Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
farmerjoecoledge
Special Pigeon Angel
farmerjoecoledge

Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Empty
PostSubject: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:08 am

I'm having a fortunate oppurtunity to attract myself a mate Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 395766 All I have to do is get Freeda to like the cat travel box. Too much, just passing the trash yesterday and there's a pigeon nest.

Cindy was sayin that Freeda will pick a mate and go live were he is, I'm not totally sure where she hangs now but when she comes to eat she's always alone. So I'm thinkin she's still single, born in early May. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 395766

I got the nest by the window, on the floor, all I do is add some sticks? Btw, she comes in to eat, not letting me get too close yet, got to do some bribbing?

I live alone and was almost considering a small dog, so far so good with Freeda, a wild pet bird that comes and goes as she pleases is more than I can ask, I think, I'll definately out live her and my last dog was bad enough.

Got any ideas, or should I leave things be?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Sticks in the box is a good idea, and yes, bribing too! Gotta wine and dine a girl, right? Wink Chopped raw peanuts and shelled sunflower seeds are very appreciated as bribes. It may take some time, because when pigeons come across them for the first time they may not know they're food. But once they get the taste for them, they LOVE them! They love cake crumbs too (not chocolate), but that's junk food! That's too funny
Then all you've got to do is bow to her and dance around a bit! (Wish I was a fly on the wall...) ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Although pigeons in the wild often only live for 2-3 years, those who are cared for can, I believe, live for 15-20, so you could have a pet for a very long time there.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:07 am

Thrilled Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 46723 Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 321758 Hip Hip Hooray Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
farmerjoecoledge
Special Pigeon Angel
farmerjoecoledge

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 pm

I thought I posted this. Replies don't come to my inbox automaticly, I'll try and remember to check the box.

A little dance? I can get the sunflower seeds and some sticks but how do you dance with a bird with two left feet? Laughing

How about some romantic cooing? The sound track on here would be excellent for some convincing, yes?

Right now I'm nothing but a sucker, she comes for supper, leaves me with the dishes, and flies off to where-ever she goes, one thing, she don't poop when she's eatin, so no real messes. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 116281

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:36 pm

farmerjoecoledge wrote:

I thought I posted this. Replies don't come to my inbox automaticly, I'll try and remember to check the box.
A little dance? I can get the sunflower seeds and some sticks but how do you dance with a bird with two left feet? Laughing

There is an option at the bottom of the thread (right side) 'Start watching this thread'. Click on that and you should begin to get notices in your email that a reply has been posted. Smile

Quote :

How about some romantic cooing? The sound track on here would be excellent for some convincing, yes?

Right now I'm nothing but a sucker, she comes for supper, leaves me with the dishes, and flies off to where-ever she goes,

Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 321758 Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 321758

Quote :

one thing, she don't poop when she's eatin, so no real messes. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 116281

Gotta love a house guest with manners. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 46723 Happy Dance Thrilled Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:34 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Yes, the sound track might help, but there are coos of several different species in there, and I don't know how she feels about foreigners... Wink That's too funny

Then all you need is somethig like this:

Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! ChickenDance Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Ghecko-disco

farmerjoecoledge wrote:
Right now I'm nothing but a sucker, she comes for supper, leaves me with the dishes, and flies off to where-ever she goes, one thing, she don't poop when she's eatin, so no real messes.
Just like my daughter! Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 321758 Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 321758 Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 321758
Back to top Go down
farmerjoecoledge
Special Pigeon Angel
farmerjoecoledge

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 pm

I tryed the sound track no her and she didn't lookup from her supper. If i had a speaker for the box, well the party would be on. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 142829

Then I dressup and do the chicken dance for a pigeon, Embarassed

So far nothing is working, humm, I think I'm having a dejavu. LOL

ps. can you point me to a sound track? one like when the male is cooing in the nest. thx
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:00 am

farmerjoecoledge wrote:
I tryed the sound track no her and she didn't lookup from her supper. If i had a speaker for the box, well the party would be on. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 142829

Then I dressup and do the chicken dance for a pigeon, Embarassed

So far nothing is working, humm, I think I'm having a dejavu. LOL

ps. can you point me to a sound track? one like when the male is cooing in the nest. thx

That's not the easiest thing to find, funnily enough, as they usually stop if someone points a camera at them. In our sound track, the first sounds are from wood pigeons, which will probably sound strange to Freeda.
There's a male pigeon cooing here: http://www.pigeonangels.com/t2745-elmo-in-love-funny-video?highlight=Elmo but it's only a little bit, and the sound isn't that clear.
But you don't need to worry about playing her the soundtrack from another pigeon, because if you want her to bond with you she needs to become accustomed to your voice, not another's. So it works fine if you speak to her softly (they get startled with sudden or loud voices), bowing your head to her, at the same time that you offer her something nice to eat. If she doesn't have a mate yet, she may in time decide to accept your offer, and move into the nest you made for her.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:33 am

Ah, right on cue... Revati has just uploaded a new video showing two males cooing to a female:
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am

That's a great video. Thanks for posting it, Teresa.

Great job Revati.
Birdie girl is adorable. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
farmerjoecoledge
Special Pigeon Angel
farmerjoecoledge

PostSubject: more progress   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Freeda was here early yesterday and she stayed until quite late. When she was in she was checking out her box, standind on it, i don't think she's been inside yet, but thewre was one of the sticks on the floor, She found a roller on my exercise contraption that she used as a perch so all in all feeling at home. She warmed up to the shelled sunflower seeds so could be my love food. Should start a separet post, no?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:01 pm

That's very encouraging! cheers Feeling great

It's really up to you, if you want to start another thread. This one is perfect to talk about your developing relationship with your pet pigeon, but you may want to post in 'Pigeon Behaviour' about anything that puzzles you, or in 'Chitter Chat' to talk about all sorts of things, even if they aren't about pigeons (I hope you'll consider posting some favourite pics in 'Give Us Your Best Shot'), etc.
Have a look around, there's lots of information and fun to be found!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 pm

It's great that Freeda is getting more comfortable around you and her surroundings, Grant. cheers
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Teresa wrote:
That's very encouraging! cheers Feeling great

It's really up to you, if you want to start another thread. This one is perfect to talk about your developing relationship with your pet pigeon, but you may want to post in 'Pigeon Behaviour' about anything that puzzles you, or in 'Chitter Chat' to talk about all sorts of things, even if they aren't about pigeons (I hope you'll consider posting some favourite pics in 'Give Us Your Best Shot'), etc.
Have a look around, there's lots of information and fun to be found!

Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 395766
Back to top Go down
farmerjoecoledge
Special Pigeon Angel
farmerjoecoledge

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:10 pm

My plan has been had by Papa pigeon.

Today I see Papa raiding my nest. At first I thought it was Freeda, they look identical except for the size. I'm watching and he's taking my sticks to his house, or her house, she was in the nest fixing the sticks. So then Freeda shows up and Pa was in my nest, well Freeda looked perplexed. So Freeda gets inside and Pa is lookin to get in too, seems he doesn't like her coming in, to eat even. So I'm like Papa no, and I think he understood me, and went down from the sill.

Looked kinda like Pa was going to move into my shack too so i stood it up and out of the way, so no more persuading Freeda for now. Winter is cold here so she might have a change of heart by then. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 142829
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 am

farmerjoecoledge wrote:
My plan has been had by Papa pigeon.

Today I see Papa raiding my nest. At first I thought it was Freeda, they look identical except for the size.

I'm watching and he's taking my sticks to his house, or her house, she was in the nest fixing the sticks.

So then Freeda shows up and Pa was in my nest, well Freeda looked perplexed. So Freeda gets inside and Pa is lookin to get in too, seems he doesn't like her coming in, to eat even. So I'm like Papa no, and I think he understood me, and went down from the sill.

Looked kinda like Pa was going to move into my shack too so i stood it up and out of the way, so no more persuading Freeda for now. Winter is cold here so she might have a change of heart by then. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 142829

Pa sounds like the typical male with a nesting mate. Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 395766
If he sees a gathering of twigs, etc., he's going to take advantage of the situation and take them. Kind of like one stop shopping.

Once Ma and Pa have made their nest and eggs are in place, I doubt he will go looking for any more materials.
Back to top Go down
CookieDove

CookieDove

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:09 am

pigeon 1 Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!! Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! 35455
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!   Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey you, the cute chick, Pick Me!
Page 1 of 1