Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Our Sheriff Joe is at it again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Empty
PostSubject: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 am

I know the outcome for several of these roosters was not good but hopefully with Sheriff Joe and his posse's intervention some were spared.

Cock Fighting Ringleader Facing 115 Counts
Updated: Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011, 6:05 PM MST
Published : Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011, 10:23 AM MST

LAVEEN, Ariz. - The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is investigating an alleged rooster fighting operation in southwest Phoenix.

The sheriff's office says the operation may involve at least 130 roosters.

Deputies arrived at 67th Avenue and Baseline Road to serve search warrants Wednesday morning.

Jesus Llovera was arrested for owning, keeping and training roosters with the intent to fight.

He was also arrested last May at a cockfight in Tonopah and was given two years unsupervised probation (see photo).

"He can't learn a lesson to stop this kind of activity, which is very serious, horrific, when you have the roosters fighting each other till their death," said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Sheriff's deputies found a refrigerator full of bottles of injectable medicine used for cockfighting. They also found roosters prepped to fight.

"I take all animal cruelty very, very seriously. We have a special unit just to go after those that abuse," said Arpaio.

Actor Steven Seagal was at the scene with a film crew. He says he goes after animal abusers with his own SWAT team. Seagal is also a member of the MCSO posse.

Llovera has been charged with 115 felony counts of owning, possessing, keeping, or training roosters with the intent to fight.

MCOS investigares alleged cock fighting ring

There is a video on the right side that I opted NOT to view.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 am

I hope Sheriff Joe nails this guy to the wall! 91/2 times out of 10 fighting rooster must be put down because they can not be kept with other chickens because they were trained to kill another chicken. Its my understanding they can not even be kept with hen's, except to breed, & then they must be watched very closely so they won't kill her.

It's basically a no win for these poor roosters. Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Urgh, I hope this guy is locked up as LONG as possible. NOTHING irks me more than cockfighting. Makes me sick to my stomach. I just DON'T get it And all the poor roosters, who will no doubt die now... As far as I know, there's only one sanctuary that does fighting rooster rehab, and they're on the other side of the country. I took in two roosters from them from a cockfighting bust in Virginia a couple years ago- they made a pretty huge impact on me. They were both the SWEETEST birds I've ever met. Not angry, not vicious, not aggressive- just terrified out of their minds. It only took a couple of weeks for them to integrate with the rest of the flock. I miss them so bad- even though I never tried to socialize them with humans, one of them still always came running to climb up into my lap, all on his own. SO misunderstood. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

I hope Sheriff Joe nails this guy to the wall!

91/2 times out of 10 fighting rooster must be put down because they can not be kept with other chickens because they were trained to kill another chicken. Its my understanding they can not even be kept with hen's, except to breed, & then they must be watched very closely so they won't kill her.

It's basically a no win for these poor roosters. Very sad

Well, this low life of a human now has 115 felony counts against him.
Hopefully that will be enough to keep him behind bars for quite a while. Fingers crossed

I believe the majority of the roosters in this case were euthanized. Very sad Very sad

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Luna Wolf wrote:
Urgh, I hope this guy is locked up as LONG as possible. NOTHING irks me more than cockfighting.
Makes me sick to my stomach. I just DON'T get it

And all the poor roosters, who will no doubt die now... As far as I know, there's only one sanctuary that does fighting rooster rehab, and they're on the other side of the country. I took in two roosters from them from a cockfighting bust in Virginia a couple years ago- they made a pretty huge impact on me. They were both the SWEETEST birds I've ever met. Not angry, not vicious, not aggressive- just terrified out of their minds. It only took a couple of weeks for them to integrate with the rest of the flock. I miss them so bad- even though I never tried to socialize them with humans, one of them still always came running to climb up into my lap, all on his own. SO misunderstood. Disappointed

It does me too. Not feeling well Evil, wrong doing YUK Seeing red/mad
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Such a terrible shame that animals should still be bred and "trained" to fight each other in this day and age!
I'm glad that the man responsible has 115 felony counts against him. I hope that this time he is taught a lesson.
Sheriff Joe sounds like my kind of hero! Great job I wish there were many, many more like him! # 1

Luna, your story of the two roosters was so moving! I'm glad they got to spend dome time where they were safe and loved. Your knowledge and love for all kinds of animals is amazing! Pigeon angel Our Sheriff Joe is at it again 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Teresa wrote:
Such a terrible shame that animals should still be bred and "trained" to fight each other in this day and age!

* I'm glad that the man responsible has 115 felony counts against him. I hope that this time he is taught a lesson.

** Sheriff Joe sounds like my kind of hero! Great job

*** I wish there were many, many more like him! # 1

Luna, your story of the two roosters was so moving! I'm glad they got to spend dome time where they were safe and loved. Your knowledge and love for all kinds of animals is amazing! Pigeon angel Our Sheriff Joe is at it again 983488

I don't know if he will ever learn his lesson, but maybe he will be 'out of business' for a long time and that will certainly help some that would most likely be future victims. Fingers crossed

** Yep!! High 5

*** I agree It's a shame police/sheriff officials in other areas don't take animal abuse more seriously. Or seriously at all. Disappointed
I'm sure glad Sheriff Joe is in my neighborhood. YESS!!
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Teresa wrote:

Thank you, Teresa. ♥️
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Luna Wolf wrote:
Urgh, I hope this guy is locked up as LONG as possible. NOTHING irks me more than cockfighting. Makes me sick to my stomach. I just DON'T get it And all the poor roosters, who will no doubt die now... As far as I know, there's only one sanctuary that does fighting rooster rehab, and they're on the other side of the country. I took in two roosters from them from a cockfighting bust in Virginia a couple years ago- they made a pretty huge impact on me. They were both the SWEETEST birds I've ever met. Not angry, not vicious, not aggressive- just terrified out of their minds. It only took a couple of weeks for them to integrate with the rest of the flock. I miss them so bad- even though I never tried to socialize them with humans, one of them still always came running to climb up into my lap, all on his own. SO misunderstood. Disappointed

Thanks to you Luna I now know of a rescue that is working to rehab fighting cocks...
http://sanctuary.bravebirds.org/projects/rooster-rehab/

Is this the one you adopted from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Yep, that's the one. :3 It was a pretty cool coincidence, I had found their website a couple years ago and forgot about it. It just randomly popped into my head one day and I found the site again. Literally two days after I found them they got the roosters in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Sheriff Joe is at it again   Our Sheriff Joe is at it again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Sheriff Joe is at it again
Page 1 of 1