Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Meet Strophe!

Go down 
+5
priya
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Teresa
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Isn't she gorgeous? Meet Strophe! 983488

Meet Strophe! DSCNB7116-r600

I stole her from a cat at the park today. I saw the cat pick her up and drop her twice, before running away at my approach. She has a few very superficial bites and scratches, so she's on an antibiotic. But she doesn't seem at all bothered about her ordeal -- she has a terrific appetite and squeaks her head off at meal times!

You can blame my daughter for the strange name. She said it would have been a catastrophe if I hadn't scared the cat off, so if you take a cat away from catastrophe, you get her name! nutter

Would you say she's about 18 days old?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 pm

She is gorgeous and she looks very sweet.
Good thing you started her on antibiotics. They do act OK for a while after a cat scratch, it's if the bird is left untreated that the bacteria takes over within 72 hours.
I picked up one just a bit older last night. He was on the roof and I waited until dark to retrieve it. I was thankful I didn't fall. My baby looks like he escaped a hawk.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Matilda wrote:
She is gorgeous and she looks very sweet.
Good thing you started her on antibiotics. They do act OK for a while after a cat scratch, it's if the bird is left untreated that the bacteria takes over within 72 hours.
I picked up one just a bit older last night. He was on the roof and I waited until dark to retrieve it. I was thankful I didn't fall. My baby looks like he escaped a hawk.

Serious EEK!! OMG, so am I! Glad to know you're alright, and best wishes for your little patient!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:28 am

Strophe is a stunning little one, Teresa.
I'm so glad she's OK.

Please do keep us posted on her progress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 am

Teresa & Charis its wonderful to read that you both were able to save the two babies. Meet Strophe! 983488 Meet Strophe! 983488

Charis how bad was the little one you saved?

How are they both doing today?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Robin...my little rescue is much improved and I am going to treat him for the puncture wound and release him once it has healed. Amazingly, he is eating on his own which is a great relief because I can't begin to tell you how over loaded I am with rescues right now. On top of it, I have been trying to get all of my scrubs trimmed, with Caleb's help and before he goes back to school. As a result, I put my back out and I feel like someone needs to do a rescue on me. Not feeling well
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Matilda wrote:
Robin...my little rescue is much improved and I am going to treat him for the puncture wound and release him once it has healed. Amazingly, he is eating on his own which is a great relief because I can't begin to tell you how over loaded I am with rescues right now. On top of it, I have been trying to get all of my scrubs trimmed, with Caleb's help and before he goes back to school. As a result, I put my back out and I feel like someone needs to do a rescue on me. Not feeling well

Oh no! Oh no Meet Strophe! 279675 So sorry to read about your back, the shrubs and all the rescues nutter Wish I was closer so I could help with something.

I know it won't do any good to tell you to get off your feet & rest Meet Strophe! 559177 But please take a breather now & then. Meet Strophe! 395766

Sending healing prayers your way Meet Strophe! 983488 Meet Strophe! 983488 Meet Strophe! 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:41 pm

How is that little doll baby Strophe doing, Teresa? Meet Strophe! 983488
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Charis, I'm so sorry to hear you've put your back out! Disappointed Hope you're feeling better, and that you manage to get a little bit of time to rest. Positive healing thoughts for you and your rescues.
Glad the baby is better and eating on his own! Great job

Cindy, Strophe sends you lots of peeps! Happy Very loud peeps! Laughing
She's doing well, but I'm a little concerned about yellow urates. She's on Bactrim and Flagyl.

Meet Strophe! DSCNB7117-cr260

Apart from that, she's doing great and eating lots (graduated to defrosted peas and corn now).
Here are the latest pics. Note, in the video, that she's still begging for food though her crop is FULL! Meet Strophe! 46723

Meet Strophe! DSCNB7123-r550

Meet Strophe! DSCNB7124-r550

Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:10 am

What a little doll baby Strophe is I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
She is very very sweet Teresa Smile

Gosh to think she was caught by a cat (shudder) Not feeling well Glad you were on time to save the little one.
Same with Charis. Thank God you guys saved them in the nick of time. Sorry to hear about the overload of work you're having Charis :( Don't stress yourself too much...take a breather when you can Universal hug
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 am

The photo is so very sweet of Strophe & Tweety! She looks so snuggly! That's too funny

She sounds like a little piggy with an endless tummy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:05 am

What a little doll baby! That has got to be my favorite age in a pigeon. Star quality

The poops look great, other than the yellow urates. Hopefully they will clear up after a few more days on the antibiotics. I understand your concern though.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:58 am

priya wrote:
What a little doll baby Strophe is I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
She is very very sweet Teresa Smile

I agree She is just too precious. Meet Strophe! 983488
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Strophe is absolutely adorable. I love it/them Meet Strophe! 983488 I love it/them

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 am

Strophe is doing well, eating well and trying out her wings in earnest. But after 5 days on the antibiotic and 4 on Flagyl, her poops aren't improving, quite the contrary: the urates are still yellow, and the poops are a lot softer. This isn't due to a high liquid intake. She's on 50 peas+corn three times a day plus 15 ml formula once a day. There's no smell to the poops, though.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:19 am

I'm glad Strophe is doing well, Teresa. Meet Strophe! 142829
Sorry to hear about the change in her poops. Very sad I would definitely keep an eye on the yellow urates. Meet Strophe! 106767

Teresa wrote:

Cindy, Strophe sends you lots of peeps! Happy
Very loud peeps! Laughing

Universal hug
Meet Strophe! 46723
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:50 pm

HOw is Strope doing Teresa? Are the urates still yellow?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:55 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
HOw is Strope doing Teresa? Are the urates still yellow?

Meet Strophe! 373410 The urates are looking whiter now! Celebrate They improved right after she was wormed, but it could have been a delayed effect of the antibiotic+Flagyl.
She's a little piggy, thinking nothing of putting away 55 corn+peas four times a day! She has started to drink by herself.
She's growing very fast, and getting some lovely white markings on her wings and body. Meet Strophe! 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm so glad Strophe is coming right along . YESS!!
When time permits we'd love to see a couple updated photos. Meet Strophe! 395766
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:25 am

Teresa - your last post about Strophe really made me laugh out loud. Oh me god what an eater!!! She will be soon round like ball and you can roll her through your house Happy Dance Happy Dance

I am so glad that you have good news as well - Lately your experiences were so utterly sad that I always ask myself how you can bear this. Group hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:12 am

Great to hear about Strophe's improvement Teresa YESS!!
Looks like she can compete with Tooti, the baby that we rescued. Well she won't remain a baby for long looking at the way she eats! Gobbles around 50-60 peas, maize and ragi Meet Strophe! 279675
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:07 am

Great news, Teresa.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Meet Strophe! Icon_flower Meet Strophe! Icon_flower Meet Strophe! Icon_flower Mwahh for Strophe Meet Strophe! 6049
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:10 pm

I just love to read such postive updates Meet Strophe! 395766 Meet Strophe! 219375

Like Cindy posted... I'd love to see a recent photo of her too. Meet Strophe! 116281 Meet Strophe! 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:00 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

I just love to read such postive updates Meet Strophe! 395766 Meet Strophe! 219375

Like Cindy posted... I'd love to see a recent photo of her too. Meet Strophe! 116281 Meet Strophe! 983488

I agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet Strophe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Strophe!   Meet Strophe! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Strophe!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next