Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Well we'll all be hoping for a good outcome. Thanks for letting us know, and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:26 pm

I hope the vet will be able to help Penguin. I was very glad to hear that the wing isn't broken, but please don't be too optimistic about her being able to heal soon and get released. Wing injuries can take quite a while to heal, and when they do the pigeon may still need special care, perhaps even for life.
If Charis said she may be able to get a good placement for Penguin, then go with that option, as she would have Penguin's best interests at heart.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:55 pm

We appreciate the update, AnnMarie. Smile
Will continue to think positive that all turns out well. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 pm

today was exhausting. as soon as school ended i went to drive out to get Penguin and was called to pick up a pigeon that couldnt fly outside my school.. so i went and got him and it was thunderstorming really bad so it was stressfull driving in it. when i got penguin the vet said she was loaded with coccidia and worms but started getting treated and i will finish the treatment. her wing is now bandaged and i will care for her untill she is either able to be let free or needing to find a home as a disabled pigeon.
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 01011
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks for the update, AnnMarie!

Penguin looks a lot more comfortable now, it must be great not to trip up on your own wing!
It's great that the worms and coccidia are being dealt with, they're so debilitating!
Did the vet give you any idea when that wing injury was sustained?

When you have a chance, please let us know about the other pigeon you picked up today.

Hope you can get some much-needed rest now. Hi there/Bye

Last edited by Teresa on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 pm

I hate driving in thunderstorms too. Sorry your friend has coccidia and worms. What did the vet give you to treat him with? You need to keep him separated from the others until cured, and make sure you clean the poops in his cage often. You don't want to leave them around.

What seems to be the problem with the new bird? Is he very young? Can you post a picture?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Teresa wrote:
When you have a chance, please let us know about the other pigeon you picked up today.
Ah, you already have! Thanks http://www.pigeonangels.com/t2729-baby-pigeon-found
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:36 am

the vet didnt give me anything but i have appertex and baytril and wormex so she said i could use those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!   Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigeon with broken or dislocated wing !!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2