Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:12 am

I think that the dimorphic species are only some species of doves, not pigeons, so that doesn't help us.

As for same-sex pairings, I had mentioned before that hens can form a relationship. Hens only lay eggs when they are in love, so they can lay eggs without mating. I have two females that have always been inseparable, and they both lay eggs.
On the other hand, a hen can mate with a male, but if she isn't attracted to him she will not lay eggs.

Pigeons are more complicated than most people think, and they definitely have feelings! Smile That's why I couldn't help but admire the decision of the breeder who wouldn't split his couples -- obviously he understands them well. Pigeons have been seen to suffer a lot when they are separated from their mates.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello Arch: Just an update. My contact in our hometown is in Lala. Do you think you can travel there if there would be an available hen? It's only an hour travel. But I am still waiting for his contact info then I will forward to you so that you two can communicate directly.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:23 pm

technocactus wrote:
Hello Arch: Just an update. My contact in our hometown is in Lala. Do you think you can travel there if there would be an available hen? It's only an hour travel. But I am still waiting for his contact info then I will forward to you so that you two can communicate directly.
Thank You circling YOU rock
Back to top Go down
ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Ms.Teresa. Sorry for the delayed reply ma'am. I think i can go there in Lala. I've always been passing through that area without staying there. But i don't have any friends there and the idea makes me a total stranger. I wish i knew someone who lives in that place.

And... ahmm... I think i'm having a second thought on swapping my male pidgy with a hen. I'm starting to love my Cromus. He is the most meticulous pigeon i've ever seen/known. I am always amused by his bathing rituals. He becomes more like the king of their bathtub. He loves his feathers so much that he would rather stay in the water for long, more than the other pigeons do. He stayed in the water for almost 15minutes and keeps on taking a quick head soaking and splashing waters almost everywhere til' the water level runs too low that he couldn't throw splashes anymore. I had to refill the tub until he becomes satisfied. He loves swimming in the tub while other pigeons watch him.

If I had been given a supernatural ability to hear and understand the pigeons' voice, i might probably hear Gaddo's comment on Cromus' water madness. He would probably say "What the heck is he doing. He's acting like a Duck". And Dhanna would reply "Nope, I think he's a Swan from the inside". And as for Brawlie, i might hear him say "On the contrary, he looks like a Goose to me".

The other pigeons usually take a bath every other day but Cromus is different, he wants to take a bath on a daily bases during his afternoon session. Meticulous indeed.

I haven't decided though, as to swap him or not. I'm still very indecisive about my Cromus. Yet i want to know the exact address of your contact Ms.Teresa. Just in case. I would prefer the address to be sent as a PM for the privacy of your contact. Thanks a lot ma'am.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:57 pm

KEEP HIM!!!! I know how that feels. Mine, at first I was even advertising them to get adopted out. But after just a few weeks, I could not afford to let them go anymore. I love it/them They are just adorable I love it/them I love it/them
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Just get him a partner instead. If you really want to go to Lala, let me know. That's my baluarte (territory) That's too funny .
Back to top Go down
ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Ok Techno, I'll just buy him a mate. Same as my Brawlie, i'll buy lady pidgies for the both of them.
I am still very interested in going to Lala to check out the pigeon community in that area. I'll always love watching white pigeons walking, feeding, bathing,cooing and flying all around. Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 23878 I am always blessed Circle of Love by their presence..

And by the way...
Techno, im a Nurse. The "Arch" that i used as part of my Forum name was simply derived from the word Pigeon angel "Archangel", a guardian from above. Heehehe. Being an architect sounds cool though. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Archangel is cool! Great job
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Arch: Sorry, I haven't heard back from my friend yet. I don't know what's going on with him. I PMd you, you did not reply.....
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 am

Sorry Arch: Below message is all I got from my friend. Do you know V. Gov. Oaminal?

"naa koy na info.about breeder sa pijeon. wa may mga name. wa say contact #. pero. dali rani toltolon. naa daw ga breed dha sa ozamis. tapad jud daw sa residence ni henry oaminal..ang uban. naa dri sa kolambugan. apilyedo ug alvendar, cabatanya, ug somontan...taga ozamis man tong imo kaila.. ipa suroy ning mga apilidoha. mga inila sab ni sa kolambugan. pa try lang ni pay,

Back to top Go down
ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Sorry Techno for not responding early..

I was out for a couple of weeks and now
I am here in manila to join the Phil. Coast Guard.. It's been a while since i had my last contact on the internet. And the first thing that i do is to check out what's goin' on in this forum. In fact, i just logged in.

Some of these names that you've mention are quite influential (political that is). I'll try to seek them out and hear from them after succeeding here, in becoming a coastguard.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Ow good for you. I wish you the best. BUT, who's gonna take care of your pijs?
Back to top Go down
ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

ArchPigeoGuard Maldz

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:21 am

thanks Tech. And don't worry about my pidgies. they are practically safe under my younger sister's hands. And by the way Ms. Teresa. I still didn't find an accurate way of distinguishing male from female yet my couple Gaddo and his honey Dhanna have FINALLY had their very First 2 eggs. But it's quite depressing to find out that one of their baby got "Stolen and Eaten" by an old RAT. One day,I woke up early, and so excited to check again my pidgies' eggs on it's second day after being laid, when one of it got missing from its nest. I can see Dhanna and Gaddo both standing outside their nest so Shocked, Frustrated and seemed Angry for failing to protect one of their egg from a MindLESS RAT. i tried to track it down and all i found was my pidgie egg's remains (egg shell fragments scattered near the RAThole,, which seemed to be bored just recently at the back of my Lofty Flycage. Both Gaddo and Dhanna got depressed that they didn't sit on the egg that was left behind (survived) for almost " 2 days". Good thing Dhanna recovered its mood on the "THIRD" day and moved on. She started to care for the last egg. And finally his husband Gaddo was convinced on the 10th day that All hope was not lost. That there is still one egg left and needs his attention as a father., Gaddo suffered a great depression for " 10days " for losing one of his child, that he tries to neglect/ ignore his wife Dhanna's attention. Gaddo secludes himself away from Dhanna and away from every other pigeons in my flycage for that LONG. He must have blamed himself for that Catastrophe.

Good thing Dhanna encourage him to wake up out from sadness by showing to his husband that the last egg is still their child. and is alive and needs some love and attention. At that instance, Gaddo started Switching place with Dhanna, taking their turn in sitting on their last Hope.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..   Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Well done on joining the coastguard, I hope it all goes very well for you!
But I'm sorry that a rat took one of your pigeons' eggs. When you have a chance, you will need to make the pigeons' enclosure rat-proof, as rats can attack pigeons and kill them, it's not just the eggs! Serious EEK!! And rat droppings in the area where pigeons live transmit Salmonella to the pigeons, which is a serious disease and gets passed on to the eggs, killing the babies, sometimes before they are born.
Back to top Go down

Sexing/Gender identification of >>WHITE<< pigeons..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2