Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

A Surprise from Frank and Daisy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

A Surprise from Frank and Daisy Empty
PostSubject: A Surprise from Frank and Daisy   A Surprise from Frank and Daisy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 am

Frank is a long time member of our family. The short version of a very long story is that Chuck picked up Frank and Jesse in Denver back in Dec of 2002.

They were found near a barn on a gal's property with nearly identical wing injuries.

They were residents of our aviary up until a year ago when Frank became a tyrant towards the others sharing the aviary. I did everything I could think of to correct the problem, to no avail.

Chuck and I decided perhaps that was his way of telling us he had had enough of this 'confined' lifestyle.

Although Frank's wing drooped (and still does) terribly he could (and can) still fly. We released them to the backyard flock. He had been so abusive to Jesse that she found another mate. Frank took up residency in a hanging basket on our patio.

Although the decision to release them was hard, neither Chuck nor I regret doing so. It just seemed so unfair to keep them confined when it was clear they didn't want to be.

Not long after that, I noticed a pretty little pij sitting in the basket. It was Frank's new mate.
We decided to enclose the patio so had to them somewhere close, but safe from the elements and predators.

We fixed up a nice little cozy place right outside the patio where I could keep an eye on them. I hung Frank's favorite basket right by their new home. It didn't take them long to discover it.

I had been replacing eggs on a regular basis.
The other day I went to fill their seed dish and I heard that familiar sound. I thought "NO, you guys didn't". Yes they did.

I had replaced the eggs as in the past, only this time Daisy decided to lay two more immediately. Sooo . . .
We now have two adorable babies.

The other day I just had to clean their house. It was getting pretty nasty up there. Before doing so I put the babies in the basket so I could keep an eye on them. And of course I took that opportunity to get a 'first' photo of them. :YAHOO:

Here's a photo of Frank (L) and Daisy

A Surprise from Frank and Daisy 2009-021

Their cozy little home

A Surprise from Frank and Daisy 2009-019

And the babies

A Surprise from Frank and Daisy 2009-020
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: A Surprise from Frank and Daisy   A Surprise from Frank and Daisy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:19 am

Oh...that's a perfect spot for them ... I can see why they would want to call it home...the babies are ust at that cute stage.
Love the pictures. Circle of Love

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: A Surprise from Frank and Daisy   A Surprise from Frank and Daisy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:37 am

I believe the baby on the left is going to be a blue bar, like papa. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: A Surprise from Frank and Daisy   A Surprise from Frank and Daisy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 am

That is lovely, Cindy. I had been wondering what had happened to Frank and Jessie. It is great that Frank is able to remain at home and have his freedom too.

Is Jessie still around?

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: A Surprise from Frank and Daisy   A Surprise from Frank and Daisy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:41 am

Cynthia wrote:
That is lovely, Cindy.
I had been wondering what had happened to Frank and Jessie.

* It is great that Frank is able to remain at home and have his freedom too.

** Is Jesse still around?

Cynthia
* He seems perfectly content to either sit in his basket, or wander about the yard and on occasion hangs out on the roof.
He doesn't seem to have any desire to circle the house with the rest of the flock.

I did, however, spot him on the street lamp post the other morning. Serious EEK!!
He sure flew down in a hurry when he saw me. LOL

** I've seen her a couple times, accompanied with a mate, since their release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Surprise from Frank and Daisy   A Surprise from Frank and Daisy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Surprise from Frank and Daisy
Page 1 of 1