Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

My Babies First BIG Problem

Go down 
+2
Teresa
SplizzlahSavage
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Babies First BIG Problem   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh no, I've just lost a long post because my computer picked the worst time to crash... Oh no
So I'll keep it brief...

Chris, I'm so happy that you're being so positive and open, and I can promise you that both you and Homie can trust our experienced members completely! My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 142829 All we want is for Homie to have the best possible start in life, and for you to spend many happy hours in his company!

PS. I don't think anybody is going to mention the pulled feathers, that's in the past, and nobody's perfect! What matters now is the future, and today the future is looking good! Feeling great
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Re: My Babies First BIG Problem   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

You are right . But what about the big shell seeds? Like sunflower seeds? I have seen pigeon throw up sunflower seeds. Or regurgitate i should say. And he was Homie. Wasn't a adult pigeon. Oh and the Mother also regurgitated sunflower seeds. My Dad mentioned that the seed is no good because of the shells. I take shells out (sunflower seeds) and Homie is much more interested in his food, and just eats and eats.

Shells are ment to be broken. Like a cockitel beak can do to sunflowers

NiteOwl wrote:
Pigeons are supposed to eat seeds with shells on them.

As for the peas, frozen peas would be better than canned because of the salt used in the canning.
Back to top Go down
http://HomeBird.BlogSpot.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Babies First BIG Problem   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:45 pm

That's right, Chris. The peas do need to be frozen and defrosted by running them under hot water. I feed them warm and not hot so s to cause a crop burn.
With frozen, you can defrost just as many as needed rather than opening a whole can. Jay's right, the canned peas have too much salt and have lost much of their value through the canning process.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: D'oh!   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Yeah salt is bad for birds, big no no, forgot about cans having salt in them....Duhhhh

Matilda wrote:
That's right, Chris. The peas do need to be frozen and defrosted by running them under hot water. I feed them warm and not hot so s to cause a crop burn.
With frozen, you can defrost just as many as needed rather than opening a whole can. Jay's right, the canned peas have too much salt and have lost much of their value through the canning process.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Babies First BIG Problem   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:48 pm

The small sunflower seeds are okay...the black ones. The bigger sunflower seeds can cause a blockage. They do love sunflower seeds but they are more fatty and so give them as a treat.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: :D   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks, You know i was having the worst day, from 6am - now, I feel better now . And Homie will feel better soon too. Im sorry to hear about your post! i hate when that happens. Facebook does that to me all the time. I usually copy my paragraph's, Its become a force of habit anything i write i copy.

But yeah hearing everybody, ill work on some more food methods for Homie, and I also printed off 8 pages of that website i sent you about racing pigeon diet , It also has basic, and young pigeon diets, And also i printed 2 pages of pigeon diseases and treatments Happy
Future is Bright, World keeps turning!

Teresa wrote:
Oh no, I've just lost a long post because my computer picked the worst time to crash... Oh no
So I'll keep it brief...

Chris, I'm so happy that you're being so positive and open, and I can promise you that both you and Homie can trust our experienced members completely! My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 142829 All we want is for Homie to have the best possible start in life, and for you to spend many happy hours in his company!

PS. I don't think anybody is going to mention the pulled feathers, that's in the past, and nobody's perfect! What matters now is the future, and today the future is looking good! Feeling great
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Let Ya Know   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

I wasn't replying back to Pigeon Angels for a phew days. I focused on my Bird awhole lot. I been giving him daily doses of Vitamins . I do have some new Vitamins for my bird, He is acting like himself today!. I even fatted him up from how much he has been eating, I found a dove bird seed mix with White Pea looking seeds....Or peas whatever. and also These Vitimans made him jump in the air!, First day i gave them to him.

(If you want to read the mg's of each Vitamin easier. Just click image. And then right click image and go to save as. Save it into your desktop. Then open the file/image. And the middle mouse should allow you to zoom in. If not figure some way to zoom in on your computer some explorers are equipped with this function as well)

He or she...acts like a male tho. "Homie Bird" Gets vitamins with a eye dropper. (only experienced hand feeders I suggest a eye dropper). Its difficult to use. I knew this before . And from my experience Eye droppers Beats the hell out of a human baby bottle. I like the Syringe . Eye dropper may be difficult . Acts the same as a syringe in a sense. So im using a eye dropper. Water, And Pablum, Sometimes After he eats a big meal of seeds/peas. I give him just a water dose of half a c.c. (cup it gives u its very tiny) of these vitamins.

(Correction he drinks the Vitamins right from the 3oz water dish I make it in! lol)

My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Img_2010
My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Img_2012My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Img_2011
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Babies First BIG Problem   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi Chris...I'm glad Homey is doing better. Certainly the vitamins you got will help but do follow the recommended dose as over dosing can cause problems too.

The supplement I thought would be good to get is this...

http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Made-Calcium-Magnesium-Vitamin/dp/B0029O0BVS/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0

I think you can find something similar at a pharmacy that sells vitamins for humans.
The one I have contains...200 units of vitamin d3, 500mg of calcium, 250mg magnesium and 7.5mg of zinc.

For Homey I would give 1/5th of a pill everyday for 5 days and then the vitamin you got everyday there after.

I about have your kit together. I had to order some things I was nearly out of and I expect to have it in then mail to you tomorrow. I will be asked to list what is in your package and I'm going to say supplement samples for pet pigeons.
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Homie Bird   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Thank you, Yeah hes had the Vitamins every day for about lil over a week now, His beak is much stronger now, He eats like a Champion . I do have some personal pictures i would like send to you , I am still gathering them together, I work with graphics so I have alot of projects that I cleared today, Now i gotta get recent videos out, as well as pictures.

What im trying to say is, ive got some pictures I would like to share but I would like to make a video as well after i show you these pictures publicly. I can send them to you in the mail if you would like. But they are pictures of proof that he....Well he may have had or have scissor beak, Now dont be too alarmed here. the problem hasn't shown up. But i was able to actually catch a moment of the beak dislocating, Its quite the clear shot too. So i would like to send that to you to go over please and thanks

Just let me know what you think it may be. Ill send two pictures one of him present time and one when this scissor beak happened. But anyway thank you again and God Bless

Matilda wrote:
Hi Chris...I'm glad Homey is doing better. Certainly the vitamins you got will help but do follow the recommended dose as over dosing can cause problems too.

The supplement I thought would be good to get is this...

http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Made-Calcium-Magnesium-Vitamin/dp/B0029O0BVS/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0

I think you can find something similar at a pharmacy that sells vitamins for humans.
The one I have contains...200 units of vitamin d3, 500mg of calcium, 250mg magnesium and 7.5mg of zinc.

For Homey I would give 1/5th of a pill everyday for 5 days and then the vitamin you got everyday there after.

I about have your kit together. I had to order some things I was nearly out of and I expect to have it in then mail to you tomorrow. I will be asked to list what is in your package and I'm going to say supplement samples for pet pigeons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Babies First BIG Problem   My Babies First BIG Problem - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Babies First BIG Problem
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3