Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

String Injury Video

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

String Injury Video Empty
PostSubject: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:21 pm

I just viewed this string video on Myraim's forum. It's very good video so I thought to share it here.

http://www.ambassadedespigeons.com/LAmbassade_des_Pigeons/film.html
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Good idea, Charis. String Injury Video 142829 Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I just watched the video. Great job
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks for the link. Charis!
At this time of the year, knowing what to do to help a string injury is very important, as they get tangled up more often at nest-building time. I saw two yesterday -- one I caught and freed (very recent, not tight, quick job) and the other was very cautious, but I'll keep trying.
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:15 am

great film
wish my French was better
hope i didn't miss a subtitle button
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:52 am

I don't think you did. Laughing

Last edited by Matilda on Sun May 02, 2010 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:15 am

At the moment my firefox is giving me a bit of an attitude Oh brother so I'm using IE which I don't really like 🇳🇴 .
However, in this particular link it does give me the option to translate. Smile Note upper right corner.
http://www.ambassadedespigeons.com/LAmbassade_des_Pigeons/film.html
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:51 am

This is the line undeneath the video...

to see the video full screen click on the cross to the left of "Vimeo"
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:02 am

Matilda wrote:
This is the line undeneath the video...

to see the video full screen click on the cross to the left of "Vimeo"

I thought you guys were talking about hearing the video in English. String Injury Video 106767
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:20 am

OH!
String Injury Video 310554
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks for sharing the video, I just watched it and found it quite interesting and educational. Good post Thank You
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:48 pm

I liked it a lot too. The old lady is a formidable advocate! Tickled Pink

In these circumstances, when you're likely to come across several string injuries, and the priority is to free as many as quickly as possible, the method shown in the video does work. But in normal circumstances, I'd much rather take the pigeon home, where he can have pain medication before the treatment and where I have much more sophisticated tools sterilised and ready to use. This also gives me the option to give him a course of antibiotics if needed, or a visit to the vet.
But of course, the conditions those ladies were faced with resembled a field hospital in war time.
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Yes, you are right Teresa, I totally agree with you! But, you know, in certain cases, when people don't have their own place and can't "afford" to take them home, it's better to take the strings off than nothing... Unfortunately, most pigeons are already so affected that they would need to be medicated not to die... Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Teresa wrote:
But of course, the conditions those ladies were faced with resembled a field hospital in war time.

Yes, you bet! String Injury Video 279675
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:55 pm

I agree And, you know, every time I see the damage that string injuries can do, I'm reminded that the world isn't as nice a place as I thought first thing in the morning... Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:40 am

Teresa wrote:
I agree And, you know, every time I see the damage that string injuries can do, I'm reminded that the world isn't as nice a place as I thought first thing in the morning... Disappointed

Yes, same here.... Very sad I totally understand what you're saying... I feel it a lot too around here, unfortunately.... Oh brother And also the sadness feeling of seing some animals in situations that I just wish I could take them and bring them home, and have to leave them alone because I don't have my own place yet... I just DON'T get it String Injury Video 284997 But you know, when I do, I'll take a little "revenge"! String Injury Video 395766 eheh
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:23 pm

We definitely need to win the Euromilhões... Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Teresa wrote:

Yes, that would be in hand! String Injury Video 395766 Happy To tell you the truth, I never bet on Euromilhões, it's really very rare, but I have the dream of wining something like that, and you can bet that one of the first things that I would do would be to buy a big, big property to be an animal rescue sanctuary, that's really one of my biggest dreams ever since I was a child, and I hope I can make it come true one day. Feeling great Meanwhile, I'll keep on helping all the angels that I can, who are out there needing help. Pigeon angel Universal hug
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Teresa wrote:

Is that like our lottery here in the states?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Rosa wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Yes, that would be in hand! String Injury Video 395766 Happy To tell you the truth, I never bet on Euromilhões, it's really very rare, but I have the dream of wining something like that, and you can bet that one of the first things that I would do would be to buy a big, big property to be an animal rescue sanctuary, that's really one of my biggest dreams ever since I was a child, and I hope I can make it come true one day. Feeling great

Meanwhile, I'll keep on helping all the angels that I can, who are out there needing help. Pigeon angel Universal hug

YOU rock LOTS, Rosa!!! Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Is that like our lottery here in the states?

Yes, it is, but it's Europe-wide, rather than national, as our lottery is.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Rosa wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Yes, that would be in hand! String Injury Video 395766 Happy To tell you the truth, I never bet on Euromilhões, it's really very rare, but I have the dream of wining something like that, and you can bet that one of the first things that I would do would be to buy a big, big property to be an animal rescue sanctuary, that's really one of my biggest dreams ever since I was a child, and I hope I can make it come true one day. Feeling great

Meanwhile, I'll keep on helping all the angels that I can, who are out there needing help. Pigeon angel Universal hug

YOU rock LOTS, Rosa!!! Pigeon angel

Doesn't she just?! Happy Pigeon angel Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: String Injury Video   String Injury Video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

String Injury Video
Page 1 of 1