Pigeon Angels


 
RegisterFAQSearchHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Share | 
 

 I was minding my own business...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: I was minding my own business...   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:50 am

and thoroughly miserable with the annual...worst head cold of my life...when I received the following message...

A nice lady emailed me about a bird who has taken up home with her. It's very tame and will follow them around and land on their hands. No band, but was once a pet, no doubt. With a mean cat and no way to have birds where they live, they're wanting someone who can take him in and care for him, rather than leaving him out for predators.

Here is her email. I told her you were in town and that I would pass the message along to you.


I sent the lady an email with my phone number and just after I had drifted off to sleep, the phone rang. She told me the pigeon had adopted her family at a local grocery store parking lot, getting in the car with them and refusing to get out. Apparently, this had happened several days before and they had put the pigeon outside, in hopes she would fly away and find her flock, or go home. Instead, the little pigeon roosted on their porch light and waited for a glimpse of them through the window. They didn't know what to feed her and so they were feeding bread and water. The pigeon had made a mess of the porch and they were expecting a complaint form the apartment manager.
My original message had been that I would take the bird if it was a hen and if a male bird, I would help them find a home. After hearing the story though, I told her to bring the bird inside for the night and that I would be there in the morning.
The bird is here now and it's very clear she has never seen another pigeon. Clearly, she has been hand raised and either released or got out a door or window. I'm fairly certain she is a hen.
The couple that found her named her Boris...I'm open to suggestions for a new name.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:57 am

Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:18 pm

She is a pretty one. Hoot likes the name Grace (like amazing grace).
How about Jackie, as she seems to have car- jacked or hi- jacked them at the market.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Hmmm Grace isn't bad. We already have a Jackie on the forum...
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:08 pm


How about Amazing, its amazing that she got into a car that had nice people who cared & amazing that you were contacted about her & amazing that it turns out she just might indeed be a girl!

Better yet how about Amazing Grace!!!!


Oh & by the way Charis, let us not forget how AMAZING you are for taking her in even though you don't feel well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Thank you Robin.

Okay...Grace she is.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Grace is a good name.
I hope you're feeling better. I know your not feeling well would never stop you from rescuing a pij in need. She's a lucky girl (fingers crossed!)
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2009-07-25
Location : Munich/Germany

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 am

How is Grace doing? Btw - I thought of a different name - because she's got that lovely colour I would have named her Cookie!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 511
Join date : 2009-02-23
Location : SUNNY Arizona !

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:20 am

AWE!!!! And she GOT in the car to boot!!! that is such a good girl! Trade ya a hen for a meany male!

What a GREAT story! and AMAZING is surely right not only that she GOT IN THE CAR... But that they let her stay!!! Whooo hooo--- people really do have hearts! Im LOVING Amazing Grace! It is no doubt that higher hands had their fair share in this rescue! what a sweetie! Hows she doing and btw~ she has that SWEET look on her face in the kitchen like,

" PHEW- finally someone figuered out I am not a WILD bird! and gave me my indoor bed back! Thank HEAVENS!" cheers Feeling great cheers

Hope you are feeling and sounding much better than when We spoke last Bless your heart! Healing Prayers will continue to be sent! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
How is Grace doing? Btw - I thought of a different name - because she's got that lovely colour I would have named her Cookie!!!!


That's a good name too. Another that Jay mentioned, is Cinder.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 am

AZJourney wrote:
AWE!!!! And she GOT in the car to boot!!! that is such a good girl! Trade ya a hen for a meany male!


Nice try Jenn...I've got plenty of those already!

What a GREAT story! and AMAZING is surely right not only that she GOT IN THE CAR... But that they let her stay!!! Whooo hooo--- people really do have hearts! Im LOVING Amazing Grace! It is no doubt that higher hands had their fair share in this rescue! what a sweetie! Hows she doing and btw~ she has that SWEET look on her face in the kitchen like,

" PHEW- finally someone figuered out I am not a WILD bird! and gave me my indoor bed back! Thank HEAVENS!" cheers Feeling great cheers

Hope you are feeling and sounding much better than when We spoke last Bless your heart! Healing Prayers will continue to be sent! Circle of Love

Thank you...I do feel better. The pigeon is doing great. I put her in a cage in the pigeon room, during the day so she can get used to being around other pigeons. In the evening, I bring her back into the house. Her presence sure has perked up little Pearly Boy and so I'm torn. He is so disabled that I doubt he will be able to live with the other pigeons and it's a little too much to have 2 pigeons in the house on a permanent basis.

http://www.pigeonangels.com/pigeon-and-dove-illness-and-injury-discussion-forum-f21/poor-little-guy-arrived-a-couple-of-hours-ago-t2123.htm
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 511
Join date : 2009-02-23
Location : SUNNY Arizona !

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:58 am

Matilda wrote:
AZJourney wrote:
AWE!!!! And she GOT in the car to boot!!! that is such a good girl! Trade ya a hen for a meany male!


Nice try Jenn...I've got plenty of those already!What a GREAT story! and AMAZING is surely right not only that she GOT IN THE CAR... But that they let her stay!!! Whooo hooo--- people really do have hearts! Im LOVING Amazing Grace! It is no doubt that higher hands had their fair share in this rescue! what a sweetie! Hows she doing and btw~ she has that SWEET look on her face in the kitchen like,

" PHEW- finally someone figuered out I am not a WILD bird! and gave me my indoor bed back! Thank HEAVENS!" cheers Feeling great cheers

Hope you are feeling and sounding much better than when We spoke last Bless your heart! Healing Prayers will continue to be sent! Circle of Love

Thank you...I do feel better. The pigeon is doing great. I put her in a cage in the pigeon room, during the day so she can get used to being around other pigeons. In the evening, I bring her back into the house. Her presence sure has perked up little Pearly Boy and so I'm torn. He is so disabled that I doubt he will be able to live with the other pigeons and it's a little too much to have 2 pigeons in the house on a permanent basis.

http://www.pigeonangels.com/pigeon-and-dove-illness-and-injury-discussion-forum-f21/poor-little-guy-arrived-a-couple-of-hours-ago-
t2123.htm

I have NO idea Jumpin for joy I have NO idea HAHA! Gotta give a girl credit for tryin'! LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Mybe if they could end up together, 2 birds in one cage wouldn't be soooooooooooo bad. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Mybe if they could end up together, 2 birds in one cage wouldn't be soooooooooooo bad. I love it/them


You're right...especially if they lived somewhere else!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Sorry I missed this thread! Sorry

The little hen is a real cutie! And I think Jenn is right, she looks SO pleased to be indoors!

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope you're better now. Universal hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I was minding my own business...   

Back to top Go down
 
I was minding my own business...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Pets-
Jump to: