Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

This is interesting...

Go down 
+2
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

This is interesting... Empty
PostSubject: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

read for yourself...Mike Tyson goes vegan...

I wonder if this will help over come his trouble with...PETA. This is interesting... 106767

http://www.globalshift.org/2010/05/mike-tyson-goes-vegan/
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Matilda wrote:

read for yourself...Mike Tyson goes vegan...

I wonder if this will help over come his trouble with...PETA
. This is interesting... 106767

http://www.globalshift.org/2010/05/mike-tyson-goes-vegan/

I don't know. I have NO idea Maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Angel
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:58 am

Now depends why he is doing it. Some people go vegan just for health reasons, nothing to do with love for animals.
My sister in law is vegeterian but still goes fishing just for the fun of it.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:30 am

I think Mike Tyson genuinely loves his pigeons, and deplore the fact that PETA are being so hard on him. After all, I don't see them going against the big racing clubs that advocate euthanasia of their 'surplus stock', and it seems unfair to single him out.

I left the following comment:

Teresa says:
May 13, 2010 at 5:24 am
Whether we like it or not, the public image of an animal depends a lot on its perceived ‘usefulness’.
When pigeons were war heroes nobody called them ‘rats with wings’, but at the moment public opinion is rather hostile to them. In some cases, all that stands between pigeons and wholesale euthanasia are the interests of the pigeon racing clubs.
I am well aware of the ugly face of racing, having rescued a number of injured, exhausted racers, one still recovering now. But I totally agree with Junk Food Jane that we should educate and encourage, rather than belittle, those who love pigeons, however misguided that love may be.
I respect PETA and the work they do, but I think that in this case they should be more compassionate and encouraging.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:08 am

Teresa wrote:
I think Mike Tyson genuinely loves his pigeons, and deplore the fact that PETA are being so hard on him. After all, I don't see them going against the big racing clubs that advocate euthanasia of their 'surplus stock', and it seems unfair to single him out.

I left the following comment:

Teresa says:
May 13, 2010 at 5:24 am
Whether we like it or not, the public image of an animal depends a lot on its perceived ‘usefulness’.
When pigeons were war heroes nobody called them ‘rats with wings’, but at the moment public opinion is rather hostile to them. In some cases, all that stands between pigeons and wholesale euthanasia are the interests of the pigeon racing clubs.
I am well aware of the ugly face of racing, having rescued a number of injured, exhausted racers, one still recovering now. But I totally agree with Junk Food Jane that we should educate and encourage, rather than belittle, those who love pigeons, however misguided that love may be.
I respect PETA and the work they do, but I think that in this case they should be more compassionate and encouraging

Way To Go
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
LovelyFlight
Special Pigeon Angel
LovelyFlight

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:15 pm

My brief encounter with my lovely Lucky has made me a vegan. Do you think pigeons are on a mission? Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.shinyhappycats.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:00 am

LovelyFlight wrote:
My brief encounter with my lovely Lucky has made me a vegan. Do you think pigeons are on a mission? Pigeon angel

Thank you for turning Vegan LovelyFlight Thank You
Bet our feathered friends are on a mission :)
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:38 am

LovelyFlight wrote:

I think Lucky was. Way To Go ... Celebrate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is interesting...
Page 1 of 1