Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL

Go down 
+5
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
Teresa
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Sweetie seems to be getting stronger each day, but there is still something not right about this bird. I have NO idea

She is now able to swallow a full 2cc's of formula and she is up to 25cc's per feeding. The weird swallowing and crop movements after feeding have completely disappeared. YESS!!

She will get her second Spartrix tablet on Wednesday, and then back to Dr. Hauck on either Thurs. or Fri. She is still on the Cipro .03 cc BID. Also, I am giving her 25mg Flagyl each day. I am almost confident that the canker has been completely resolved, but she still is not acting normal. She sits fluffed up all day in her cage. Does not attempt to preen herself and has made no attempt to fly. When out of her cage she still makes a B-Line back into her house every time I take her out. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 193770 I have never had a bird that prefers to be in a cage than have her freedom to roam around. Hopefully after seeing Dr. Hauck, I will get clearance to start giving her some seeds. I will then have to work on getting her to eat on her own. She has an ample supply of water in her cage, but has made no attempt to drink on her own.

I gave her an Appertex tablet yesterday as I am thinking there is a possibility of coccidia. She will receive another tablet 9 days from now. I am also considering worms to be an issue with her and will address that with Dr. Hauck on our next visit. When he examined her poop at last visit there was no evidence of any roundworms.....so we'll see if he want to treat her regardless.

Also, I neglected to ask Dr. Hauck an estimation of her age. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 310554 I was assuming she was a full grown bird, however in the last day or so she has started to become somewhat vocal. To my surprise.......she is croaking. Shock I think she is a baby....just out of the squeaker stage.

Poor Baby I love it/them ......I just hope I can get her back to being a normal pijjie.

Louise
SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Louise...you will get her back to being a normal pijje. I just know it.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm

I agree. I think you'll have her feeling well soon. She's lucky you got her. I hope she continues to improve.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Your updates are great, Louise.
You explain everything so well. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 142829

I'm glad to hear your little rescue is doing better.
Sending our positive thoughts that she will soon be 100%.
Being in your care, I have no doubt that will happen. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:47 am

Great improvements cheers
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:22 pm

I hear ya, Louise, it's so worrying to look after very weakened birds! Every time that we don't see progress we start to fear that they may be getting worse. But with your help and Dr. Hauck's, Sweetie will be able to recover, but it's bound to take a little time.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Sweetie has continued to improve. She has finished all her different courses of medications and has gained considerable weight. She is eating and drinking well on her own. Great job

She is going to see Dr. Hauck on Tuesday so I will be able to get a correct new weight and hopefully a clean "bill of health" for her.

She is now able to fly pigeon 1 but is very reluctant. This is one strange pidg........she still loves her cage........Her door is open, but I have to force her to come out and then she runs or flys right back in. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 193770 I've tried locking her out and she gets frantic trying to get back in.......... I have NO idea

I am going to start bringing her little house outside on the patio table when I feed the ferals.
Maybe if she sees her flock, she might find some desire to leave the cage. I can not think of releasing her until I am sure her flying ability is back to normal Question

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 pm

We so appreciate the update on Sweetie, Louise.
I'm so glad she's doing so well. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 142829

You've done a wonderful job with her. YOU rock LOTS!!

Will be thinking positive thoughts that she does get a clean bill of health from Dr. Hauck.

I think it's a good idea to begin introducing her to the flock, via her cage so she can see what's going on and all the while remain safe.

Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:39 pm

I too think putting her outside to see the flock is a great idea. It sounds as though she is doing well, Wonder why she doesn't fly? Let us know how it goes at the vet.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:06 am

I put Sweetie outside in her cage thismoring while I fed the ferals. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 23878

She definately reacted. She started jumping up and down Jumpin for joy on her dishes and showed real interest in wanting to get out.

Now if I can get her interested in coming out in the house and start practicing her flying skills we will be on the road to release as soon as I get the word from Dr. Hauck.

Louise
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 am

Sounds good. She probably liked being outside.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks for the update, Louise! It's great that Sweetie has continued to improve and that she showed interest in the flock -- hope that works!
The timing of this news is really funny, because just today I moved George (the large homer recovering from a soft-tissue injury to his wing) to the veranda, now the weather has settled. I'm hoping that the wider view and the sight of the feral flock will make him get over his incredible shyness and unwillingness to get out of the cage -- even this morning, exercising with the girls, he always stayed in the corner of the room. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Terror
At the moment, he's looking very alert, curious and a bit worried...
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:10 am

I hope you can get her out soon.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 am

Appreciate the update, Louise. Smile
I'm glad Sweetie had a good time on her outing. YESS!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:35 pm

How's Sweetie doing, Louise? pigeon 1 Is she flying well already?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Yes. Can you update us? How's everything going?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for asking.

Sweetie was released back into my feral flock 4 days ago. pigeon 1 She seemed to be in perfect health, had been treated for just about everything and had gained sufficient flying skills. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 142829

She had been showing signs of really wanting to join the flock. I would place her outside in her cage in the morning and she would franticaly try to get out of the cage.....so it was time. She seemed a little reluctant when I first let her out, but within a minute she flew right up to the roof.

She is now banded and I have seen her the last three days feeding with the rest of the feral flock both morning and night.

Iam so thankful that I was able to save her. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 395766 She was really one sick little bird when I found her.

Louise

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Way To Go ...You gave her life back to her. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:23 pm

I am so glad all went well with Sweetie's release, Louise.
Bless you for all you did for her. Pigeon angel

Way To Go little Sweetie, on your recovery. YESS!!

Last edited by Fancyfeathers on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Good job Louise! Hope she does well from here on in. Lucky for her that you were there and noticed. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 116281
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:03 am

That's just the best of news, Louise! Happy Dance Circle of Love Way To Go
Thank you for the update, I love happy endings!
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: UPDATE ON SWEETIE   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Sweetie SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 983488 I love it/them SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 983488 is doing quite well. I was a little concerned about releasing her in the extreme heat we are experiencing, but it seems she is doing well. YESS!!

The majority of my feral flock are blue bars and I'm constantly looking at feet searching for her band. Tonight I was able to get a photo of her up on the edge of the roof. She was such a sick little bird, I am so happy she has her life back with her flock Happy Dance Thrilled Happy Dance

Louise

I'll ask Charis to post the picture for me.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:40 pm

That's wonderful, Louise. I'm happy to post a picture for you. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 395766
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks for the update Louise. I'm glad to here that she is doing well. Makes you feel good when you see them and know that they are okay.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:51 pm

SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 009bac10

Here she is...up on the roof... Hmmm isn't there a song like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next