Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

First night in the Loft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

First night in the Loft Empty
PostSubject: First night in the Loft   First night in the Loft Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Some of you may remember Rags, our Squeaker rescue from Providence R.I. Well, he's been in the house since June 24 when we brought him home. I started bringing him into the loft to visit, then eventually started leaving him there for a couple of hours on his own. Well, tonight was his first night to stay in the loft. I want him to have a nest box of his own, and my birds always give the newcomers a hard time about claiming a box. So, I decided to lock him in one at night, and during the day, until I get home. Then I'll let him out. This way, I'm hoping that he'll come to see the box as his, and claim it. Also, no matter where I put him, one of the other birds is going to object. We call the structure he's in The Condo. I built it for Sammy when the others were chasing him out of the boxes on the other side of the room. The only problem is that now Sammy thinks of the whole Condo as his, and wants no one else in it. It has three boxes, and if he had his way, he'd claim all of them. I know it's ridiculous, but I feel like a Mom who just sent her child to the first day of kindergarten. I always feel this way. He isn't used to the loft at night, and I miss him perched on my shoulder at the computer. He's all set up with feed and water, and a perch inside the box, so he'll be okay, but Sammy is having a fit about him being in the Condo. When Samson and Delilah went into the loft, I built a nest box OVER the Condo, but I'm running out of wall space, as we have so many windows in the loft. This'll be fun until everyone adjusts. NOT!
This is Sammy, wondering what the heck that bird iis doing in his building.

First night in the Loft FirstNightintheLoft012

First night in the Loft FirstNightintheLoft017
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: First night in the Loft   First night in the Loft Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:44 pm

What a cute pictue of Sammy trying to figure it all out. He seems quite puzzled. First night in the Loft 106767
So this night everthing changed for little Rags.
That's a good way to introduce them all to each other when you can't supervise...look but no touch. Way to go
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: First night in the Loft   First night in the Loft Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Yes. I'm not ready to leave him out there loose when I'm not around. Although, I have seen him defending himself or his peanuts with wingslaps and defensive little noises. So cute this one is. I'm such a mother hen. I know. Can't help it. I just love them all. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First night in the Loft   First night in the Loft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First night in the Loft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Pets-
Jump to: