Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pigeon illness

Go down 
+2
Matilda
Cammypigeon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cammypigeon

Pigeon illness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 am

Thank you Happy
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 am

Love the thread

the pic of the babies is soooooo cute
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:11 am

Happy ...I'm so glad you liked the thread, Rachel.
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:03 pm

I am a bit concerned about one of my other pigeons he is my fav one he is so special to me. He has had the least contact with the pigeon that died but i have just been in the garden to see him and he is acting a bit odd i dont think he has eaten much today, he is acting very quiet when he is normally a very cheeky pigeon he is sitting looking a bit sleepy and is fluffed up his poos are solid but are a dark green colour but the do have white (urine) in them. Is the green colour ok? I am so worried about loosing my others.
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Its probably nothing and just me worring but i just dont want any thing to happen to my baby he is extreamly special to me, i have lots of pets but he is different he is not like a pet to me he is like my sole mate he is everything to me i just have a strong bond if you understand lol sorry im just in love with him. I love him more than my boyfriend. Its just crazy lol
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Cammypigeon wrote:
I am a bit concerned about one of my other pigeons he is my fav one he is so special to me. He has had the least contact with the pigeon that died but i have just been in the garden to see him and he is acting a bit odd i dont think he has eaten much today, he is acting very quiet when he is normally a very cheeky pigeon he is sitting looking a bit sleepy and is fluffed up his poos are solid but are a dark green colour but the do have white (urine) in them. Is the green colour ok? I am so worried about loosing my others.

Yes I do understand how you feel. If he is fluffed please do bring him inside and put him on a heating pad, set no higher than the lowest setting. Inside you will be able to monitor his behavior. If need be, you can feed him by hand.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Cammypigeon wrote:

It does sound like this little one is feeling under the weather. Not feeling well
It would be best to bring him inside for better observation.

For now you might want to replace plain water with some rehydrating solution (To a cup of water add a pinch each of salt and sugar). This will help to boost his electrolytes.

One indication of dark green droppings would be that he isn't eating properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Cammypigeon wrote:

Its probably nothing and just me worring but i just dont want any thing to happen to my baby he is extreamly special to me, i have lots of pets but he is different he is not like a pet to me he is like my sole mate he is everything to me i just have a strong bond if you understand lol sorry im just in love with him. I love him more than my boyfriend. Its just crazy lol

If your gut instinct says something is amiss, it usually is. Wink
It's better to have worried (possibly needlessly) than not to have worried at all and let something go by.
Your worrying only proves that you are a true pigeon angel. Smile Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 am

Thats for all the advice i allways bring my pigeons in at night as soon as it gets dark and cools off as i would worry about them left outside lol.

Cammy seems alot better this morning last night i gave him his medication and put him to bed and he started eating some seed and looked alot brighter he was flirting away with his little plastic pigeon again. I will pop a pinch of salt and sugar in his water today and i am going to go and get some ostyer shell as i dont no if the pigeon grit contains it.

thanks again everyone x Happy

Pigeon illness - Page 2 23878
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:57 am

Hi Rachel,
I'm so glad to hear cammy is feeling better. YESS!!
Many thanks for the update. Pigeon illness - Page 2 142829

Please keep us posted on how things are coming along. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:15 am

That's great news.

I'd like to see a picture of him with his little plastic pigeon.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 am

Matilda wrote:
That's great news.

I'd like to see a picture of him with his little plastic pigeon.

:Yes:
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Cammy,

sorry I only just caught up with your post. I'm glad to read Cammy is looking brighter again.

I was so sorry to read about the pigeon you just lost, it must unnerve you when that happens but it's good that you're keeping an eye on things until you feel things have settled down again.

I can tell you love them very much and I'll look forward to hearing more about your birds, and like the others said, pictures are great.

Janet
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 am

Thanks janet.
Yes my other two look fine you can tell my female is missing her friend alot but at least they are both still ok at the moment.
It is heart breaking to loose my woody i havnt stoped thinking and crying about him its like loosing a child as to me my pigeons are my children, especially my cammy i adore him.

I am currently building a web site which is nearly done so will post the link on here once its finished there are loads of pics of my sweeties especially cammy as he always gets up to mischief as he is so cheeky.

Thanks again everyone

rachel x Happy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 am

Cammypigeon wrote:
Thanks janet.
Yes my other two look fine you can tell my female is missing her friend alot but at least they are both still ok at the moment.
It is heart breaking to loose my woody i havnt stoped thinking and crying about him its like loosing a child as to me my pigeons are my children, especially my cammy i adore him.

I am currently building a web site which is nearly done so will post the link on here once its finished there are loads of pics of my sweeties especially cammy as he always gets up to mischief as he is so cheeky.

Thanks again everyone

rachel x Happy

That will be great, Rachel. Looking forward to visiting your new site and seeing all your photos. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 am

I'm looking forward to your web site too.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Rachel...how are your birds feeling?
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:53 pm

hello i am in need of some help again my pigeon cammy seems to be getting thiner he is eating and drinking he has recently been treated for canker and is beng treated for worms at the moment what else could it be if its not worms ? I cant see any worms in his poo and his poo seems normal x
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:57 pm

It's not unusual for a bird to have worms and not be able to see them. Worm eggs or worms themselves, don't show up in every fecal sample so they can be difficult to diagnose.

Recently, I have had a chicken and a pigeon with tape worm. The tape worm had made them both very thin. I don't know what worming medication you have used but what is it and what worms does it treat.

Also, I don't know how long you treated for canker or what with, but canker may still be a possibility.
Coccidia is also a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:05 am

He was treated for canker with metronidazole which the vet said to give him for 7 days.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:32 am

I'm sorry Cammy seems to be having an issue with his weight, Rachel. Disappointed

Sending positive thoughts that whatever is causing the problem is soon discovered and things return to normal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:54 am

Have you ever wormed your birds? I'd also have him checked for coccidia.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:46 am

Cammypigeon wrote:
He was treated for canker with metronidazole which the vet said to give him for 7 days.

Just checking...what dose of metronidazole, were you instructed to give your birds?
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:49 am

0.5ml once a day

What wormer do you use?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:00 am

Do you know the concentration?
Let me get you a link for a wormer. You also need something for coccidia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon illness   Pigeon illness - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigeon illness
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next