Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Mosquito control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

Mosquito control Empty
PostSubject: Mosquito control   Mosquito control Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:53 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep mosquitoes away from the birds in a loft? I don't like the idea of my birds getting eaten up with summer coming. I thought to hang mosquito netting at the door. I've also seen these things that have a pesticide in them that you hang up for sale in pigeon supply places. Are they effective? Safe? Any other ideas? Hmmm
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Mosquito control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosquito control   Mosquito control Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:01 pm

The netting sounds good, Jen.
I don't know anything about the things with the pesticide in them. I would guess if they sell them at the pigeon supply house, they would at least be pigeon friendly.

I wish I could be more helpful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Mosquito control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosquito control   Mosquito control Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:34 am

Jen, In addition to the netting, it would be worth your while to vaccinate all the birds for pox.

The vaccine is inexpensive and easy to do. It requires pulling a few feathers and putting the vaccine

on that spot.
I will be vaccinating all the birds I have taken to Landy.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Mosquito control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosquito control   Mosquito control Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:29 am

I just saw this thread. I know what you mean about the mosquitos. I was going to vaccinate, but didn't this year, and I was considering putting mosquito netting around the aviery, as on the many dank and rainy days we've had this year, mosquitos are always around more. On those days, I just put a screen in the window to the aviery to keep the birds in the loft, and the mosquitos out. But it would be better if they could go outside on these days. Next year, I'll have to vaccinate.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Mosquito control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosquito control   Mosquito control Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 am

The hanging things that have pestiside in them can only be used in well ventilated areas. I hung one once in the garage, where my birds are kept, and the smell was too much for me and so I took it down.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Mosquito control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosquito control   Mosquito control Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 am

I don't see mosquitos around here, which is very surprising as we live right on a lake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

Mosquito control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosquito control   Mosquito control Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mosquito control
Page 1 of 1