Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Greetings From A Newbie :D

Go down 
+5
NiteOwl
Cynthia
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
TwinTails
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:57 am

Hi Tara,
I just read your whole story - what a wonderful happy ending. Your pair is adorable and the photos tell their own story. I would never have thought myself (before I came in close contact) that pigeons could be pets but what I am reading here in this forum tells me something completely different Circle of Love

I can say that my life changed since we have our couple of ferals breeding on our balcony since last year and now 2 of their kids are breeding here as well. I just love them Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:24 pm

The funny thing is, I've always loved birds, all kinds, heck I love all animals Happy When I was little my neighbors had an aviary in their yard, full of the prettiest grey, blue and purple pigeons Happy i've never been able to have them until now :) And the best thing is that it has opened my eyes to the joy of having such amazing creatures in my life :)

Right now they are sitting next to me, hovering around, preening, etc. Time to get out the bath tub for them Wink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Until Whitefeather fell into my life the only thing I knew about pigeons was that they carried messages.
What I have learned, and continue to learn, is that the pigeon is one incredible bird. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:49 am

Wow Tara, you have two adorable darlings...they are really cute Circle of Love You are doing a great job raising them Great job

I loved that pic where your tom was looking at the two pijjies...he sure must be feeling the pinch of not being the boss anymore :That\\\'s so f
I love cats, dogs, pigeons, all birds, heck i love all animals and birds Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:33 pm

Oh yeah, Baby sure hates the birds! She is always trying to bother them, even when they are sleeping and covered, lol! She's a handful, but aren't all teenagers, lol!?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:44 pm

What a delightful diary of two lovable and very lucky pigeons! # 1
You've done a wonderful job, Tara. Way To Go I especially love the way you get so many different pets to live together in harmony!
I loved the way Ozzie got out of the bath by climbing over his sister's head! ROTFL
Please keep us posted.
All the best to you and your extended family!
Back to top Go down
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks everyone Happy They are doing very well :) Ozzy and Diva have changed personalities! Ozzy is now defiant and aggressive (he will just start pecking and jabbing at me or my face, anytime I go near Diva). Diva is calm and submissive. They are nearly 3 months old (1st or 2nd of September), so I imagine they are reaching sexual maturity soon, and Ozzy is choosing Diva as his mate :) They now use the cats' water dish as their bath, lol! The cats always stare at them then give me the evil eye, roflmao! So I guess I will have to find a nesting bowl for them, and hopefully I can find some dummy eggs before they lay any :)
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Glad to hear things are going well, Tara. Smile

I don't remember, are Ozzie and Diva siblings? If so, then you really do need to find some artifical eggs.
Dolly and Dumpling are siblings and have become mates so I make darn sure their natural eggs are removed and wooden eggs put in their place.

But then I haven't had to worry about that for a while, because Dolly is spending a lot of time by himself, hopefully thinking about how he's going to start behaving. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Private message me your address and I will send you a couple of pretend eggs. I have plenty.
Back to top Go down
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Thank you Charis!

I am not 100% sure, but I think they are siblings. My brother told me about them but he wasn't the first person to find & move them. They could be from the same clutch or not, but either way I treat them as siblings.

It's funny though, Diva used to be so frantic, freaking out at every little thing, screaming her head off, lol. Now she's calm, she loves her home (she will go into their cage willingly, when she's had enough out time). Ozzy on the other hand is going insane, lol! He doesn't want me to hold him, touch him, talk to him, etc. He pecks hard, bites hard (grabs and holds flesh, lol), flies away if I even look at him.

Though I've been practising Cesar Millan's ways with all my animals - they must be calm submissive before they get any reward, be it pets, treats, out of cage time, etc. When they are calm and relaxed, then they can come out and play. The screaming and flying in the cage will not get them out of the cage faster. It's been working too. They are much more calm now, they don't have hissy fits as often, etc. Cesar's Dog Psychology can be adapted to other animals as well (and it works Wink ).
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:31 am

Discipline rules!! Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:47 pm

Here Here! Hip Hip Hooray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From A Newbie :D   Greetings From A Newbie :D - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings From A Newbie :D
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Feral Pigeons and Doves-
Jump to: