Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

SO CUTE!!

Go down 
+2
EgypSwiftLady
zomg fishies
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:06 pm

2 days ago i prayed to god that i would find the forever male for muffins, and WAH-LAH! next day my friend calls me up to say he found a baby bird. i was like i hope its a pijji! but of course it was a robin, which i thought was ironic yet somewhat funny (maybe i should be more specific in my prayers) well anyways i got the bird home and safe but realized it was a fledgling and probably supost to be out on the ground which made me feel bad, but later i found out it had "gape?" worms or something and it could barely breath, so YAY for taking it in. i hydrated and fed it but it got to the point where it could no longer swallow solids so i called every rehabber within 30 miles. and of course... ALL FULL. so basicaly i had all these people saying "oh no we cant take it in but its illegal to have so you need to get it to a rehabber dont try to help it youll kill it" no one would tell me what i should do in the mean while its sitting there suffering. finaly i found a girl who actually asked about the bird and told me what to do (shes the one who told me what was wrong with it) so after she got out of work i went down to her house with my dad and dropped it off. we talked a little about my pigeons and she told me about a baby fancy pigeon that was rescued under a bridge 2 weeks previous. my thought was "where did a little baby fancy come from around here??" she looked kind of sad and said they couldnt find a home for it and so it would have to be put down soon, which was my que to say ILL TAKE IT! its the prettiest darn pigeon ive ever seen! all white with black blots and speckles here and there, pure white wings with a solid black tail, even has a black blotch on her beak! hes a lil fiesty but you know how teens are! i believe this all happened because of god, i mean look at how it all connected! muffins is a little mean to other pigeons, if they come too close she pecks at them but so lightly! she thinks shes all that though because those light pecks scare the bejesus out of jackie. but when Foofie (my new pij) flew up next to muffs and she pecked, the baby just sat there like "eh? whats up?" later i saw them sitting together (kind of) could this be the start of a good friendship?? if its a male ill jump for joy Jumpin for joy
well heres the pictures. btw does anyone know how to best domesticate a pij? shes scared of me but i want her to be able to let me carry her and stuff like muffins (makes it soo much easier to put away at night) SO CUTE!! 02210
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 pm

SO CUTE!! 02510
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 pm

SO CUTE!! 02810
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm

btw the baby kept bowing his head a little would do a little squeak and kind of a little move its wings. does it see muffins as a mommy?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Yep, that is a feeding response from the baby. Sure is a cutie!

I don't want to rain on yours & Muffins parade but you really should quarentine the baby pigeon, no contact with Muffin, for a minimum of 30 days and have your vet do a fecal for it.

You wouldn't want Muffin to get sick if this little one did have something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 pm

there is no vet around for my pigeons :/ best luck with having found a vet would be 45 minutes away and the guy knows like nothing about pigeons, hes seen one come in before and its 75$ for a fecal check. im 16 and well.. i dont have money. i know i should quarantine but dont know where to keep the baby. im limited to my room and 1 cage in it. but if it helps the baby is very healthy acting has great poops preens alot and peeps. only thing off is that hes a little skinny, but that might be because hes still gaining from his rescue. what should i do then?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:47 pm

The baby is adorable. I have a feeling it's a boy although I could be wrong.
Do you know if the rehabber treated him for anything while in her care?
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:59 am

i think i figured out why hes skinny! i figure that when they caught him they said "he has all his feathers he can eat" and threw seeds in a bowl for him. he probably taught himself and hes realllly bad at it. he drops 75% of what he picks up. but thatll change after he watches muffins and jackie eat for a while. (btw i did catch jackie and i keep her in the coup because of the fact she would sleep all day on top of the coup above muffins and i was afraid a hawk would get her)
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 am

The baby is a beauty, Ann Marie. Smile

I have to agree with Robin, the baby really should be isolated, if at all possible.
An upside down laundry basket would even suffice as a temporary home.

Please do keep us posted on how things are coming along.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 8:45 am

zomg fishies wrote:
there is no vet around for my pigeons :/ best luck with having found a vet would be 45 minutes away and the guy knows like nothing about pigeons, hes seen one come in before and its 75$ for a fecal check. im 16 and well.. i dont have money. i know i should quarantine but dont know where to keep the baby. im limited to my room and 1 cage in it. but if it helps the baby is very healthy acting has great poops preens alot and peeps. only thing off is that hes a little skinny, but that might be because hes still gaining from his rescue. what should i do then?

I know good avain vets are hard to find, I'm still searching for one. I understand about limited funds too SO CUTE!! 395766 we are always running on a very tight budget around here.

I am assuming your new pijjie has its own cage, so could you move her cage to a garage or out building where you could quarentine her/him?

Sorry I keep harping about isolating her/him but I've seen too many avain collections become very sick because of one not quarentining a new bird.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:08 am

The baby was separate form other birds while at the rehabber and kept in a small kennel . I talked to Anne last night and the bird is sharing a cage with Muffin but they are divided and so they aren't sharing food or water. Anne is treating for canker, will treat for coccidia today, which will be repeated in 10 days and worm him in a few days.

I have tried to help Anne find a vet in her area for the last year and I have not been successful. A few weeks ago, she was excited because she thought she had finally found one and took Muffin to the doctor. If I remember correctly, he loked at Muffin and said she looks OK and that it didn't look like there was anything wrong with her. He didn't even look at her poop. ...very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks for the update Charis, you & Ann have it under control Smile

I know exactly how she feels about finding a vet who knows what they are doing! Its like beating your head againist a wall! I just DON'T get it That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:03 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

Thanks for the update Charis, you & Ann have it under control Smile

Yep, looks like it!! Thrilled

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:25 am

Congratulations on the new arrival, Anne Marie, he sure is a cutie! Hope it works for him and Muffin.
See, just when you thought your prayers hadn't been answered properly, it turns out that following that path led you to your goal! Tickled Pink Isn't life wonderful and surprising sometimes?

Love your skyscape mural, by the way! I love it/them Did you paint it?
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:46 pm

my mom painted it Smile and thank you guys i really hope this IS a male and that it all goes well. cheers
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm

How is So Cute doing?
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:42 pm

SO CUTE!! 116281 SO CUTE!! 116281 SO CUTE!! 116281 They are both so cute. I love it/them I love it/them Tickled Pink Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:28 pm

His names Foofie (sounds like an exagerated way of saying fluffy) hes doing good except when i gave him the pill for coccidia it was way in the back of his throat and so i thought he swallowed i watched him then he spit it out 2 minutes later, but he did it in such a way i couldnt tell if he actually spit it out or not i couldnt find it so now im worried about if he got it or not. im worried about muffins... still... her poops are turning green again but theyve never really been good colored, they turn green off and on. the babies poops are still perfect brown and white. im treating muffins for canker -again- and im starting to think the meds havent been working for her. shes acting the same if not a little happier since Foofie arived and i dont see anything out of place. ARRRG I WISH I HAD AN AVAIN VET WHO WORKS WITH PIGEONS! Seeing red/mad Having a bad day
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:34 pm

zomg fishies wrote:
His names Foofie (sounds like an exagerated way of saying fluffy) hes doing good except when i gave him the pill for coccidia it was way in the back of his throat and so i thought he swallowed i watched him then he spit it out 2 minutes later, but he did it in such a way i couldnt tell if he actually spit it out or not i couldnt find it so now im worried about if he got it or not. im worried about muffins... still... her poops are turning green again but theyve never really been good colored, they turn green off and on. the babies poops are still perfect brown and white. im treating muffins for canker -again- and im starting to think the meds havent been working for her. shes acting the same if not a little happier since Foofie arived and i dont see anything out of place.

ARRRG I WISH I HAD AN AVAIN VET WHO WORKS WITH PIGEONS! Seeing red/mad Having a bad day

Ann Marie,
You don't have to seek out an avian vet specifically. A general vet who has knowledge of and feels comfortable working with (treating) pigeons usually will suffice. Smile
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:01 pm

ive tried that too, the only one i found like that was pretty clueless about muffins.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm

You know Anne...you might give that woman a call that wanted some hens and see if she knows of a vet.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:15 pm

zomg fishies wrote:

ive tried that too, the only one i found like that was pretty clueless about muffins.

That's too bad. Disappointed
I hope you are successful in finding a vet who is capable of helping you. SO CUTE!! 395766
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:23 pm

i called her, she didnt pick up. unfortunately i havent been able to get ahold of her for some time. i left her a text about releasing Jackie she never got back to me. if you ever get ahold of her Charis, do you think you could ask her to contact me?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 pm

How about if I find her email for you? I'll see if I can find it and send it to you.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 pm

zomg fishies wrote:
His names Foofie (sounds like an exagerated way of saying fluffy) hes doing good except when i gave him the pill for coccidia it was way in the back of his throat and so i thought he swallowed i watched him then he spit it out 2 minutes later, but he did it in such a way i couldnt tell if he actually spit it out or not i couldnt find it so now im worried about if he got it or not. im worried about muffins... still... her poops are turning green again but theyve never really been good colored, they turn green off and on. the babies poops are still perfect brown and white. im treating muffins for canker -again- and im starting to think the meds havent been working for her. shes acting the same if not a little happier since Foofie arived and i dont see anything out of place. ARRRG I WISH I HAD AN AVAIN VET WHO WORKS WITH PIGEONS! Seeing red/mad Having a bad day

There's a trick that usually works with mine: thawing a grain of frozen corn, squeezing the warm water out of it, and putting the pill inside. That's easier to give to the pigeon, as it slides down nicely, and there's no question whether it's been swallowed or not. Also, if the pill tastes bad, they don't get the bad taste. Covering a pill in a little bit of soft bread and rolling it into a pea-sized ball also works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SO CUTE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO CUTE!!   SO CUTE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SO CUTE!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next