Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water! Empty
PostSubject: Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water!   Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:15 am

Idea/thought

Hi dear friends,
I really cannot prove this but I have the strong suspicion that since I regularly add apple vinegar to every drinking pot our flock that visits the balcony is much more healthy. Normally at this time of the year when the temperatures have dropped quite significantly and the weather is simply confused it puts a lot of additional stress on the birds - as you all know - and especially as many are still moulting. So in the past I have observed that at this time of the year they start having awful poops. Not so this year! Although the weather is even worse.

Since many months now I add organic apple vinegar to their drinking water: 2 1/2 tablespoons full per l of water - which is quite a lot. I have gradually increased the amount starting with 1/2 a spoon per liter in order to get them used to it. The point is that the birds have quite a lot of opportunities here to drink water but apparently they prefer to drink on my balcony, even queuing up sometimes! They drink in deep gulps and quite obviously they love it. Especially when the water is still warm.

Our Jimi always waits until I have placed a fresh drinking pot on the balustrade and then he drinks with a pleasure that makes me always smile. So do others as well. Apparently they all know what's good for them.
The result - I don't see hardly any bad poops on my balcony at all any more and I very much hope that this stays as it is. Have had enough sick angels here! Very sad

The acidic water is supposed to be good against bacteria as well as viruses. It does not prevent real sickness of course but apparently it stimulates the immune system. Regular supply is the secret I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water!   Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks for the great post, Petra. Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water! 142829

I have, on occasion added some apple cider vinegar to the ferals drinking water.
From your results, perhaps I should be doing this on a more regular basis.

I don't have any visible ill pijjies, but I sure do have quite a variety of droppings. YUK
You're exactly right, molting, weather changes, etc., can definitely disrupt their systems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water!   Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:41 am

Great observation Petra Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water! 395766 I'm so glad that the ferals are benefitting from the AVC!

We add it to the drinking water of all the pigeons here & are very happy with the results too.

I hope those that do have feral flocks add the AVC to their water too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water!   Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Add organic apple vinegar to your drinking water!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Emergency Room :: Pigeon and Dove Illness and Injury Discussion forum-
Jump to: