Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Need help with fledgeling woody

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joy01

Need help with fledgeling woody Empty
PostSubject: Need help with fledgeling woody   Need help with fledgeling woody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi

Yesterday morning I reversed out of my drive and saw a small woody hunched up where my car had been. It couldnt fly and I didnt see any parents or adult birds around. There are no nests within walking distance so have no idea where its come from. I have taken it in as there are loads of cats in the area including my own and a sparrowhawk.

The baby is fully feathered apart from the odd bit of fluff. We tried it out on the garden yesterday but it just runs and doesnt seem to be able to take off.
Its in the cat carrier with some seed and water and seems to be thriving. It hates me and beats me with its wings when I put my hand in the carrier and tries to peck me if I dont take my hand out.

I have called the RSPCA and they said the would come pick it up, but they havent.
I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Does anyone know of a rescue that I could take it to or come and pick it up. I think if it was in with some other fledgelings for a couple of weeks it would be fine to be released.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Need help with fledgeling woody   Need help with fledgeling woody Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Joy01,

Thank you for your concern for the little youngster! I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, my computer has been away for repairs.
Here's a link to a UK map of friendly sanctuaries and rehabbers, I hope it helps!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=212002369494586128414.0004979ec2f991c84f306&ll=51.713416%2C-3.120117&spn=5.283419%2C11.271973&source=embed

Did the RSPCA turn up eventually? I hope the little woodie is OK and would love an update! Smile
Back to top Go down
Joy01

PostSubject: Re: Need help with fledgeling woody   Need help with fledgeling woody Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The RSPCA did turn up eventually and took the fiesty birdy away. I hope its ok !
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Need help with fledgeling woody   Need help with fledgeling woody Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks for the update, Joy! Please let us know if there is any news! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with fledgeling woody   Need help with fledgeling woody Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with fledgeling woody
Page 1 of 1