Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Cher Ami...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Cher Ami... Empty
PostSubject: Cher Ami...   Cher Ami... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:52 pm

Cher Ami passed on a week ago today. She was with me for two very intense weeks, fought for life harder than any bird I've ever seen and touched my heart deeply. She passed at 7:30 AM, while I held her, Unlike the life she fought for, death took her softly... she just stopped breathing.
As I told you, she had arrived two weeks before and had been a referral from Jaye at Pigeon Talk. Four weeks earlier, she had been found in downtown Portland with her tail missing. A kind new member of ours, picked her up and took her home, realizing that a pigeon without a tail was not a good thing.
She named her Cher Ami, not I. Ger Ami was a wild one, full of spunk and quick to offer pecks that could draw blood. She could wing slap with the very best of them. One day she got out of her cage and flew crazy around the room, flying into walls and such. It was after that her condition disintegrated leaving her with a twisted neck, unable to stand. Three days after the accident, she arrived at my house. She was dehydrated and very week. I spent the night hydrating her and her spunk starting to return.
I consulted Deb and she felt that Cher Ami should be on antibiotics as well. Mostly it was a waiting game with small improvemnts from a bird that would just as soon peck and wing slap me to death.
Feeding her was a nightmare. I had to stretch her neck into a normal position to get the crop needle into her crop. She didn't make it easy, resisting with all her might. It was amazing to me how such a debilitated bird could still be so strong.
About day 10, I saw a huge improvement. She was able to stand and her neck was no longer twisted. She even tried to pick up some seed although she was still to weak. Deb and I talked that she was just too mean to die. I was thrilled.
Everything went well until the latter part of day 13 and she seemed weaker and cold even though she was on the heating pad. She didn't resist so much when I fed her. By the next she was weaker still although she was able to maintain a normal position.
I sent Deb an email but didn't hear back from her. I was unaware her father had died suddenly in North Carolina and she had left town in a hurry, catching the first available flight.
So, I kept watch, never leaving her side much until she was gone.
I've told you about Cher Ami not for sympathy for my sake, but for her sake because she was a special pigeon and I want her to be remembered.
Fly with the angels, Cher....resist the urge to peck them Cher Ami... Star3
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Cher Ami... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher Ami...   Cher Ami... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 am

Charis.....Cher was blessed to pass in you care knowing the love, kindness and comfort that you gave her.

pigeon 1 pigeon 1 FLY FREE AND HIGH PRECIOUS CHER AMI Cher Ami... 35455 Cher Ami... 35455

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Cher Ami... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher Ami...   Cher Ami... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 am

I am so sorry. Very sad

pigeon 1 "Fly high and fly free, sweet Cher Ami" pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Cher Ami... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher Ami...   Cher Ami... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:55 pm

She was a bright light burning fiercely, and light will remain in her wake... Star quality
I'm sorry that she had to go, and thankful and humbled to have heard her story.

Fly high, Cher Ami, enjoy your freedom! Circle of Love pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cher Ami... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher Ami...   Cher Ami... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cher Ami...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: In Loving Memory :: Rainbow Bridge-
Jump to: