Pigeon Angels


 
RegisterFAQSearchHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Share | 
 

 Unique Pigeon Towers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Unique Pigeon Towers   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:05 am

I posted the following link some time ago and thought it would be fun to revisit it as the dwellings are quite incredible.
Unique Pigeon Towers

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Some of those towers are beautiful, but they were also built to keep pigeons for their meat.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:55 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Some of those towers are beautiful, but they were also built to keep pigeons for their meat.

I'm sure some were. Disappointed

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Some of those dove cotes are really impressive though. Can you imagine what it looked like with all those pigeons coming and going?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:08 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Some of those dove cotes are really impressive though.

Can you imagine what it looked like with all those pigeons coming and going?



I bet it was quite a spectacular sight.

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 35
Location : Kent, UK

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 am

AZWhitefeather wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Some of those dove cotes are really impressive though.

Can you imagine what it looked like with all those pigeons coming and going?



I bet it was quite a spectacular sight.
I agree It must have been an amazing sight. Too bad they aren't in use anymore. I wonder why since they are still standing - so why haven't pigeons moved in anymore? (although in a few of the photos you can see a couple of pigeons that have moved in). Thanks for the link - if you allow, I'd like to repost it on my blog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
AZWhitefeather wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Some of those dove cotes are really impressive though.

Can you imagine what it looked like with all those pigeons coming and going?



I bet it was quite a spectacular sight.
I agree It must have been an amazing sight. Too bad they aren't in use anymore.

*I wonder why since they are still standing - so why haven't pigeons moved in anymore? (although in a few of the photos you can see a couple of pigeons that have moved in). Thanks for the link -

** if you allow, I'd like to repost it on my blog.

* I'm wondering if the lack of food source has anything to do with some of the locations. Hmmm

** Most certainly, Revati.
I just came upon it while browsing the Internet. Happy Dance

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
avatar

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Fascinating structures! I too would love to see them flying in and out.
It says in the article that terracota is the pigeons' favourite colour. But isn't that because they associate terracota with places to perch and roost in that area?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Teresa wrote:
Fascinating structures! I too would love to see them flying in and out.


It says in the article that terracota is the pigeons' favourite colour. But isn't that because they associate terracota with places to perch and roost in that area?

Probably so. Smile

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Unique Pigeon Towers   

Back to top Go down
 
Unique Pigeon Towers
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Feral Pigeons and Doves-
Jump to: