Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pigeon Angel Leg bands

Go down 
+7
AZJourney
Jackie\'s Mom
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
Luna Wolf
Matilda
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Pigeon Angel Leg bands Empty
PostSubject: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Just checking. Would any of you be interested in Pigeon Angel leg bands for your birds?

I'd be interested in knowing, as I'm doing some checking to see if we can have leg bands made just for our forum so that if one of your birds was lost, or got out accidentally, the leg band would direct the finder to this site.

I think I've found a company in the UK that will make them. I'm not sure of the cost yet, I will need to call them and talk about what I have in mind.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:14 pm

I would. I had contacted someone who was supposed to make me some custom bands for them, but they never sent them.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Do you recall who it was? Were they here in the states? That would sure be easier.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:25 am

I would be interested too, but I would only need a small amount, as the PA bands would be for the permanent residents.
The ferals due for release would still have plain bands, I think, so they wouldn't be mistaken for birds that shouldn't be out in the open.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:37 am

I think that's a great idea, Charis. Pigeon Angel Leg bands 142829
Thank you for checking into this. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:52 am

Teresa wrote:
I would be interested too, but I would only need a small amount, as the PA bands would be for the permanent residents.
The ferals due for release would still have plain bands, I think, so they wouldn't be mistaken for birds that shouldn't be out in the open.

But wouldn't you like to know if one was found injured?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:54 am

We would definately be interested. Wonderful idea Charis. Happy

Would they be snap bands?

And our problem is we would need different sizes.

I would like our doves banded too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:58 am

Yes...they would be snap bands. The plan is to get them in assorted sizes.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:35 am

Matilda wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Yes, you're quite right!
The first thought that crossed my mind was that somebody might try to capture the release, perhaps injuring it in the process, out of curiosity or in the hope of a reward, but perhaps I'm being paranoid! Sorry
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:53 am

Matilda wrote:
Do you recall who it was? Were they here in the states? That would sure be easier.
No, sorry. I deleted their information after I waited a month and got no reply. I'll see if I can find someplace else though.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:06 am

If you can, that would be great and I will check with them too. No sense making yourself crazy over finding it though because I don't want you being crazy unless you are a Pigeon Angel Leg bands 514260
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:58 am

Teresa wrote:
Matilda wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Yes, you're quite right!

The first thought that crossed my mind was that somebody might try to capture the release, perhaps injuring it in the process, out of curiosity or in the hope of a reward, but perhaps I'm being paranoid! Sorry

That's quite a ligetimate thought, Teresa. I don't think you're being paranoid at all.
Sadly there are those who would do exactly that.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:48 pm

I would be definately interested as well.

Great Idea Charis Idea/thought

Louise
Pigeon Angel Leg bands 789920
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Pigeon Angel Leg bands 142829 me too.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Could that be fitted to a grown up/adult size pij ( 1year old)?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Tech wrote:
Could that be fitted to a grown up/adult size pij ( 1year old)?

That's the plan.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm

I think it's a nice idea, as if one got out somehow, or a release got injured, I would want to know. I kinda shy away from banding since I heard your story about Cutie Pie though. At the same time, I kinda like the idea..........................................
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Just a suggestion for those who do rescue. Kim (KIPPY) started to log each pigeon she received with a number, symptom(s), treatment and I think the date received and the date of release (for those who could be released).

She banded all her releasables.
When she released a bird she would write the correlating number from her log and her phone number on the band. In the event one came back, she could check the band against the log to identify the bird and also check to see if the original symptoms had recurred or if there were new symptoms.

There were actually quite a few that returned. Some did have problems and some she found had nothing wrong. I'm guessing those just enjoyed her hospitality. :That\\\'s so f

For her, the banding was very helpful. Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:13 pm

That's a really good idea.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Just a suggestion for those who do rescue. Kim (KIPPY) started to log each pigeon she received with a number, symptom(s), treatment and I think the date received and the date of release (for those who could be released).

When she released a bird she would write the correlating number from her log and her phone number on the band. In the event one came back, she could check the band against the log to identify the bird and also check to see if the original symptoms had recurred or if there were new symptoms.

There were actually quite a few that returned. Some did have problems and some she found had nothing wrong. I'm guessing those just enjoyed her hospitality. :That\\\'s so f

What kind of bands does she use?

Each animal that comes to us gets a file with its name, wieght, length, species, date of arrival
and any other important information. Each pigeon gets their photo attached too but it would be nice to be able to band them & be able to write our own numbers on the band.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:57 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

Each animal that comes to us gets a file with its name, wieght, length, species, date of arrival
and any other important information. Each pigeon gets their photo attached too but it would be nice to be able to band them & be able to write our own numbers on the band.

That is a good idea. Is that possible?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:25 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

Just the regular snap ons. Smile
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:39 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

The snap on bands I use don't give me enough room to write a number & my phone number on Hmmm

I wonder what kind of a marker or pen does she use that won't rub off.

I have used the colored bands for different birds, but the problem is that you have to buy a certain number of the same color so you can't use just one color per bird.
But this is just for my own record keeping, they don't have any information on them.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:54 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

The snap on bands I use don't give me enough room to write a number & my phone number on Hmmm

I wonder what kind of a marker or pen does she use that won't rub off.

I have used the colored bands for different birds, but the problem is that you have to buy a certain number of the same color so you can't use just one color per bird.
But this is just for my own record keeping, they don't have any information on them.

Next time I talk to her I'll ask her how she does it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:22 am

The purpose of Pigeon Angel bands would be to link a finder to this site, where we would have a list of numbers and who bought bands with those numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigeon Angel Leg bands
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next