Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN

Go down 
+7
Tech
pigeonwriter
Jackie\'s Mom
Teresa
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Best wishes for sweet Anna and the little red hen! NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 983488 They are in the best possible hands, even if your hands are permanently overworked. Please take care of yourself! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:12 am

I've had a terrible tragedy here.

The golden retriever, that has been staying here, managed to nose open the gate to the side yard from the back yard. The chickens were free ranging in the side yard at the time and three of them have been seriously injured by her.
It only took about 3 minutes before I noticed the dog in the side yard and rescued the hens.
At first I thought only November has a broken leg but now I suspect a Kittery has a fracture.
My beloved Plum is also injured ... bruised and sore.

Later I watched the dog try again to nose the gate latch up and so I know how she did it.
I'm just sick.

Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Matilda wrote:
I've had a terrible tragedy here.

The golden retriever, that has been staying here, managed to nose open the gate to the side yard from the back yard. The chickens were free ranging in the side yard at the time and three of them have been seriously injured by her.
It only took about 3 minutes before I noticed the dog in the side yard and rescued the hens.
At first I thought only November has a broken leg but now I suspect a Kittery has a fracture.
My beloved Plum is also injured ... bruised and sore.

Later I watched the dog try again to nose the gate latch up and so I know how she did it.
I'm just sick.

Oh Charis, I'm so sorry. I know how much you love your chickens. Dogs are so smart. What a shame. The poor chickens must be scared to death. Be a while before any of them feel safe in their yard again. I hope the injured ones will recover. Please let us know how they are doing. How long will the dog be staying with you?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Oh the poor hens!! Very sad Very sad Very sad What a terrible thing to happen, I'm so sorry, Charis! And I bet your heart is still skipping beats, even now!
Give your little hens a kiss from me, and I'll be sending positive healing thoughts for them. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the chickens. Very sad

You mentioned the dog was staying at your place. Is this a border?
Is there somewhere you can confine the dog?

I hope the injured recover without any problems. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:02 am

Charis I just don't know what to say Very sad Very sad

I know how terrible you must feel & how much you love those girls. My prayers & heart are with you always.

Please keep us updated about the hens.

{{Hugs}} NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 983488 NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 983488 NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am

Any news on them Charis?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Continued best wishes for their full recovery. Group hug
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Are the hens alright? And are YOU alright? Not feeling well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN   NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW MEANING TO THE PHRASE...NO ROOM IN THE INN
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6