Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

"Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons

Go down 
+3
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
Jenaka
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

"Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Empty
PostSubject: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:56 pm

I just read an article about this person on CNN Blogger gets fired

It said in the article she has a hatred for pigeons so I had to look at her blog. thatschurch I would have left a comment but comments were turned off.

I'd like to know why this person would have such hatred for an innocent animal. It always strikes me as illogical, a result of ignorance at best. Sure, people have their favorite animals and animals they dislike or perhaps have a fear of. I'm not a real dog person but I don't hate them and I certainly would never promote hurting them. Some animals are very dangerous, and while they are only doing what nature intended, I could understand why someone would say they hated it. But to hate a pigeon so? Maybe a pigeon attacked her, or a friend or family member?? More likely it's something petty like one pooped on her car. People can be so petty. :For Shame: I get the feeling some people say they hate pigeons because they have heard other people say they do, like being a member of the pigeon hating club makes them cool. This person probably thinks her writing about her hatred of pigeons makes her sound witty. I haven't had time yet, but if anyone finds out why this person hates pigeons let me know. Maybe if this person would come to this site she'd learn a thing or two. I get the impression she's not as smart as she thinks she is. Seeing red/mad
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Holy Sheep!! :WHAT?:
It doesn't seem like she's even giving them a chance. :For Shame:
You can locate her on facebook. I don't do facebook, twitter, MySpace, etc., so my message wouldn't go through.

It would be great if she could be located and at the very least just take a look at our site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:17 pm

[quote="Jenaka"]I just read an article about this person on CNN Blogger gets fired

It said in the article she has a hatred for pigeons so I had to look at her blog. thatschurch I would have left a comment but comments were turned off.

I'd like to know why this person would have such hatred for an innocent animal. It always strikes me as illogical, a result of ignorance at best. Sure, people have their favorite animals and animals they dislike or perhaps have a fear of. I'm not a real dog person but I don't hate them and I certainly would never promote hurting them. Some animals are very dangerous, and while they are only doing what nature intended, I could understand why someone would say they hated it. But to hate a pigeon so? Maybe a pigeon attacked her, or a friend or family member?? More likely it's something petty like one pooped on her car. People can be so petty. :For Shame: I get the feeling some people say they hate pigeons because they have heard other people say they do, like being a member of the pigeon hating club makes them cool. This person probably thinks her writing about her hatred of pigeons makes her sound witty. I haven't had time yet, but if anyone finds out why this person hates pigeons let me know. Maybe if this person would come to this site she'd learn a thing or two. I get the impression she's not as smart as she thinks she is. Seeing red/mad[/quote]

I agree. Let's all contact her.
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:17 pm

I found one place on her blog I could post. I have a Twitter account but I can't figure out how to use it yet. Embarassed My name there is Sashara and my bio is pigeon lover and advocate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:51 pm

All the people who have anger management issues need scapegoats, and cowards prefer scapegoats that wouldn't hurt a fly. It's safe enough for bullies to say they hate pigeons, because they have so few official friends and protectors, and indeed many people consider them pests. That makes them a soft target for bullying cowards.
I don't think it's unintelligent people who hate pigeons, I think it's damaged people who crave empowerment and exhibit gratuitous violence so long as they themselves are in no danger of getting hurt for it; in fact, they may even pick up a few equally damaged allies on the way. Such people will not come round to our way of thinking, and always dish out the worst kind of abusive language. Unless someone provokes me beyond the point of no return, I'd rather ignore them -- nothing rattles them more than disdain.
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 pm

I don't think she's unintelligent. I think that her bias against pigeons is probably caused by ignorance. Prejudice often is. I also believe that some people copy others bad behavior or beliefs because they think they'll fit in somehow by doing so. That's how the rats with wings thing became so popular. It's a phrase from a movie by a popular writer/director. People thought it was witty and used it and it spreads and becomes commonplace. Pigeon kicking is another one. There was a pigeon trapped in a store here recently. A kid walking by said to his mother Hey there's a pigeon! I'm going to go kick it! Seeing red/mad He probably saw that on the internet or heard it from a friend perhaps. That type of thing won't go away on it's own. The kid's mother could have explained why that would have been a mean thing to do but didn't. Next time he probably will kick a pigeon. Sometimes it's better to speak up.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Oh my goodness, yes! I totally agree with you that cruel actions need to be stopped and we shouldn't be deterred from trying to win over and educate people. I only advocate ignoring those who are just SAYING very nasty things to get attention. I would never stand by and watch someone hurt any animal!
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:08 am

Teresa wrote:
All the people who have anger management issues need scapegoats, and cowards prefer scapegoats that wouldn't hurt a fly. It's safe enough for bullies to say they hate pigeons, because they have so few official friends and protectors, and indeed many people consider them pests. That makes them a soft target for bullying cowards.
I don't think it's unintelligent people who hate pigeons, I think it's damaged people who crave empowerment and exhibit gratuitous violence so long as they themselves are in no danger of getting hurt for it; in fact, they may even pick up a few equally damaged allies on the way. Such people will not come round to our way of thinking, and always dish out the worst kind of abusive language. Unless someone provokes me beyond the point of no return, I'd rather ignore them -- nothing rattles them more than disdain.

I must admit I completely agree with Teresa here. The only action necessary would be when you actually see somone tormenting an animal. Verbally these people are all the same. It is completely useless to try to educate them - they are ignorant, stubborn and if you react to such crazy you are only fuelling their hatred because the only thing these people want is reaction in any way - the more negative the better. It is the same behaviour as that of nazi pigs or any other people who promote violence and negate tolerance. It is not important what the subject is, pigeons may be really just used as an incidental target. Maybe she is simply frustrated, left by a boyfriend or husband - you can never know and I don't actually care.

I wouldn't waste a single minute on trying to contact her or read her crazy - my experience tells me so. The best way is really to ignore or - as CNN did best - cut her off from publishing and notify the appropriate people such as blog administrators/web providers if she starts again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:29 pm

This person has been discussed on a few other pigeon forums. She was recently hired by Pittsburgh magazine. An attorney involved with animal issues is organizing a boycott. Here's the information and email addresses for anyone interested in participating.

To: marketing@zamagias. com; press@marvin. com; corporatebankingpa@ dollarbank. com; privatebankingpa@ dollarbank. com; info@fcbanking. comconcierge; concierge@sewickley spa.com; mthresher@rockhall. org
Subject: Pittsburgh Magazine
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:29:55 +0000

Dear Marketing Director:

Recently, Pittsburgh Magazine announced that it will be publishing a column by Virginia Montanez, formerly known as "PittGirl." In her column, Ms. Montanez frequently advocates for animal cruelty against urban wildlife. As a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and animal-lover, I find the Magazine's decision to hire her and provide a mainstream platform for this hate speech reprehensible. Therefore, I am organizing a boycott against anyone who advertises on Pittsburgh Magazine's Web site until she is fired. I hope that this will motivate you to discontinue advertising in the Magazine.

Thank you,

Lori Barrett, Esq.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:20 am

Jenaka wrote:
This person has been discussed on a few other pigeon forums. She was recently hired by Pittsburgh magazine.

This is a whole new kettle of fish! When you first posted this I thought hers was just a private blog, another rant. But when such a person is given a public platform to vent her irrational hate, then I think something has to be done.
I looked at her blog, and by clicking on 'contact me' I was able to send her an e-mail. Here's the text of it:

Dear Ms. Montanez,

I don't know how you can say you love sick kids and hate pigeons beyond imagination.
Love is love, whether for innocent kids or innocent birds. I can only presume that what you have is a phobia, and you should look inside yourself for the answer to that problem, or else seek conselling.
Either way, I would urge you to stop dishing out your psychosis on the public. It is offensive and disgusting to those who love all forms of innocent life.
Yours sincerely,

Teresa.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:51 am

Teresa wrote:
Jenaka wrote:
This person has been discussed on a few other pigeon forums. She was recently hired by Pittsburgh magazine.

This is a whole new kettle of fish!

When you first posted this I thought hers was just a private blog, another rant.

But when such a person is given a public platform to vent her irrational hate, then I think something has to be done.

I looked at her blog, and by clicking on 'contact me' I was able to send her an e-mail. Here's the text of it:

Dear Ms. Montanez,

I don't know how you can say you love sick kids and hate pigeons beyond imagination.
Love is love, whether for innocent kids or innocent birds. I can only presume that what you have is a phobia, and you should look inside yourself for the answer to that problem, or else seek conselling.
Either way, I would urge you to stop dishing out your psychosis on the public. It is offensive and disgusting to those who love all forms of innocent life.
Yours sincerely,

Teresa.
"Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons 121820 with you 100% Teresa.
We all need to follow suit of Lori Barrett, esq.

Your 'note' was top notch, as usual. "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons 373866

And on behalf of all pigeons "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons 23878 thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 am

Teresa wrote:
Jenaka wrote:

This is a whole new kettle of fish! When you first posted this I thought hers was just a private blog, another rant. But when such a person is given a public platform to vent her irrational hate, then I think something has to be done.

Dear Ms. Montanez,

Yours sincerely,

Teresa.

Teresa...I couldn't have said it better. Way To Go Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:18 am

Well, there are mentally handicapped persons in every society. Usually the fault is in the family or society itself.
Friend of mine, intelligent woman with university degree goes crazy when sees feather. Her parents was scaring her and threatening her with feathers. She is over 40 now and deformed for life. I was called once in emergency to go and rescue her from baby sparrow that got lost and entered her house. She does not hate birds though.

Sad think is when society gives sick people opportunity to become a model for young generation.

Quote :

This is what really scares me. And this is what really we should fight.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:35 am

plamenh wrote:
Well, there are mentally handicapped persons in every society. Usually the fault is in the family or society itself.
Friend of mine, intelligent woman with university degree goes crazy when sees feather. Her parents was scaring her and threatening her with feathers. She is over 40 now and deformed for life. I was called once in emergency to go and rescue her from baby sparrow that got lost and entered her house. She does not hate birds though.

Sad think is when society gives sick people opportunity to become a model for young generation.

Quote :

This is what really scares me. And this is what really we should fight.

I so agree, plamenh.
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Any updates regarding this person?

Hopefully, she has been fired.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Birdbarn wrote:

I haven't heard anything.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:03 pm

Birdbarn wrote:

Nope! Worse luck...
http://www.wqed.org/mag/columns/pittgirl/2009/1009-steelers-football.php
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:20 pm

YUK
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Have you noticed the design on her T-shirt, with a weasel in a pigeon costume? What would I give to see a pitbull in a Pittgirl costume! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:50 pm

That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Teresa wrote:
Birdbarn wrote:

Nope! Worse luck...

I just clicked this link. She's wearing a plaid shirt now. Maybe they made her change it?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Jenaka wrote:
Teresa wrote:
Birdbarn wrote:

Nope! Worse luck...

I just clicked this link. She's wearing a plaid shirt now. Maybe they made her change it?

That's quite likely, given the complaints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons   "Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Pittgirl" and a hatred for pigeons
Page 1 of 1