, PA 16038

***“Skye’s Spirit Wildlife Rehabilitation Center is a non profit center dedicated to the care, rehabilitation and release of inured and orphaned wildlife. We are currently having a very serious problem with funding in this economy and are in desperate need of contributions to keep this center open and running for wildlife. We are looking for people to pledge their support to the animals! Your monthly contribution of even $5 combined with others that pledge will go a long way to helping these beautiful animals get the care they need. Please pledge today and challenge your friends, family and co-workers to pledge their help as well. We can all make a HUGE difference by joining together to help wildlife.

Please visit this page: http://www.skyes-spirit.com/index_files/pledge.htm to set up your monthly contribution! THANKS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

**1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!!   **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Welcome to Pij-n-Angels, Maryjane.

Nice Thread I really enjoyed reading it and so enjoyed your photos. That baby owl is too cute as is the baby cottontail.
Please do post any updates.

Way To Go Brian. Great job on the squirrel rehab enclosure.

Cindy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!!   **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 pm

This center is in serious financial trouble and at risk of closing.
Maryjane's husband was in a serious acident and is unable to work. The salary he received had kept the center going when funds have been slim.
Let us keep them in our hearts and prayers and I know even a few dollars would help a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!!   **1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**1st Orphan Barred Owl Baby, 1st Baby Cottontail, Senior Project and DOUBLE DONATIONS! - CUTE PICTURES INSIDE!!
Page 1 of 1