Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

My Baby Just Loves My Pablum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

My Baby Just Loves My Pablum Empty
PostSubject: My Baby Just Loves My Pablum   My Baby Just Loves My Pablum Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 am

Yo 5th Day now and the baby just is not getting fed by the mother!, He eats a bit on his own. And I must feed him. Mother sits beside him most of the time. Just don't understand why the baby hasn't had a full stomach. So I must feed him. Any suggestions why the mother is not feeding the baby anymore? And Is Pablum ok for Pigeons? It does not have rice in it. Rice Expands in the stomach. very bad for birds. Dangerous. Anyway thanks for the feedback.
My Baby Just Loves My Pablum 00310
Back to top Go down
http://HomeBird.BlogSpot.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: My Baby Just Loves My Pablum   My Baby Just Loves My Pablum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Perhaps the mother is not feeding him because of his age. When squeakers get to 3-4 weeks of age, parents usually stop feeding them, and they need to ba able to fend for themselves then, or else they need a little help from us. The other possibility is that parents do not feed youngsters who are very sick, but surely that isn't the case...?

As for Pablum I had no idea what that was, so I had to google it. It seems like a good idea, if you're not able to obtain hand raising formula for him, but please note that the vitamin D it contains will not be absorbed by the bird, it's only for humans. Homie will need vitamin supplements suitable for pigeons, and especially Calcium with Vitamin D3 if he's getting no direct sunlight.

Are the feathers on his face and neck growing yet?
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Hey yea hes doing well   My Baby Just Loves My Pablum Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:57 am

yeah his feathers grown, nails longer, he's quite a Dog with wings. Im hoping soon my Blog will explain his behavior in full. But you all should have a look at how he is doing now. After Vitimins and A Pigeon Angel here even gave me my first first-aids kit. Full of medications, fake eggs, gravel, I got hooked up, So did Homie Bird. Hes so happy check em out @ my Blog

New pics added here ---> [url=http:/www.homiebird.blogspot.com]Homie's Blog[/url]

Back to top Go down
http://HomeBird.BlogSpot.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: My Baby Just Loves My Pablum   My Baby Just Loves My Pablum Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:44 pm

It's great to know he's growing healthy and happy! Feeling great

Many thanks to Charis for providing you with the first aid kit, and well done to you for using it! My Baby Just Loves My Pablum 116281
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Baby Just Loves My Pablum   My Baby Just Loves My Pablum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Baby Just Loves My Pablum
Page 1 of 1