Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

New Kid in the Flock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

New Kid in the Flock Empty
PostSubject: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:18 am

I spotted this pretty little pij yesterday while I was out visiting the flock.
I was able to get a couple pictures of him before he took off.

After looking at the photos on the computer his eyes have me a bit concerned that he might not be feeling well. They just don't seem have a healthy 'sparkle' to them. And in the second photo he's just standing there with his eye closed.

It may just be me. I have NO idea I hope he returns. New Kid in the Flock 395766

New Kid in the Flock 2010-021

New Kid in the Flock 2010-022

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:31 am

Very pretty and I agree with you that the bird doesn't look quite right. I hope you have the opportunity to help.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:46 am

We'll see if he returns.
I had never seen him before.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 am

Cindy - I totally agree with you. He looks depressed and very tired. Hope you can observe him further and catch him if neccessary.

Today we cycled past a flower shop and we heard some unusual bird voices. When I looked nearer I realized that they had a big cage besides the entry with some lovely canaries in there. I stood there for a while to watch them and I realized that one of the birds had a drooping wing, looked quite sad and was pecked at by some of the others. His plumage looked uncared for and I was sure he was sick. So I went into the shop and asked who was taking care for the birds. A woman came and I asked her whether she had realized that one of the birds was sick, had a lame wing and ruffled feathers and was pecked at. Oh yes, she said, he is already quite old. I probably said in a bit too harsh voice that she should do something about it (I have to learn to be more diplomatic I suppose) and she said she would. But I actually am not quite sure. Seeing red/mad
In a few days I will check the birds again and if there is still that poor little creature I will remind her in a "nice manner".

Some people are just so ignorant. I could beat them all up Seeing red/mad YUK
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 am

I agree Cindy New Kid in the Flock 395766 The bird just doesn't look right.

When they stand alone like that, especially with their eyes closed it is usually a good indicator that the bird is ailing. Not feeling well

I hope he returns and that you are able to help him.

Louise
New Kid in the Flock 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 am

I went in to get some seeds for the flock and when I returned he was flying off. I thought maybe he had gone to the roof to check things out before coming back down to eat, as some newcomers will, but that wasn't the case. He just flew off.

I have been checking this morning and I have yet to see him. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
Cindy - I totally agree with you. He looks depressed and very tired. Hope you can observe him further and catch him if neccessary.

Today we cycled past a flower shop and we heard some unusual bird voices. When I looked nearer I realized that they had a big cage besides the entry with some lovely canaries in there. I stood there for a while to watch them and I realized that one of the birds had a drooping wing, looked quite sad and was pecked at by some of the others. His plumage looked uncared for and I was sure he was sick. So I went into the shop and asked who was taking care for the birds. A woman came and I asked her whether she had realized that one of the birds was sick, had a lame wing and ruffled feathers and was pecked at. Oh yes, she said, he is already quite old. I probably said in a bit too harsh voice that she should do something about it (I have to learn to be more diplomatic I suppose) and she said she would. But I actually am not quite sure. Seeing red/mad
In a few days I will check the birds again and if there is still that poor little creature I will remind her in a "nice manner".

Some people are just so ignorant. I could beat them all up Seeing red/mad YUK

I hear ya, Petra. Very sad
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:23 pm

The fact that the pigeon was not a regular visitor may be the clue. With the temperatures you've been having, birds who stray further away could get dehydrated quite quickly. Maybe he just needed a meal and a drink before finding his way back home. I hope he's alright, or if he isn't I hope he comes back to you.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Teresa wrote:

* The fact that the pigeon was not a regular visitor may be the clue. With the temperatures you've been having, birds who stray further away could get dehydrated quite quickly.

** Maybe he just needed a meal and a drink before finding his way back home.

*** I hope he's alright, or if he isn't I hope he comes back to you.

* I agree

** I didn't see him at the water dish, but I hope you're right and he was able to get a good drink and did find some left over seeds.

*** Yeah! I do hope he's OK. One thing's for sure, he will be easy to spot if he does return. New Kid in the Flock 142829

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Teresa wrote:
The fact that the pigeon was not a regular visitor may be the clue. With the temperatures you've been having, birds who stray further away could get dehydrated quite quickly.

Maybe he just needed a meal and a drink before finding his way back home.

We have actually had a few who have just stopped by for a drink and a bite to eat before moving on. Smile

Here are a couple that I got pictures of.

For some unknown reason I resized this one so it looks kind of grainy. Disappointed
New Kid in the Flock 04-23-14

New Kid in the Flock 04-04-10 New Kid in the Flock 04-04-12

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 pm

The little guy never did come back.
I just hope he is OK. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 pm

I hope so too. New Kid in the Flock 395766

Lovely visiting homers you got there! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Kid in the Flock   New Kid in the Flock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Kid in the Flock
Page 1 of 1