Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

fox attack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cammypigeon

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Tonight when i went to get my pigeons in i found romeo sitting on the floor injured when i picked him up there was blood and one of his legs was missing. In panic and shock i rushed him inside to my mum and rushed down to our emergency vet i had 2 options end his life or try and no questions about it i picked try so they are doing all they can then once stable they will operate. I can believe it happened i feel so bad and keep thinking if only id got him in earlied and if there aviary was double meshed. I really hope he makes it my much loved pigeon.
I have read on here before about 1 legged pigeons do they adapt and cope well with the loss of a leg? Has any one had problems with 1 legged pigeons? X
Fingers crossed i love my little boy he is a 2006 bird.
Thanks
Pigeon angel

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm so sorry about poor Romeo's injury... Very sad Your heart must have skipped a beat!

I'm with you on your decision, I would have tried everything too. And I'm sure the vet will be able to stabilise him and make him well.

Pigeons can still have a good and a long life with one leg, though some small modifications will likely be needed to his housing, to avoid obstacles that he would find difficult.
Our member Cynthia had a one-legged pigeon and I remember she said he learned to cope fine, but it's important not to let them get overweight, as that would put too much weight on their good leg -- besides tiring more easily, putting a lot of weight on one leg puts one-sided pressure on their chest area and can compress the heart.

Will you be able to strengthen your aviary with double mesh? The risk is at the moment that the fox knows the pigeons are there, and may try to attack again... Serious EEK!!

Very best wishes for Romeo's recovery, and I will keep you and all your feathered friends in my thoughts and prayers.

Universal hug
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:20 am

Oh my goodness - I am very sorry to hear about the attack, Cammypigeon. I would have been in shock as well - I really can imagine your feelings. I am glad that you choose the option to try everything and from all my heart I am sending your little Romeo healing prayers and good wishes. Universal hug Universal hug Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Cammypigeon

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Yes well i have got my pigeons in early tonight so they are all safe and i am going to double mesh it so that if a pigeons foot sticks out through the first set of mesh which is only small gaped mesh it will be safe as the gap between the two sets of mesh wont be reached.
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:04 pm

BAD NEWS
Sadly Romeo passed away this morning whilst in surgery his heart stopped and they couldnt get it to start again.

Very sad

I feel so guilty its all my fault i found his ring this morning in the garden which was on his leg that had been removed.

I cant believe he has gone i really cant.

In loving memory of my brave and strong boy Romeo i still cant believe you have gone i think about you every second of the day and every time i think of you you bring tears to my eyes because i love you and miss you so much one of my babies has died.
Princess misses you too.
when you died my heart died too. Very sad

fox attack C:\Documents and Settings\Rachel\My Documents\My Pictures\Media Go\201007\30072010992
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 pm

fox attack 30072014
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Oh no!!! Very sad Very sad Very sad

I'm so sorry, Cammypigeon! I don't know what to say, it's just too sad for words!
I hope you never have to go through this again!

Give Princess a kiss from me. {{{Hugs}}}
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:02 am

Cammypigeon - I am so sorry that your Romeo did not make it. Very sad Very sad This is so heartbreaking - I am really sad. Sending you a big Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Cammypigeon,

Just popping in to ask how you and Princess are doing, and also if everything is alright with your other pigeons. Hope the fox didn't come back.
Universal hug
Back to top Go down
Cammypigeon

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Princess and myself are ok. I have seen the fox again but have managed to protect my pigeons from further attack.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:33 am

Cammypigeon wrote:
Princess and myself are ok. I have seen the fox again but have managed to protect my pigeons from further attack.

Great job That's great to know! Universal hug
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 am

I am so sorry to hear about Romero.
Sending a special Universal hug to you and Princess, Cammypigeon.

pigeon 1 May you forever fly high and fly free sweet Romero pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Cammypigeon

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 am

Quick update

Princess and i are still very upset about the loss of my beautiful boy romeo but princess is moving on and now has a new boyfriend my hand reared boy jasper, they are not as close as princess and her true love romeo but they have started producing eggs.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm glad to hear that Princess is doing her best to move on. But Romeo will never be forgotten, of course, he was one in a million!
Circle of Love fox attack 35455
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fox attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: fox attack   fox attack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fox attack
Page 1 of 1