Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Interesting Loft Floor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Interesting Loft Floor Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Our member ysplace sent me this link as she is thinking or having a loft/aviary built and the folks at this company are willing to modify for pigeons, with heavy gage hardware cloth.
One of the interesting things is under accessories and it is the flooring. They have really great plastic tile that snap together and are free floating one put together. They can be taken apart, easily changed out if one is broken and are nonslip.

http://www.qualitydogkennels.com/
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Gee that sounds great. Especially that they will modify it with the hardware cloth. I think the kennels look nice, and you could do an aviary that way. I'd like to see the floor.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Jay...to see the floor, open the link. On the right hand side of the page...click on accessories and then floor.
Then you can see the floor.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:49 am

That would make a nice aviary.
Nice of the company to modify it for her. Interesting Loft Floor 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:55 pm

I like that, and they even have a video on it. Think that would work great. I'd like something like that in the loft, but probably wouldn't be able to scrape it.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Very good ideas! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 am

NiteOwl wrote:
I like that, and they even have a video on it. Think that would work great. I'd like something like that in the loft, but probably wouldn't be able to scrape it.

I was wondering how tight they fit together, the tiled, & how much crud would end up in the cracks. Hmmm Making me have to get on my knees to get it out. Interesting Loft Floor 395766
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:53 am

Robin, my guess is they fit together very tightly. They do have some texture so they might not be so easy to scrape. Personally, I was thinking of them for my chicken coop. I sweep that floor and spread hot water w/disinfectant, scrub with a brush to clean and sweep out a little hatch that empties into an underground cesspool. Currently I have cement floor tiles with sand underneath. The sand was a huge mistake. I should have used gravel.

I love the concept and it got me wondering that maybe other similar tiles are available.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

I was wondering how tight they fit together, the tiled, & how much crud would end up in the cracks. Hmmm Making me have to get on my knees to get it out. Interesting Loft Floor 395766

The website says that it is a nearly seamless gap between tiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Loft Floor   Interesting Loft Floor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Loft Floor
Page 1 of 1