Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Oh Sweet Pea!

Go down 
+5
pigeonwriter
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:33 pm

Oh Sweet Pea! 100_1311

The latest rescue, which I've named Sweet Pea, arrived at 9 pm on Wednesday evening. The little thing had been found in a large forested park a couple of hours earlier and had walked up to the rescuerer and huddled down next to her foot. As luck would have it, another woman was walking by that had found me through PT last September. She noticed something was wrong and offered my number. Idea/thought
Even though it was still 85 degrees when Sweet Pea arrived, the bird was freezing cold, listless and dehydrated. I really didn't think this one was going to make it because in addition he is nothing but feathers on skin and bone. Still, I had to try.
I was awake most of the night and started the hydrating process after Sweet Pea was thoroughly warmed. What a turn around. Thrilled
I think sweet Pea is going to be OK. Celebrate

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Stretch, Sweet Pea   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Oh Sweet Pea! 100_1312
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Sweet Pea is absolutely adorable, Charis.
Looks like she's coming along just fine. Great job
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: What a little Darlin'   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:59 pm

She's cute. What, besides being hungry do you think is wrong? Would the loss of feathers be canker? I always say that the Good Lord puts us in the paths of His creatures who need help. Did this one ever luck out! Not a coincidence that the person who knew you was there. Can you imagine that little thing walking right up to you? God gave you a love for all creatures for a reason. Keep us posted on her recovery. I just think she is a girl. Just a feeling. :)
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Well...Sweet pea sure could be a she.
I think she fell from a nest...it had been very hot here...and wandered around for several days.
I am treating her for canker.
She has the cutest personality. Circle of Love

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:11 pm

I forgot to say that I think the rescuer is going to adopt her.
The rescuer lives 15 blocks away and just moved back her from NY where her husband is a residentcy. She missed Portland and came back without him. Hmmm
So...I may have another Pigeon Person Neighbor. cheers Can never have too many!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:25 pm

NiteOwl wrote:

I just think she is a girl. Just a feeling. :)
She does have that 'girly' look, doesn't she? Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Matilda wrote:

I forgot to say that I think the rescuer is going to adopt her.
The rescuer lives 15 blocks away and just moved back her from NY where her husband is a residentcy. She missed Portland and came back without him. Hmmm
So...I may have another Pigeon Person Neighbor. cheers Can never have too many!!! Laughing
How Right on would that be?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Oh, cuteness! Circle of Love
Such a darling squeaker, I'm so glad she recovered!

I also had a pigeon come up and snuggle up to my foot in the park last year, but unfortunately I wasn't able to save him. He was an adult in the last stages of Paratyphoid and probably canker, and though I medicated him he passed away a couple of hours later. It was very sad, so I love hearing about the ones that make it.

Please give us an update. Did she get adopted by the rescuer?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Well, with a name like Sweet Pea, I hope it's a girl. If not, he's gonna get picked on, by everyone but "Sweetie Pie". LOL.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Well...Sweet Pea is here and Sweet Pea is a ...HE...and Sweet Pea does the picking on! Shock
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Matilda wrote:

Well...Sweet Pea is here and Sweet Pea is a ...HE...and Sweet Pea does the picking on! Shock
"My name might be Sweet Pea, :That\\\'s so f but DON'T mess with me." Heaven help me
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:21 pm

HE IS...O-B-N-O-X-I-O-U-S! But then...he is still a teenager! Heaven help me
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Charis, another adorable story. What a face this little bloke has and coming to the foot... I think these creatures really have a feel for someone who might help them. Who could ever deny his? There must be a magic line or something like that Hmmm
A true Pigeon angel you are!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Up Date   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:07 am

Sweet Pea is a boy bird and has been very agressive toward other birds...can't help but wonder if the agression is due to deep rooted resentment over his name. :That\\\'s so f

Anyway...he has managed to steal Mac, a young feral rescue, away from Blue that was rescued at the same time as Mac. I was sure they would become a couple but Sweet Pea has won her heart and is building her a nest. They are both about 5 months old.
Poor Blue ...is very blue. Having a bad day
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Update...   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 am

Sweet Pea mated with Mac, a feral rescue form past summer. They look just a like both very beautiful with black feathers. The only difference other than gender, of course, is that Mac is very small and Sweet Pea is very large. They are a cute couple. Circle of Love
Sweet Pea protects Mac form the other unattached males that would love to make her their own. He is a very devoted care taker of the eggs always willing to take more than his time on the eggs. Star quality
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Deborah, in Sonoma, will add them to her loft this summer.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:37 am

It always puts a smile on my face & a contented sigh when 2 pijjies finially find love. I love it/them

We would love to see a photo :Yes:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:14 pm

I'll try to find one when they are snuggling in their nesting box together. They are adorable together.
I reaaly thought Blue was going to mate with Mac because they were rescued together and they seemed very bonded. I was quite surprised when Sweet Pea won her away. That left poor Blue all by himself...and available for Fallen. Funny how things work out.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:29 pm

cheers flower Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Matilda wrote:
Sweet Pea mated with Mac, a feral rescue form past summer. They look just a like both very beautiful with black feathers. The only difference other than gender, of course, is that Mac is very small and Sweet Pea is very large. They are a cute couple. Circle of Love
Sweet Pea protects Mac form the other unattached males that would love to make her their own. He is a very devoted care taker of the eggs always willing to take more than his time on the eggs. Star quality

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Deborah, in Sonoma, will add them to her loft this summer.

Congratulations to the beautiful pair. Thrilled

My fingers are crossed as well. High 5
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
It always puts a smile on my face & a contented sigh when 2 pijjies finially find love. I love it/them

We would love to see a photo :Yes:

We sure would. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:11 pm

let me go see what I can do right now. Oh Sweet Pea! 193770
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Matilda wrote:
I'll try to find one when they are snuggling in their nesting box together. They are adorable together.

YESS!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Here's Sweet Pea, Mac didn't make herself available   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Oh Sweet Pea! 100_2122
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Aw! That's a very cute photo! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh Sweet Pea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Sweet Pea!   Oh Sweet Pea! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh Sweet Pea!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next