Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pigeon Angel Leg bands

Go down 
+7
AZJourney
Jackie\'s Mom
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
Luna Wolf
Matilda
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

Matilda wrote:
The purpose of Pigeon Angel bands would be to link a finder to this site, where we would have a list of numbers and who bought bands with those numbers.

I understand that but since information on the pij n angels bands is still being gathered I was just wondering about an alternative to them. Happy

We are still very interested in the angels bands... I hope you didn't get the wrong idea Charis. Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:16 am

Matilda wrote:

The purpose of Pigeon Angel bands would be to link a finder to this site, where we would have a list of numbers and who bought bands with those numbers.

How were you planning on having the website put on the bands?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:41 am

Well...I need to talk to whatever company makes the bands about what would be the easiest, but maybe something like...Google Pigeon Angels.
I'm open to any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:50 am

Matilda wrote:
Well...I need to talk to whatever company makes the bands about what would be the easiest, but maybe something like...Google Pigeon Angels.
I'm open to any suggestions.

'Google Pigeon Angels' is a great start for suggestions. Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:59 pm

For non-English speaking countries, it might be easier to have the site's web address. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:07 pm

Teresa wrote:
For non-English speaking countries, it might be easier to have the site's web address. What do you think?

Certainly...if they can do that.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:54 am

So would the band not only have the site, I think this would be better if it can be done, on the band & then a number? And each number would be on file under each members name?

And would this information be on the forum so for easy access by the members? I would suggest that only an email or PM to each member be made available.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:09 am

All the details are yet to be worked out. The only place I can find that MAY be able to make them, is in England. Becuase of the time difference and previous daytime committment ,on my part, I haven't called them yet.[ It's easier for me to call and speak with them in person, rather than email. I tend to be more forgetful with email about what I want to say and so it's not comfortable for me.]
Anyway, my time is freeing up and I suspect I can make the call this week.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 am

Matilda wrote:
All the details are yet to be worked out. The only place I can find that MAY be able to make them, is in England. Becuase of the time difference and previous daytime committment ,on my part, I haven't called them yet.[ It's easier for me to call and speak with them in person, rather than email. I tend to be more forgetful with email about what I want to say and so it's not comfortable for me.]
Anyway, my time is freeing up and I suspect I can make the call this week.

I understand that this all takes time Smile And that you do have another life other than this forum! Laughing Laughing Laughing Although sometimes I wonder about you That's too funny That's too funny Laughing

I sometimes get ahead of myself... that could be why I get lost sooooo much! Embarassed That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:06 am

Well it does seem like an easy thing that shouldn't take a lot of time. The time difference is the wild card.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:43 am

Matilda wrote:
Well it does seem like an easy thing that shouldn't take a lot of time.
The time difference is the wild card.

Yep! :Yes:
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:57 pm

I was looking for leg bands for some chicks we might be getting and found these metal bands that can be customized. These bands can be opened & put on a pigeon, only problem each different sized band takes a different sized plyiers.

http://www.strombergschickens.com/products/bands_imprinted.php

I'm thinking about ordering some, once I get the extra money that is. Happy
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Those are perfect, Robin. Too bad one can't mix and match sizes.
I wish I had the funds to front an order but at this point, I don't either.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:17 pm

That's a great find, Robin. Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 142829

Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am

Hi everyone! Hi there/Bye

Just wondering if there's been any progress to the Pigeon Angels leg ring idea?

Here's a site (in the UK) that does customised rings: http://www.pigeons.co.uk/pigeon-leg-rings.html

It would be a good idea to have them but I only have 2 pigeons and I don't think they sell customised leg rings for so few pigeons (usually you have to buy in bulk, e.g. 50 rings in one go).
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Rev...there are no plans for Pigeon Angel bands at this time. I don't have the funds to sponsor the idea although, I think it would be great.

I have the name of the UK company that will personalized bands and just last week found out that Global Pigeon Supply, here in the US will do it too.
For US and Canadian members, here's a link...

http://www.globalpigeon.com/index.php?cPath=33
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Matilda wrote:
Rev...
there are no plans for Pigeon Angel bands at this time. I don't have the funds to sponsor the idea although, I think it would be great.

I have the name of the UK company that will personalized bands and just last week found out that Global Pigeon Supply, here in the US will do it too.
For US and Canadian members, here's a link...

http://www.globalpigeon.com/index.php?cPath=33

Were you ever able to get any quotes on how much they would be?

Perhaps we could do a 'fundraiser'.
With the previous calendars I have made and sold I've always donated a portion of the proceeds to avian wildlife resuce and rehabilitation.

Idea/thought I'm working on a 2012 'pigeon related' calendar right now and I would be happy to donate the proceeds (minus the materials to make the calendars) to the Pigeon Angels leg band fund. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 pm

The price is in the link at Global. I think it's $35. per hundred, per each size. Given pigeons come in so many sizes and it dangerous for bands to fit eather too tight or loose...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Matilda wrote:
The price is in the link at Global. I think it's $35. per hundred, per each size.

Given pigeons come in so many sizes and it dangerous for bands to fit eather too tight or loose...

For the most part, with a few exceptions of course, aren't most pigeon legs about the same size?
I know Kim has bought snap bands in 'bulk' and baned all her birds and any feral rescues she had prior to release and they all fit.
I belive they were all the same size bands.

Do they come in sm, med and large?

These bands might be a consideration. Leg bands
They can be ordered in quantities of 50, 100 and 500.

One line could be the Pigeon Angels address and the other line could be some kind of ID (perhaps just a number to start with) that correlates the pigeon with the owner.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Matilda wrote:
Rev...there are no plans for Pigeon Angel bands at this time. I don't have the funds to sponsor the idea although, I think it would be great.
Ok, thanks though. I simply remembered the idea when I saw a leg ring necklace and was considering making some earrings. ... Though I have no real inclination in arts n crafts, but I love the idea.
Then I started thinking about what would I do if Elmo or Georgie ever got out and lost. They don't have any rings at the moment. So I thought I should look into getting them some rings with my number on them - but so far I've only found bulk orders. £20 for 50 rings. I only have 2 pigeons!! Happy So maybe I'll make a necklace out of the spares. Happy
Ok, I'm waffling now. I should go to bed and start afresh tomorrow!
Good night everyone!
Ps. Cindy, a fundraiser sounds good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:41 pm

The bands need to be snap bands. The ones that can be ordered in smaller quantities are the kind one would put on a baby and need to be put one with in the first few days of life. They are non removable.
I'm thinking most would like bands for adult pigeons we already have.
Most pigeons are not the same size. The average Homing pigeon, for example is about 400 gms while a Roller 150-220 gms. ...feral pigeons come in all sizes like Louise's little feather foot, which is small Roller size ... my Ellie at 425 gms....Arthur at 625gms.
My little Cutie Pie, lost his leg because the band he had on was too big ...the band got caught on something and as he thrashed about, trying to free himself, he severed his leg.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Matilda wrote:

* The bands need to be snap bands.

The ones that can be ordered in smaller quantities are the kind one would put on a baby and need to be put one with in the first few days of life. They are non removable.

** I'm thinking most would like bands for adult pigeons we already have.

Most pigeons are not the same size. The average Homing pigeon, for example is about 400 gms while a Roller 150-220 gms. ...feral pigeons come in all sizes like Louise's little feather foot, which is small Roller size ... my Ellie at 425 gms....Arthur at 625gms.
My little Cutie Pie, lost his leg because the band he had on was too big ...the band got caught on something and as he thrashed about, trying to free himself, he severed his leg.

* Sorry . . .
I was thinking those were a type of snap on band. Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 310554

** I agree

Do you know if the place you posted the link to will engrave on snap on bands?

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Matilda wrote:

* The bands need to be snap bands.

The ones that can be ordered in smaller quantities are the kind one would put on a baby and need to be put one with in the first few days of life. They are non removable.

** I'm thinking most would like bands for adult pigeons we already have.

* Sorry . . .
I was thinking those were a type of snap on band. Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 310554

** I agree

Do you know if the place you posted the link to will engrave on snap on bands?

Well, they will customize with phone numbers. Would they do a web site? I don't know for sure but I would think it's a possibility.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:47 pm

I think we are going to order some for the pijjies here at the sanctuary when we find out our new phone number. It worries me that one will accidently escape. nutter
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

I think we are going to order some for the pijjies here at the sanctuary when we find out our new phone number. It worries me that one will accidently escape. nutter

That's a good idea, Robin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Angel Leg bands   Pigeon Angel Leg bands - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigeon Angel Leg bands
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next