Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

"Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

"Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Empty
PostSubject: "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:42 am

"Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels 00811
"Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels 00610"Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels 01010

We just chillin! He sitting on his perch for the first time! All good only a little over 3 weeks old now. Got a huge video project coming up. Getting to that time he will almost be able to be perched for most of the day.

Working on training him to perch and what not. Idk anyone else have any other training ideas? I seen someone on here with cat toys.

If anyone like to see some videos of him just visit this forum link
---->http://www.pigeonangels.com/t3010-introducing-homie-bird-tha-pigeon-hisdadmother-vidsstory
Back to top Go down
http://HomeBird.BlogSpot.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 pm

He's very cute, but keep an eye on that bald patch on his face and neck, as it could be canker.

Pigeons usually prefer something flatter to perch on, but I've seen them perch on tree branches too, so he should be OK. It might make it easier for him to perch if the surface allowed him to get a better grip -- even something like tying a rag over the metal, or using some masking tape; it would be less cold too.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Well..   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:39 pm

I do have a question. He is responding different today. Maybebit last night too. U see he is chillin alot at the bottom of the cage. Noticed I had to feed him today he was just starving but the mother has been trying to feed him all day. Even like sitting right beside hiM! for long peroids of time. This may be sign he is sick. Is there anyway that could be canker related? keep in mind i dont know what a canker is. and second i always notice bald spots at ths age. he shouldn;t even be perching i had to mad help him. And yes ur right i am in the middle of making a grip with a sock lol. That pic is when he first perched on that thing.

How would I clear his nostrils. Just let him drink a lot of water?. maybe i dont know might of gotten some in his nostrils. they aren;t looking like I did. Just as i was feeding him may have gotten some in his nostrils but it was quickly cleaned away from his passage. ...maybe i did that last night thats why he is sitting away. But he sure chugged his Formula really good today. Probaly best ive done with a bottle. Im so use to syringe. I should go get one lol
Teresa wrote:
He's very cute, but keep an eye on that bald patch on his face and neck, as it could be canker.

Pigeons usually prefer something flatter to perch on, but I've seen them perch on tree branches too, so he should be OK. It might make it easier for him to perch if the surface allowed him to get a better grip -- even something like tying a rag over the metal, or using some masking tape; it would be less cold too.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Link with info on Canker: http://www.pigeonangels.com/t238-canker-trichomoniasis

The most obvious signs in youngsters are missing feathers on the face and neck, reddened inside of mouth and/or throat, yellowish lumps visible in the mouth or throat, or that can be felt in the aesophagus or crop. These lumps can cause blockages that prevent the crop from emptying properly, causing sour crop and subsequent bacterial infections. Affected birds starve, and if they have diarrhoea as well, they can dehydrate quite quickly. Droppings, and sometimes the bird's breath, have an unpleasant smell. The baby's navel should also be checked for any swelling.
Babies shouldn't be fed if there is still some food in the crop. There are various methods for trying to get it to empty, but if they fail the baby has to be taken to a vet for a crop flush, followed by treatment with an anti-protozoan, an antibiotic and sometimes Nystatin (against yeast infections) too.

If he's got it, he will have got it from one of the parents, or even both. It would be best to get him tested by a vet, as recent strains of canker are very deadly. Lumps in the aesophagus can press against the trachea and suffocate a bird. If he needs to be treated, you'll have to treat the mother as well, otherwise they will continue re-infecting each other.
The usual meds to treat this are either Spartrix or Flagyl, or even a combination of both.

PS. If he aspirated some of the food he should have shown symptoms like we have when that happens to us -- coughing, wheezing, gasping for breath, breathing with the beak open. But it's more likely he just got some food in his nostrils. Water shouldn't be put in his nostrils, ever, not even to clean them, but a slightly damp cotton bud is good for that.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: thanks for the post of info its a good heads up   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:53 pm

THANKS! for the info. Im sure he is cool. I dont even feed him. Mother dont feed him. He eats on his own. So young too. Ive fed him lots of hemp seeds so im sure he is fine. hemps seeds prevents diseases and many many many things.

Teresa wrote:
Link with info on Canker: http://www.pigeonangels.com/t238-canker-trichomoniasis

The most obvious signs in youngsters are missing feathers on the face and neck, reddened inside of mouth and/or throat, yellowish lumps visible in the mouth or throat, or that can be felt in the aesophagus or crop. These lumps can cause blockages that prevent the crop from emptying properly, causing sour crop and subsequent bacterial infections. Affected birds starve, and if they have diarrhoea as well, they can dehydrate quite quickly. Droppings, and sometimes the bird's breath, have an unpleasant smell. The baby's navel should also be checked for any swelling.
Babies shouldn't be fed if there is still some food in the crop. There are various methods for trying to get it to empty, but if they fail the baby has to be taken to a vet for a crop flush, followed by treatment with an anti-protozoan, an antibiotic and sometimes Nystatin (against yeast infections) too.

If he's got it, he will have got it from one of the parents, or even both. It would be best to get him tested by a vet, as recent strains of canker are very deadly. Lumps in the aesophagus can press against the trachea and suffocate a bird. If he needs to be treated, you'll have to treat the mother as well, otherwise they will continue re-infecting each other.
The usual meds to treat this are either Spartrix or Flagyl, or even a combination of both.

PS. If he aspirated some of the food he should have shown symptoms like we have when that happens to us -- coughing, wheezing, gasping for breath, breathing with the beak open. But it's more likely he just got some food in his nostrils. Water shouldn't be put in his nostrils, ever, not even to clean them, but a slightly damp cotton bud is good for that.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Homie Week 4 - 6   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 pm

I have Deleted this video I displayed and remade a new one, check out www.blogspot.com/homiebird

Last edited by SplizzlahSavage on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: This is Homey Bird's First Attempt At Flying   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Cute little guy. Too bad he is going to die because you are too stubborn to take the advice of people who are experienced with pigeons.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Whatever Kid   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:02 pm

You should just focus on yourself here, Birds may not be your thing. Go grow a set of balls stop trying to harass bird owners because your too stubborn to deal with problems yourself

NiteOwl wrote:
Cute little guy. Too bad he is going to die because you are too stubborn to take the advice of people who are experienced with pigeons.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: New Video of Previous Clips,   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:00 am

I edited this video , so now you can watch Homie Bird's first month and half right on film.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels   "Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Homie Bird" Chillin Waiting for Replys On Pigeon Angels
Page 1 of 1