Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Baby canary close to death

Go down 
+6
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
EgypSwiftLady
Teresa
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:44 pm

I can only imagine how concerned and worried you are.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. Circle of Love

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Thank you, Cindy and Louise! Thank You
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Teresa wrote:
Thank you, Cindy and Louise! Thank You

Baby canary close to death - Page 4 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 am

I've lost him. Very sad Very sad Very sad

At his last feed late last night he didn't seem interested in his food, and only had 1 ml. I checked the heating pad was at the right temperature and let him rest till morning.
But first thing this morning he didn't greet me as usual. He was very quiet, breathing slowly, closing his eyes often. There was still a little food in his crop. I gave him some warm electrolytes and a drop of Bactrim (TMS) and massaged his crop, hoping to keep him going until the vet's opened. But he was very unresponsive and only managed to sip a few drops. A few minutes later he opened his eyes, took a deeper breath and then snuggled into my hand and closed his eyes again for the last time.
It's unbelievably sad.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts, and for all the advice and encouragement. We'll just have to believe he's flying high now, free of the cares of this world.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 am

Oh Teresa Very sad my heart goes out to you Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 Poor little Xi-Ri after all his struggle to live. Very sad

You did everything possible to save this little one Baby canary close to death - Page 4 395766 Even though his life was destined to be short I'm sure you learned so much from him.

pigeon 1 Rest in Peace Xi-Ri Baby canary close to death - Page 4 35455
May God hold you in the palm of his hand,
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:19 am

I am so, so very sorry, Teresa. Very sad Very sad Very sad Very sad
Chuck had to rush over to the lab but the last thing he asked me before he left was if I had heard how Xi-ri was doing. I told him no.
And I know the first thing he is going to ask me when he returns is have I heard anything yet.
He, as well as all of us, fell so in love with the little darling. Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488

Bless your heart for doing everything possible. Pigeon angel Universal hug

pigeon 1 Bless you sweet Xi-ri. May you forever fly high and fly free. Baby canary close to death - Page 4 35455
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 am

Teresa...words can't express how sorry I am.
Very sad
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:19 am

Thank you so much for your kind words. Group hug

I'm so sorry that Chuck will have bad news to come home to Disappointed but it may help that he passed away very peacefully -- and there's Arislan, he's fighting for his right to live, and I hope with all my heart he'll make it.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 am

Oh Teresa, I am so very, very sorry.

This little one touched our hearts so deeply Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488

Bless you Pigeon angel for all you did to try to save him. Universal hug

pigeon 1 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 FLY FOREVER FREE AND HIGH XI-RI Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 35455

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Teresa wrote:
Thank you so much for your kind words. Group hug

I'm so sorry that Chuck will have bad news to come home to Disappointed but it may help that he passed away very peacefully -- and there's Arislan, he's fighting for his right to live, and I hope with all my heart he'll make it.

Chuck is very sorry to hear about Xi-ri. Very sad
You're exactly right, knowing he passed away peacefully is a blessing.

Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Angel_14
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm

I am very sorry Teresa. Baby canary close to death - Page 4 319297 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 319297 Baby canary close to death - Page 4 319297
You did all your best. Xi-ri is finally rested now.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Thank you so much. Thanks Group hug
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 am

Xi-ri's father passed away during the night. Yesterday morning my sister-in-law phoned to say he was 'very fat' (= fluffed-up) and I asked her to take him to my vet's asap. She didn't. Isn't it crazy that those who have money and transport are the ones who can't be bothered to lift a finger? Seeing red/mad
She did promise, however, to take the hen to the vet's and get her checked up.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:21 am

Teresa wrote:
Xi-ri's father passed away during the night. Yesterday morning my sister-in-law phoned to say he was 'very fat' (= fluffed-up) and I asked her to take him to my vet's asap. She didn't. Isn't it crazy that those who have money and transport are the ones who can't be bothered to lift a finger? Seeing red/mad
She did promise, however, to take the hen to the vet's and get her checked up.

I'm so sorry to read this Teresa Very sad I just hope that your sister does do right & take the hen to the vet.

I know many people like your sister, they don't think twice about spending $$$$ on themselves BUT if one of their pets need vet care they just don't want to part with their $$$$.
But on the other hand I also know some with lots of $$$$ & they don't think twice if their pet needs a vet. Baby canary close to death - Page 4 395766
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:41 am

Teresa i'm so very sorry to read this Very sad Very sad my heart goes out, Xi-Ri was such a fighter, it is extremely heart breaking to read about the baby and the father Very sad

You did all you could ((hugs)) :(

Fly free sweet ones Baby canary close to death - Page 4 35455 and be in peace You will be missed Very sad
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:44 am

Was wondering if your sis in law should be keeping the hen with her at this stage Disappointed since she doesn't seem to be very responsible with them Disappointed

Praying the poor hen survives and nothing untoward happens
Feeling very terrible reading about all this. I remember how Xi-Ri had improved and to read this all of a sudden...makes me cry Very sad
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:58 am

This is terrible news. Very sad I am so sorry, Teresa.
I've got to wonder now if there wasn't something going on with the parents that was passed on to the baby.

I do hope your sister in law does take the female in and that she is OK. Fingers crossed
Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:09 am

Teresa, I am just speechless about this development. At first I was so happy about Xi-ri making such amazing progress and now this. I feel terribly sorry for the little bird, I feel so sorry for you. How do you bear with this - it seems nearly impossible to carry on. So much pain for your soul. I am very sorry Very sad Very sad Very sad

Hope you will recover soon from this new shock. One gets never used to it....

Love to you and hugs Universal hug Universal hug Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 pm

I brought the hen home tonight -- and this time she's definitely getting checked out by the vet, as I will take her there myself. Poor little hen, she must be pining, because she's been pecking her own wing till it bled.
Some people shouldn't keep anything but fluffy toys...
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Teresa, I am so happy that you have the little hen home with you. YESS!! Atleast now you will not have to worry and wonder if she is being cared for and is getting the proper food, care and medical attention.

Poor little thing, Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 I love it/them Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488 she lost her baby and then her mate. Very sad It's no wonder she is pecking at herself. She has been totally traumatized. I know you will give her all the TLC she deserves. Baby canary close to death - Page 4 395766

Please keep us posted.

Louise

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm so glad to hear the little hen is in your possession, Teresa. Baby canary close to death - Page 4 142829
Please keep us posted on how the vet visit goes.

"Some people shouldn't keep anything but fluffy toys..."

I agree

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:41 am

Very good news to read Teresa Great job I'm wondering if her picking at herself might be something other than missing her mate though?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Baby canary close to death - Page 4 373410 The vet couldn't find anything wrong with Nice (awful name, yuk!), nor any reason why she should be self-mutilating apart from behavioural.
Her poops looked much better today, too. I supposed she got frightened yesterday evening with all the goings-on about the neighbour's cats, and strangers trooping through the house.
Last night, before going to bed, my daughter put a Tweety toy next to her cage. This morning she was 'talking' to him, and there was no evidence of recent pecking. So I bathed her wing (and the down feathers under it) with warm water with a few drops of Betadine, and she obviously enjoyed preening herself after that. She also enjoyed the walk to the vet's, and chattered all the way.
There has been no more pecking since, Great job but just to make sure I bought her a toy bird about her size and attached it to her cage. She's fascinated! Laughing

Baby canary close to death - Page 4 DSCNB7074-r550

As a 'just in case', the vet told me which antibiotic to use and how much if she should fall ill with a GI tract infection.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Such wonderful news Teresa! Baby canary close to death - Page 4 116281 cheers I'm so glad she stopped picking & has found a new friend in the toy bird.

Nice is such a pretty little yellow bundle I love it/them !
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Such a little sweetie. Baby canary close to death - Page 4 983488
And that is just so like Soni to put the little tweety bird next to her cage so she wouldn't be alone. Circle of Love Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby canary close to death
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next