Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel

Go down 
+4
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
ysplace
Teresa
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Empty
PostSubject: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

19th January this year: A pigeon was in serious distress in Lisbon, Portugal. It seemed that the odds were insurmountable...
She had bites and cuts to her back and right wing, lots of feathers missing, terrible string injuries and a Salmonella lesion on her injured wing...

Then Rosa came by, picked her up and gave her a name, Balsa. Since then Balsa has been loved and cared for, and her gradual but remarkable recovery has been a wonder to see.
Rosa has since become a member here, but being both busy and practical, she has familiarised herself with the best advice we posted, but never got round to posting. But I hope she'll find the time for a chat soon!

So I thought I'd share with you two of the photos that Rosa sent me, one taken in January, and the other taken a couple of days ago:

From this:

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel P1020231-r550

to this:

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel P1020293-r550
(The brown stuff under her feet is Betadine.)

Rosa, what can I say? Way To Go YOU rock ... LOTS!
Back to top Go down
ysplace
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Thank you for posting   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:26 pm

What a remarkable recovery. She is such a beautiful bird and look forward to hearing more about her.

Yvette
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Thank you so very much sharing the photos of Balsa with us, Teresa. Thank You
Rosa, you are an angel through and through. Pigeon angel Universal hug
I am so glad that Teresa, and Pigeon Angels, were here to assist you in caring for this most beautiful and very lucky little bird. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281

Balsa is looking remarkably well given her initial state. You've done a wonderful job. Way To Go
Has she lost some toes due to the string injury or are they hidden in the straw?
I too hope you will soon have the time to visit with us. Smile
We would love to hear, and see (we love pictures), how Balsa is coming along.

I totally agree with Teresa. YOU rock LOTS!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:40 pm

I hope Rosa herself will come and tell you more about Balsa, but there's one question I can answer: Balsa has, in fact, lost all the toes in one foot, but we don't know whether it was because of the serious string injuries (human hair) or the Salmonella -- I'm inclined to think it was a combination of both.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks for the clarification about Balsa's toes.
I thought it looked like they were missing. Disappointed
Sadly that can't be avoided sometimes after such a horrific injury.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:21 pm

And this poor pigeon still lived? Unbelievable that she did not give up!
What a difference the second photo made but there is still a lot of patinece necessary. I really cringe when I see these poor feet without toes. It is awful. I want to take this poor bird and cuddle her all the time... Very sad Very sad Very sad

Thanks for sharing this story, Teresa and sending much love to Rosa for her help. She is a true Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Rosa is very caring and very brave! Talk about being thrown in at the deep end...
Most people would have been too scared or horrified to treat such a badly-injured bird and not give up on her for one moment! Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 789920 Star quality
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 am

Teresa wrote:
Rosa is very caring and very brave! Talk about being thrown in at the deep end...
Most people would have been too scared or horrified to treat such a badly-injured bird and not give up on her for one moment! Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 789920 Star quality

I agree
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:05 am

I just got an e-mail with more pics and videos, one of them showing Balsa sunning herself (in captivity, of course) on the rooftops of Lisbon. Dove right Feeling great Tickled Pink

She stands all the time now, she's getting feisty, and she's starting to fly!!!!
Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled

But I'll leave it up to Rosa to tell you all about it...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 am

Teresa wrote:

* I just got an e-mail with more pics and videos, one of them showing Balsa sunning herself (in captivity, of course) on the rooftops of Lisbon. Dove right Feeling great Tickled Pink

She stands all the time now, she's getting feisty, and she's starting to fly!!!! Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled

** But I'll leave it up to Rosa to tell you all about it...

* How great is this news!! Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Thrilled Celebrate
Three cheers for Balsa and Rosa. Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray
Many thanks for the update, Teresa. Universal hug

** I am sooo looking forward to seeing the photos and video. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 395766

Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:58 pm

WARNING! In this reply are included some pictures that may shock some sensitive users, as they were taken on a stage where Balsa's injuries where really bad looking. I advise you to skip it, if you are sensitive to this kind of things! I chose to publish them anyway, because they may be useful to other users, as yours were to me. Thanks for your understanding!

Hello, all Pigeon Angels!javascript:emoticonp(':Pigeon%20angel%20t')

First of all, let me apologise for the fact that I am only writing now. The truth is that I have been extremely busy these last couple of months, and I can also be very lazy sometimes, so I guess it's was a mix of both...javascript:emoticonp('Wink')

I already created my account more than a month ago (on 4th February) but, unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to come to the PC as often as I would like to. I really wanted to tell you all Balsa's story, but I kept postponing.... eheh

So, finally, here it goes: on January 18th this year, I was at my boyfriend's home but we had to go out to buy cigarretes (bad habit, i know... javascript:emoticonp(':Oh%20no:') eheh).

So, we both went out, and went to a grocery near my home, where I go sometimes (my boyfriend lives nearby me) and when we left the store, I just accidentaly looked at my street, and that's when I saw a brown pigeon lying on the middle of the street, with lots of feathers surrounding her!!! javascript:emoticonp('Shock').

I just love animals, and I can't stand see them suffering, so I slowly approached her, to see if I was able to check out what was wrong with her, and if there was something I could do to help her, even tough I was aware that, if she needed deep care, I was in trouble because, probably, my parents wouldn't allow me to bring her inside the house, because they have already refused before, and a female cat called Iris already lives there, as well as a small bird that she caught a few years ago on the roof (yes, it is really true! javascript:emoticonp('Happy') and miraculously survived.

When we approached her, I noticed that there was some blood on her right wing, (wich seemed to be bitten, because there were also some feathers missing on that wing - probably the ones that where lying on the floor) and that the only part of her body that she could actually move was her head... javascript:emoticonp('Serious EEK!!')! javascript:emoticonp('Not feeling well')javascript:emoticonp(':Very%20sad:').

She definitely needed intensive care and a place to stay, in order to have a chance to survive.

Even tough it seemed to me that she was already half dead, I was willing to try, or at least give her all the care I could, and a calm place to stay or even to die, if it was her destiny.... javascript:emoticonp('Disappointed'), so I quickly went to talk to my parents, explaining them the situation and asking if I could take her home for a few days.

As I predicted, my parents didn't authorized me to take her home, even tough my mom frequentely feeds some pigeons that go there everyday...

There was nothing I could do, so I left my home and went back to my boyfriend's home, where I was going to stay the night...I had to leave her there, alone and suffering...javascript:emoticonp(':Very%20sad:').

It was already late at night, and after arriving my boyfriends home, I couldn't stop talking about the pigeon, so my boyfriend told me that he was gonna see what he could do, and if she was still there tomorrow morning when I went back home, maybe I could bring her to his house.

All I could think about was that poor pigeon that I left there, alone and in pain, exposed to so many dangerous situations that may occur...javascript:emoticonp(':Banging%20head')

When I woke up in the morning, the first thing I remembered was her, but I started thinking the worst: that she may have already died, due to her deep injuries and cold. But still, I needed to try, if I had the chance!

So I quickly took a bath and asked my boyrfriend if I could bring her home afterall, if she was still alive. He said yes, that he had been thinking and that she could stay at a little division that he has at his home, that is very small but has a window, and that we use to keep some plants.

After that, I quickl left my boyfriends home, and went almost running to my street, to check if the pigeon was still there. When I arrived, I didn't saw her imediately, so I tought the worst: maybe she had died during the night, or got eaten, or something...

But then, when I looked at some rocks that were on the ground, near the wall of the building where I live, there she was, lying on top of them!

Even today, I'm not sure if she went there for cover all by herself, or if someone took her there. I think it's more probable that someone did it, because she only started standing on her foot a few weeks after I brought her home....

Anyway, when I saw her and understood that she was still living, I quickly went home to pick up a box to transport her.

I found it easy to put her in there, because she couldn't move at all, as I said before, the only thing she moved was her head (this was one of the things that made me beleive that she could make it afterall, even tough I knew that the chances that she may survive were less..)

When I arrived my boyfriend's home, he already had everything prepared for Balsa's reception. javascript:emoticonp(':Yes%202:') javascript:emoticonp('Wink')

At first, and once she couldn't move, I left her free on the room, without any kind of box, only some carpets on the floor to keep her clean.

I didn't knew wheter she would be able to eat or drink, so I gave her water on a seringe, but she only started drinking after a while, because her beek seemed to be "glued", and my boyfriend had to open it with his fingers, after I watered it a bit. I guess she was extremely desidratated.... javascript:emoticonp('That%20doesnt%20add').

I fed her a bit with a seringe, after filling it with bread mixed with water, but thank God I soon understood that she could and wanted to eat solid food, as she quickly swallowed a bit of wet bread that I gave her a few hours later. javascript:emoticonp('YESS!!')

At first, we couldn't really understand what was wrong with her, I presumed that she was bitten by another animal (a dog, or a seagull, maybe), so I didn't payed much attention to the fact that she couldn't stand (silly me.. javascript:emoticonp(':Banging%20head')),javascript:emoticonp(':Oh%20man:')

I tought she might be very weak because of the injury, so I treated only the area of the wing and neck, that had no feathers, and the side of the wing, where I could also see that there were also a few feathers missing.

I used Betadine and Bacitracine, and then I left her to rest for a couple of hours. Then, when I came back, she was not at the same place, and it took me a while to find her behind a door, shaking....javascript:emoticonp('Serious EEK!!').

I decided it was better to restrict her to a small area while she was recovering. This way, she would be more quiet, and will also avoid even more damage.

I got a wooden box that he had in the house and covered it with hay that I bought meanwhile at an animal shop nearby, to keep her warm.

These are the first pics I took her, a few days after she arrived here (I tried to avoid taking her pictures, because she started shaking everytime I pointed the camera at her, even today she still doesn't enjoy it much.. javascript:emoticonp('Laughing') ) :

[img]Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel P1020212[/img]

Once she couldn't stand, I had to fed her on my hand all this time. There were some days when she didn't ate much, but now she is feeding ok and all by herself, she not even wants to eat by my hand nowadays, so I don't have to worry!

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 26012011

I had already treated a few pigeons when I was still a child, but only small injures, so I started a research on the internet about anything that may help me to make this poor pigeon survive.

After a couple of days, I found Teresa's profile on another website, where she explained Piper's story. When I found the page, I was sooo happy!!! javascript:emoticonp('cheers').

Looking at Piper's pictures made me think that Balsa could defenitely make it, even tough she may never fly again, but still, maybe she could survive!

To tell you the truth, everyday when I woke up and went to her room to check her out and to uncover the box (I cover it with a blanket by night, so that she won't get cold) I prayed to God that she was still living, before I open the door... javascript:emoticonp('Oh brother'). Thank God she is a really strong pigeon, and she is getting better everyday" javascript:emoticonp('Hip Hip Hooray')

So, after reading carefuly Teresa's profile, I thought about sending her a message, asking for help. If she was able to help Piper, maybe she could help me to figure out what was wrong with Balsa, and how I could help her.

It didn't took much days for me to receive Teresa's reply! It was a really precious help, you have no idea! Actually, all of this time that I've been taking care of Balsa (3 months and a week) I've been in contact with Teresa quite often through e-mail, and if it wasn't for her, I'm not sure if Balsa had survived.

After a few days, Balsa started to drink water on a bowl, and eating better! She still didn't eat alone, but she ate most of the times that I putted food on my hand and lift it to her beek. javascript:emoticonp('YESS!!').

She still couldn't stand, so I started leaving some seeds and crackers on the floor, near her, to incentivate her to move a bit.

This is how she was looking these days:

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 06-02-10

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 06022010

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 06022011

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 28012010

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Curios10

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Sera_s10

So, how I was telling, Teresa has revealed to be a very good, caring and nice person, because she not only wrote to me almost everyday ever since, gave me lots of info that I used to help Balsa the best way that I could, made me understand what was wrong with her, and always made the right diagnosis (I know it's incredible, but Teresa REALLY ROCKS!! javascript:emoticonp(':Yes%202:') javascript:emoticonp('cheers')javascript:emoticonp('Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 142829')) - she made me understand that she had Salmonella, and not a broken wing, and that the fact that her feaces where too liquid was due to the fact that she was also suffering from Trichomoniasis, as well as many other things she taught me in detail in her extremely well explained emails... ), but she also sent me ALL THE MEDICINES that I used to cure Balsa's diseases (except for Synulox that I was able to find at a pharmacy nearby me, and I could afford to buy), because I had difficulties finding some of them, and the others I unfortunately couldn't afford to buy them, because I've been unemployed for more than a year, and I still haven't found a job, so I basicly had no money to buy them, and it was killing me... javascript:emoticonp(':Banging%20head')javascript:emoticonp('Sorry').

For all of this, I can never thank Teresa enough, all I can say is that she is an outstanding person, and that I thank God that there are still people like her around, who love animals and try to do everything they can to helpo n easing their pain.

For everything you done, javascript:emoticonp(':Thank%20You:') Teresa!! You are a REAL ANIMAL FRIEND AND ANGEL!javascript:emoticonp('Celebrate')javascript:emoticonp(':Pigeon%20angel%20t')javascript:emoticonp(':Circle%20of%20Love') javascript:emoticonp('Thank%20You:').

So, as I was telling before, Teresa made me realize understand and cure many of Balsa's problems, but I still haven't found one of the worst yet: her legs...

Balsa started recovering, specially on her posture: she was becoming more alert, she was slowly starting to move her body, but still, she couldn't stand...javascript:emoticonp('Hmmm').

A couple of days later, I took her on my hand and looked at her legs, and I found out that she had no fingers on her left leg javascript:emoticonp(':Very%20sad:'), and that something should be wrong with her right feet, because the fingers were not streched, and
Teresa was also worried about this, but I had no chance to do more that day than using Betadine and a bit of Bacitracine, because shortly after I started the examination, my boyfriend's parents arrived home, and I had to put her on the box again, so that they won't see her (they still didn't knew she was here... javascript:emoticonp('Embarassed') eheh).

So, after a couple of days, my boyfriend's parents went out for a good time, and I had the chance to finally find out what was wrong with her legs.

I asked my boyfriend's help, followed Teresa's advice, and I covered her eyes and body with a towel, and landed her on my legs. What I saw was terrifying javascript:emoticonp(':Close%20call:')javascript:emoticonp('Disappointed') :

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Patinh10

She not only had hair strings attached very tight to her left leg, as she also had a finger missing on her other feet, and the legs colour was a mix of yellow, green, black and grey!!!! javascript:emoticonp('nutter')javascript:emoticonp('Serious EEK!!') Very sad javascript:emoticonp(':Very%20sad:'). I'm not sure, but I think she had gangrene...javascript:emoticonp('confused')javascript:emoticonp(':Close%20call:').

At this point, I have to thank not only Teresa but also to you, all Pigeon Angels! First of all, I thank to the person who created this site, but I also have to thank all the other users who keep this site alive everyday, by sharing their experiences here, that definetely help other people who are treating injured pigeons. YOU ROCK!!!javascript:emoticonp(':Star%20quality:')javascript:emoticonp('Thrilled')javascript:emoticonp('Thank%20You:') I specially want to thank to the user Cynthia, because it was her thread (http://www.pigeonangels.com/t146-feet-string-and-thread-injuries?highlight=string) that made me release Balsa of all of the hair strings that were still on her leg, causing her unimaginable pain. It was really useful, thank you so much!! javascript:emoticonp(':Circle%20of%20Love')javascript:emoticonp(':Thank%20You:')

So, it was basicly it! After a few days taking the medicines, Balsa finally started to get better! javascript:emoticonp(':Woo%20Hoo:').

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 21-02-11

A few weeks later, some feathers started to come out! javascript:emoticonp('Happy Dance'). And, one day, I saw her stand on her feet for the first time!
javascript:emoticonp('Happy%20Dance')javascript:emoticonp(':Woo%20Hoo:') I was SOOO happy!

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 27-02_10

She has been recovering more and more ever since. She stays up all the time, except for a few times that she likes to lay down a bit, but she quickly gets up when she sees me aproaching! eheh

Even when she's sleeping, she stands on her feet many times.

Unfortunately, today was a rainy day here, but just as Teresa said, lately Balsa has been sunning herself, in captivity, on the rooftops of Lisbon! javascript:emoticonp(':Yes%202:')javascript:emoticonp('Happy')

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 21032010

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 18032010

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 21032011

Once my boyfriend's parents don't spend much time at home during the week days, I started to let her be outside the box, hanging around on the room most of the day. She loves it! javascript:emoticonp('Happy').

A few days ago, as soon as I took her out, she started streching her legs and wings! It was soooo cute! javascript:emoticonp(':Little%20heart:').

I also see her sometimes beeking her feathers, streching her wings and flying a bit (once she came out of the box all by herself).

She has been pulling out feathers sometimes, but like Teresa informed me, it's a good sign, because most of them are old and danificated feathers.

She still doesn't fly much, but I hope it gets better in time.

Actually, I'm really thankful for all the improvements she's done so far. javascript:emoticonp('cheers'). She even took a bath all by herself the other day, it was stunning! javascript:emoticonp('Celebrate')

These are the last pictures, I took a few days ago:

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 18032011

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 18032012

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel P1020310

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel P1020311

Her legs still need to cicatrize better, and I need to "train" her and try to make her fly again. Only time will tell. I hope she gets better, and I hope that I may be able to set her free again some day, but even if it's not possible, I'm really glad she is surviving and getting better!

Once again, thank you so much Teresa, I know all the time I dedicate to Balsa was crucial for her recovering, like you said, but if it wasn't for your tips and the medication you gave me, maybe Balsa wouldn't have survived... And even if she did, I'm sure she wouldn't be as better as she is today. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much! javascript:emoticonp(':Circle%20of%20Love').

I also have to thank again to the "Pigeon Angels" creator/s and members for this wonderful and educational site javascript:emoticonp(':#%201:'),

I'm really happy to see that there are pigeon lovers all over the world! javascript:emoticonp(':Feeding%20the%20pi')javascript:emoticonp(':Worldwide%20hug:')javascript:emoticonp(':Feeding%20a%20pige').

Now that I finally finished telling you Balsa's story, I promise I'll keep you updated about the latest news and pictures. javascript:emoticonp('Wink'). I will also start to participate in other topics, when I have the chance to come here to the site.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help, and for you interest!

Talk to you soon!

Big hugs,
Rosa
Back to top Go down
AnnieBirdy
Special Pigeon Angel
AnnieBirdy

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Thankyou, you beautiful person Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 35455
Back to top Go down
http://www.precious-wings.com
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi Teresa,

Thank you so much for sharing Balsa's story while I couldn't come here! javascript:emoticonp(':2%20thumbs%20up:')javascript:emoticonp(':YOU%20rock:')
javascript:emoticonp(':Thank%20You:')javascript:emoticonp('YESS!!')

It took me a few days to write the text, because it's been a constant running these last couple of months, from my boyfriends home to my parents home, but now that I finally updated the situation, I'll definitely come here more often, sharing Balsa news and participating on other topics!javascript:emoticonp(':Yes%202:')

God bless you! javascript:emoticonp(':Little%20heart:')javascript:emoticonp('cheers')

Teresa wrote:
19th January this year: A pigeon was in serious distress in Lisbon, Portugal. It seemed that the odds were insurmountable...
She had bites and cuts to her back and right wing, lots of feathers missing, terrible string injuries and a Salmonella lesion on her injured wing...

Then Rosa came by, picked her up and gave her a name, Balsa. Since then Balsa has been loved and cared for, and her gradual but remarkable recovery has been a wonder to see.
Rosa has since become a member here, but being both busy and practical, she has familiarised herself with the best advice we posted, but never got round to posting. But I hope she'll find the time for a chat soon!

So I thought I'd share with you two of the photos that Rosa sent me, one taken in January, and the other taken a couple of days ago:

From this:

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel P1020231-r550

to this:

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel P1020293-r550
(The brown stuff under her feet is Betadine.)

Rosa, what can I say? Way To Go YOU rock ... LOTS!
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Thank you for your words, AnnieBirdy!

I'm glad you think so, but I'm just a person who loves animals, and I hate to see them suffering.... javascript:emoticonp(':Very%20sad:') . Sometimes, there's nothing we can do about it, but when there is, I guess we have to try our best, and to do research or ask all the things we're not sure about... Thank God, I was able to find not only the right place, as also the right people. javascript:emoticonp('Wink')

AnnieBirdy wrote:
Thankyou, you beautiful person Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 35455
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Thank you ysplace! I'm glad you think so. javascript:emoticonp('Happy')

She/he has recovered a lot, and is, indeed, a beautiful bird!

Thanks for your interest, I will come here soon to keep you all updated with the latest Balsa news. javascript:emoticonp('Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 142829')

ysplace wrote:
What a remarkable recovery. She is such a beautiful bird and look forward to hearing more about her.

Yvette
Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi AZWhitefeather!

Thank you so much for your nice words, but I'm the one who has to thank you all for your patience on waiting for my reply (javascript:emoticonp(':Yes%202:') javascript:emoticonp('Laughing'), and specially for this outstanding site, filled with outstanding and detailed information.
javascript:emoticonp(':#%201:')

Concerning your question about her toes, just like Teresa said, she has lost all the fingers of her left leg, and one finger on her right leg. Unfortunately, there is also one finger of her right leg that is not on the correct position javascript:emoticonp('That%20doesnt%20add')javascript:emoticonp('Not feeling well'), but still I'm glad to see that she can walk anyway...
javascript:emoticonp('Feeling great')

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Thank you so very much sharing the photos of Balsa with us, Teresa. Thank You
Rosa, you are an angel through and through. Pigeon angel Universal hug
I am so glad that Teresa, and Pigeon Angels, were here to assist you in caring for this most beautiful and very lucky little bird. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281

Balsa is looking remarkably well given her initial state. You've done a wonderful job. Way To Go
Has she lost some toes due to the string injury or are they hidden in the straw?
I too hope you will soon have the time to visit with us. Smile
We would love to hear, and see (we love pictures), how Balsa is coming along.

I totally agree with Teresa. YOU rock LOTS!!
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Thank you, pigeonwrieter!

You are right, that was one of my biggest fears but, thank God, Balsa showed to be a true warrior! eheh

pigeonwriter wrote:
And this poor pigeon still lived? Unbelievable that she did not give up!
What a difference the second photo made but there is still a lot of patinece necessary. I really cringe when I see these poor feet without toes. It is awful. I want to take this poor bird and cuddle her all the time... Very sad Very sad Very sad

Thanks for sharing this story, Teresa and sending much love to Rosa for her help. She is a true Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Well hi there, you prolific writer you!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Hi there/Bye Welcome

Thank you so much for sharing Balsa's story, Rosa! It's just pure joy to see how much better she is! Celebrate Happy Dance
The photos will, I'm sure, be a very good reference point for anyone in the future who is faced with a badly injured pigeon like Balsa. It will show them the progress made with time, and just what can be achieved with love, perseverance and the determination to see past the terrible injuries and help the poor bird.
Thank You Pigeon angel Universal hug

Thank you also for all the compliments Embarassed but as I said to you, it was YOU who healed her! Pigeon angel Not so long ago I couldn't tell one end of a pigeon from another, and the members here have taught me, helped me and supported me time and time again. It's like a chain reaction of the nicest kind -- perhaps one of these days it will be you teaching someone else how to help a rescue... Wink Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Rosa, Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Welcom37 to Pigeon Angels.

Thank you so much for sharing Balsa's story and photos with us. Great job
You and your boyfriend have done a wonderful job of caring for her. Pigeon angel Pigeon angel

Given what she has gone through, she is looking great. Bless her heart. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 983488

Thank you, Teresa, for all the help and support you have given to Rosa. Pigeon angel
Pij-n-Angels Rock

Please do keep us posted on how things are coming along. Smile

Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Teresa wrote:
Well hi there, you prolific writer you!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Hi there/Bye Welcome

Thank you so much for sharing Balsa's story, Rosa! It's just pure joy to see how much better she is! Celebrate Happy Dance
The photos will, I'm sure, be a very good reference point for anyone in the future who is faced with a badly injured pigeon like Balsa. It will show them the progress made with time, and just what can be achieved with love, perseverance and the determination to see past the terrible injuries and help the poor bird.
Thank You Pigeon angel Universal hug

Thank you also for all the compliments Embarassed but as I said to you, it was YOU who healed her! Pigeon angel Not so long ago I couldn't tell one end of a pigeon from another, and the members here have taught me, helped me and supported me time and time again. It's like a chain reaction of the nicest kind -- perhaps one of these days it will be you teaching someone else how to help a rescue... Wink Tickled Pink

Shame on them No need to thank, Teresa! It's a pleasure to share it with you and all the other Pigeon Angels. Celebrating
Besides, you are right, it may be a good reference point for anyone who, in the future, may face a similar situation, and hopefuly it may be helpful for that person and the bird. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 789920 Universal hug

Concerning Balsa's recovery, all I can say is that I thank God for the fact that she is getting better, and of course I am aware that the combination of care, time and love that I used on Balsa may be one of the major reasons, but I can assure you that, if it wasn't for your tips and the medicines that you sent to my adress, I could spend all day giving him love and food, and he would not even stand on his feet, for sure... Wink

So, Thank You Happy Dance Circle of Love

And you are right, Pij-n-Angels Rock Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 23878 Thrilled I'm so happy you introduced me to this pigeon 1 Pigeon angel Universal hug Pigeon angel Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 35455 world!
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Hi Rosa, Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Welcom37 to Pigeon Angels.

Thank you so much for sharing Balsa's story and photos with us. Great job
You and your boyfriend have done a wonderful job of caring for her. Pigeon angel Pigeon angel

Given what she has gone through, she is looking great. Bless her heart. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 983488

Thank you, Teresa, for all the help and support you have given to Rosa. Pigeon angel
Pij-n-Angels Rock

Please do keep us posted on how things are coming along. Smile

Hey! Welcome I'm the one who thanks for your interest, and also for your nice words! Happy Pigeon angel

Another thing: I often exchange emails with Teresa about the latest Balsa adventures ( Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 395766 Laughing ), and we are almost sure that Balsa must be a male and not a female, concerning his/her behaviour and poses... I don't know why, but I've always had the feeling that he was a male (Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 395766 lol), but once he was eating by my hand and was not agressive for the first couple of months, there was a time when we were almost sure that it should be a female but, concerning the last events, he must be a guy! That's too funny

I'm organizing some new pics at this moment, and I will soon share here the latest Balsa news. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 142829
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 116281 cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 803589 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 803589 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 803589 Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 803589
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Thank you for your lovely posts, Rosa. Universal hug

It's interesting isn't how we think a pigeon maybe one gender, by it's actions, and as time goes by we find out they are not what we originally thought. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 106767

Our sweet Rae Charles, who is blind, was thought to be a male by 'her' actions. Then to my surprise I discovered an egg in her cage about three years after she was brought to us. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 279675
That's been the only egg she has laid in 8 years. And she still coos, dances about and fans her tail, just as a male would, when I, or my husband, walk in her room and call her name. She is such a little love. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 983488
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Isn't it funny how many male pigeons end up with girlie names, and girl pigeons with butch names?!
Wish they'd find a way to tell us what they are to begin with, to avoid being stuck with an embarrassing name for life... ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Great to hear from you, Rosa! Hi there/Bye Universal hug
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:30 am

Teresa wrote:
Isn't it funny how many male pigeons end up with girlie names, and girl pigeons with butch names?!

Wish they'd find a way to tell us what they are to begin with, to avoid being stuck with an embarrassing name for life... ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Great to hear from you, Rosa! Hi there/Bye Universal hug

Yeah, like Dolly. Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 46723 It could have been worse for him. I could have tagged him with his sister's name, Dumpling. Shock Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel 321758
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel   Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balsa meets a Pigeon Angel
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next