Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

In praise of the unknown angels

Go down 
+2
Matilda
Teresa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

In praise of the unknown angels Empty
PostSubject: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm

There are some people out there doing wonderful acts of kindness to animals, that never get recognition. I heard a heart-warming account today, which I would like to share with you.

A friend of mine went to Coimbra (our district capital) for the day with her family. At the restaurant, while two of the party went to wash their hands, two pigeons swooped down and tried to eat out of their plates. That's too funny My friend had to keep them off the food. Then her mother returned, looked at the pigeon, and grabbed it. He was string-bound, and they removed all the string before letting him go.
The waiter giggled in cumplicity, and said that string injuries were very common around there, and the vending ladies at the nearby market were always removing strings from pigeons.

God bless those ladies, and all the others who are kind and gentle to all creatures and crave no recognition or thanks. That's my definition of nobility!
cheers Thank You In praise of the unknown angels 23878 Thank You Thrilled

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Teresa...that's a wonderful story. I love it. In praise of the unknown angels 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story, Teresa. Circle of Love
Yes indeed!! God bless those ladies and every other Pigeon angel that we never hear about.

Whoever and wherever you are . . . YOU rock LOTS!!
In praise of the unknown angels 23878

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 pm

how lovely
Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Another anonymous angel:

A young driver stopped his car in the middle of the road near the park, much to the impatience of the others behind him. The reason... there were two pigeons crossing the street, taking their time! Then one of them decided to forage around right there!! Serious EEK!!

The driver was laughing, shrugging his shoulders and looking at the pigeons, and only took off after they moved on.
God bless that young man and always keep him safe on the road!
I wish there were more drivers like him! Star quality Way To Go Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Thank you for sharing this story, Teresa. Circle of Love

I, too, wish there were more drivers like him.
Perhaps there are. And if so, hopefully some day we will come across them. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:33 am

Those are nice stories.
One day while driving along in my job, I came up to a construction area where they were doing work on the roadway on which I was traveling. What looked like the guy in charge had stopped all the cars from traveling in either direction, which was really not all that uncommon when a crew was doing road repairs. What was uncommon however, was the amount of time that they had us stopped there, waiting to be let go. I have a schedule to keep, and I was getting a bit annoyed at sitting there for so long. There were several cars in front of me, and I couldn't see what the hold up was. The man stood there in the middle of the road, refusing to let anyone go, and people were getting annoyed, when finally, the reason for the hold up became clear. As we all sat there in our cars, something finally came into view. Walking down the center of the road, and apparently in no particular hurry, appeared a Momma duck, with a long line of ducklings close behind. The road crew stood there smiling, as the little group marched along down the road, and finally crossed it and reached the sidewalk, where they could now continue on safely. Most of the people in the cars started smiling and laughing by this time, and waved to the road crew and gave them a thumbs up as they passed them, now allowed to go on their way. I just thought it was great to see these big burly men, standing in the road with big smiles on their faces, protecting this adorable family of ducks, as they crossed this major roadway safely. You just never know. I was then actually glad that I had happened along just at that time, because I wouldn't have wanted to have missed the site. All of a sudden it didn't really matter that I would be late for my next patient. It was well worth it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:30 am

What a wonderful 'anonymous angel' story to add to the collection, Jay. And one that puts a little tear in the eyes. In praise of the unknown angels 983488 In praise of the unknown angels 983488

Thanks for sharing it with us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Angel
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Wonderful stories. Thanks for sharing.
There are indeed some good people out there.

Reti
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh, I can just picture the mamma duck and the ducklings and the big burly men watching out for their safety... I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

Thank you so much for sharing this story, Jay! Happy Feeling great Thank You
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In praise of the unknown angels   In praise of the unknown angels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In praise of the unknown angels
Page 1 of 1