Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Advice on European Community Law, please

Go down 
+5
Lapalomatriste
pigeonwriter
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:10 am

Your letter is right on, Teresa. Smile
I've just got a couple things to add.
Great job Way To Go Star quality YOU rock
You definitely have Pigeon angel power.

Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 am

You are exactly right Petra.
Such a sad state of affairs this world is in. Disappointed
So much hatred. So little compassion. Very sad
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:19 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Your letter is right on, Teresa. Smile
I've just got a couple things to add.
Great job Way To Go Star quality YOU rock
You definitely have Pigeon angel power.Please keep us posted.

You got it Teresa...your letter is brillant. ...this is a cruel situation for native birds. Keep at it...others will eventually jump on your band wagon and help you. You do have us and we will send you all the positive energy we can muster.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:26 am

People are quick to decry bad animal welfare in China and other countries of this world but they lack to decry the injustice and cruelty put on pets and other living creatures right in front of them.

This is such a good point, Petra.

To be honest - I am very depressed. This takes me down completely because people can be so incredibly inhuman. But then people who torture animals are torturing their own kind also. So I think the only thing we can actually do is trying to reduce the pain in front of our own homes and neighbourhood from case to case.

I struggle with this all the time. All we can do is our best by taking on those situations that are placed in our path. That's one of the things I love about this site...each of us do that in our own way...none of us are the kind of humans that will turn away when we are needed. With all this amazing energy...the strength of each other...just imagine what we can pull off?! Group hug
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:36 am

Oh, Teresa...I have added...CRAZY PIGEON PERSON, to my many credits and titles. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:28 am

Teresa, you are on the right track...bravo for being able to take up this cause and fight it out. Please keep us posted on how it goes...get really teary eyed thinking that we have to fight so much just to provide clean drinking water to birds? What kind of world are we all in? It's sick Seeing red/mad

Matilda wrote:
I have added...CRAZY PIGEON PERSON, to my many credits and titles. Happy Dance

ROTFL That fits you just right
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 am

spdevanand wrote:
Teresa, you are on the right track...bravo for being able to take up this cause and fight it out. Please keep us posted on how it goes...get really teary eyed thinking that we have to fight so much just to provide clean drinking water to birds? What kind of world are we all in? It's sick Seeing red/mad

Matilda wrote:
I have added...CRAZY PIGEON PERSON, to my many credits and titles. Happy Dance

ROTFL That fits you just right

Dev...it fits you now too...CRAZY PIGEON PERSON! :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:51 am

ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 am

YOU rock Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 514260 Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 514260 Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 514260 Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 514260 YOU rock

Thank you all so much for your continued help and support.
Petra, you are so right! Feral pigeons, as the Portuguese saying goes, are neither this nor that, but quite the contrary! They fall through the mesh of the safety nets that protect pets and wildlife. That's why I worded my e-mail carefully, to emphasise the losses to the protected species.
There's also the added problem that feral pigeons are considered pests in less enlightened circles. But WE know which circle we belong to... Circle of Love ! And I have to believe that each one of us can make a difference, one person at a time, one pigeon at a time.

It's been a quiet day on the battle front, taken up with work, caring for a terminal patient, and mundane chores. But after feeding my menagerie and taking more water to the park, I'll be putting my Crazy Pigeon Person hat back on -- and I'll wear it with pride!

PS. Language is not a barrier! I can handle any input in FranƧais, EspaƱol or Italiano.
(Hey, it's THE UNITED COLOURS OF PIGEONDOM !!!) Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 am

Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 514260 ...all unite! Great job

Hmmm I sense a new club...The Crazy Pigeon People Club! YESS!! Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:40 am

Teresa,
you make me smile again and I am proud to be part of the Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 514260 club Really cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 am

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:44 pm

I see you all found the most recent addition to our smiley list. LOL
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:41 am

I got an automated reply to my e-mail to SPEA saying they're on holiday from July 31st to Aug. 17th.
Nice to know there's a time of year when birds don't need protection... Heaven help me
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:45 am

Stay on them. If you don't have a real responce by the 18th, send your letter again. That's what I would do.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:32 pm

Any up dates Teresa?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:23 pm

I sent the letter again yesterday.
I had also contacted the Town Hall and they haven't replied yet either.

PETA seem to be one of the few organizations that take an interest in pigeons, but they're in the US, too far to help tip the balance.

It seems Holland is leading in Europe in terms of feral protection. I've made a note about their public lofts as an example of how it can be done.

Hope my rescuees get better quick and leave me a little more time to pursue this.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:46 pm

It wouldn't hurt to contact PETA...you never know.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 am

Teresa,
I was just thinking, perhaps PICAS, UK might be able to help in some way or direct you to someone who can.
Here's a link. It's to their facebook, but contact info is there.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gosport-United-Kingdom/Pigeon-Control-Advisory-Service-PiCAS-UK/27667080066

If I recall correctly, Guy Merchant is the gentleman who founded PICAS UK.
A few years ago, I worked with Leslie Wilson, founder of PICAS, USA, who worked directly with Guy to get PICAS USA started.

This might be another contact you can utilize.

Last edited by Fancyfeathers on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:19 am

What a great idea, Cindy. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Thank you so much for the link, Cindy! Thanks
I will certainly use it in the next couple of days!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:25 pm

You're most welcome. Smile
I hope it proves to be beneficial.
Please do keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Update -- Good news!   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Would you believe I was just finishing a very long post here when I got kicket out?! :Rolling eyes:
So I'd better write this one quickly...

SEIZE THE DAY JUGULAR:

This morning I spent ages changing my image to 'Mrs. Acceptable' (the typical well-to-do-liberal-professional-Portuguese-woman) and went straight to the Town Hall. I asked to see my esteemed colleague the Environmental Engineer and asked about pigeon legislation. She told me all there was to know about them, said Senior Engineer Pina was still on holiday, but Engineer Valter would be in at 2pm, and gave me their direct line number.

At 2 o'clock I went back and got to see the man. He was very nice and very chatty, in favour of humane bird population control and a decent standard of life for city pigeons. He doesn't agree with his boss that water containers should be removed from the park, and promised to find out what's in the cards for pigeons and keep me posted. One ally!
Happy Dance
Later I phoned my veterinary clinic and asked for an appointment with the senior partner, who is also the Municipal Vet. It got scheduled for 7pm tomorrow.

AN INCREDIBLE STROKE OF LUCK:

At 9pm, after taking my dog for a walk I stopped at my local chemist's, who were on night duty, to tell the lads the recent developments... and in walks the Municipal Vet!!!!! As you can guess, I laid siege to the man until he'd answered all my questions. He looked genuinely surprised when I told him about the water problem, and said that withholding the birds' drinking water was inhumane and NOT an acceptable way of controlling their population! Another ally!
Happy Dance

I'll be going back to the Town Hall to see Eng. Pina. He's now in a minority of one, so he'd better change his mind... or he'll be PiƱata! Heaven help me
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:38 pm

YESS!!
WAY TO GO, Teresa. Great job
YOU rock the world and shake up the Town Hall!! Celebrate Happy Dance Happy Dance
pigeon 1 pigeon 1 pigeon 1 pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:00 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on European Community Law, please   Advice on European Community Law, please - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on European Community Law, please
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Animal Advocacy-
Jump to: