Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Another sick feral

Go down 
+2
Matilda
jimc2000
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Another sick feral - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:06 pm

There's a lot of good info in that link.
I hope it helps you to figure out what's going on, Jim. Keeping fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:09 am

I gave her an appertex to treat for coccidia nd have started feeding her a mix of applesauce and formula from a syringe to keep her calories up. So far she seems to be holding that down OK. At Charis's suggestion, the plan is to wait and see how she is doing in the morning and go from there.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:03 am

jimc2000 wrote:
I gave her an appertex to treat for coccidia nd have started feeding her a mix of applesauce and formula from a syringe to keep her calories up. So far she seems to be holding that down OK. At Charis's suggestion, the plan is to wait and see how she is doing in the morning and go from there.

Thanks for the update, Jim.
I hope all went well during the night. Smile
Back to top Go down
jimc2000
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:06 am

She improved throughout the day Wednesday amd seemed fairly stable Thursday. Thursday night her droppings started getting the same strange bright green color that this bird has exhibited:

https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/feral-pigeons-and-doves-f3/baby-ferals-t1352-45.htm

(see the pictures posted on May 11)

Here are the droppings Wedneday night:

Another sick feral - Page 4 No7_wed_night

Thursday morning:

Another sick feral - Page 4 No7_thur_morn

and Thursday night:

Another sick feral - Page 4 No7_thur_night

So the appertex seemed to help over Wednesday night, and now something different is causing a problem. A little while ago, Charis had suggested that I start treating her with medistatin, assuming she had a yeast infection. Does that still seem to be a good plan?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:02 am

Jim...the color looks better but still her dropping are lacking in substance which makes me think she stll just isn't getting enough food. This still could be because of parasites.
Do you have a way to weigh her daily and record the weight here so we can monitor her?

I also think her natural, internal balance is out of wack. Keep up with the medistatin and hand feeding. Do you have a store nearby that sells health products such as whole foods?If so, they sell a liquid ascidofollis [sp] liquid that is refridgerated and would be a good thing to add to her formula. It will help restore good bacteria that has been killed along with the bad bacteria.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:33 am

Appreciate the update, Jim.
What a time you are having with those darn droppings. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:54 am

Just checking in to see how things are going, Jim.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Hope your patient is better, Jim.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Jim...I'm trying to keep all your flock members straight. Is this the pigeon that you had a culture done and it came back strep?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another sick feral   Another sick feral - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another sick feral
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4