Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Moulting Season . . .

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Moulting Season . . . Empty
PostSubject: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:25 pm

My guys are in their moulting season and I find it interesting that they all moult LOTS except for Rae Charles.
It shouldn't make a difference that she's a feral checker and the others and white fancy and their offspring,
but she sure doesn't make the mess like they do. Right on

Anyone else have birds where one or two moult more than another?

Last edited by Fancyfeathers on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Oh yes,
the funny thing is that some are always looking awful and some are still keeping a nice plumage. I wonder why. F.e. our Joey looks each year like a little vulture - terrible and totally rotten just like this - although this is Winnie and not Joey - but similar:

Moulting Season . . . 0928indpar0040

I always had to refrain from laughing because if you laugh they feel offended... :WHAT?:
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Oh my goodness! Bless they're hearts.
Mine have never looked that 'moulty'. Well, actually, little dove comes close to it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:11 pm

You know what . . .
I just took another look at your picture, Petra, and it's really a great one showing how the feathers come back in.
The layering especially. Moulting Season . . . 142829

Star quality learning tool. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:42 am

Thank you Cindy I love it/them ,
I have lots and lots of more of these pics actually. Each time when I see them I have to That's too funny because it looks so funny - especially when they addtionally puff up their plumage and the "moulting" parts are spared - that looks so strange.
Some of them have hardly any tail feathers any more or they are so ragged that I often wonder how they manage to fly and navigate at all Moulting Season . . . 106767
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
My guys are in their moulting season and I find it interesting that they all moult LOTS except for Rae Charles.
It shouldn't make a difference that she's a feral checker and the others and white fancy and their offspring,
but she sure doesn't make the mess like they do. Right on

Anyone else have birds where one or two moult more than another?

Maybe that Ray Charles could learn from Petrie.. LOL because he sure does make a BIG ole' mess... Heaven help me Actually all of ours except the doves are either going through their moult or just finished... Journey looks like the picture above... Maybe after his new feathers come in ...Willow will except him as her mate! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:13 pm

LOL

You should all see Sweet Pea! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Every morning our patio looks like a couple kids had a 'feather' pillow fight. :That\\\'s so f

Sure as the world, just when I get some gathered to put in the trash either Sadie or Dumpling will fly across the aviary and there goes my neat pile of feathers, free flying everywhere. :WHAT?:

I can just tell they are all saying YESS!! we got her again. :For Shame: Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Every morning our patio looks like a couple kids had a 'feather' pillow fight. :That\\\'s so f

Sure as the world, just when I get some gathered to put in the trash either Sadie or Dumpling will fly across the aviary and there goes my neat pile of feathers, free flying everywhere. :WHAT?:

I can just tell they are all saying YESS!! we got her again. :For Shame: Happy Dance

Ha!Ha!Ha! ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:

Ha!Ha!Ha! ROFLOL!!!!! I agree That is EXACTLY what we say when we open the bird room in the morning...... Its like a BOMB of fluff!! boom boom
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Landy made a huge feather ball out of all that she found. it's really quite beautiful!...A feathered Angel ball. Moulting Season . . . 116281 Star quality
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi Jenn, Hi there/Bye
It's great to see you. Happy Dance
I hope all is going well in your neck of the woods desert.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Matilda wrote:

Landy made a huge feather ball out of all that she found. it's really quite beautiful!...A feathered Angel ball. Moulting Season . . . 116281 Star quality

Landy's feathered angel ball is beautiful. Moulting Season . . . 142829

I have 4 - 9" x 6" x 2" stackable containers full of 'specially selected' molted feathers that I've gathered from my guys. Oh brother

I keep thinking there has got to be something I can do with them. Moulting Season . . . 106767
I just can't throw them away. :eek:
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:22 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

I have 4 - 9" x 6" x 2" stackable containers full of 'specially selected' molted feathers that I've gathered from my guys. Oh brother

I keep thinking there has got to be something I can do with them. Moulting Season . . . 106767
I just can't throw them away. :eek:

High 5 - just the same - oh my I am keeping them in a glass jar - I think I could create several pijjies from those feathers - I also kept the colourful tiny ones in a different jar, those wonderful metallic neck and collar feathers.

Hmmm - maybe I should sew them an additional winter coat when the temperatures are going down again??? Idea/thought or some bedspreads for their nest ??? Idea/thought
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 am

pigeonwriter wrote:

High 5 - just the same - oh my I am keeping them in a glass jar - I think I could create several pijjies from those feathers -

* I also kept the colourful tiny ones in a different jar, those wonderful metallic neck and collar feathers.

Hmmm -
** maybe I should sew them an additional winter coat when the temperatures are going down again??? Idea/thought or some bedspreads for their nest ??? Idea/thought

* Three of my containers have white feathers. Small, med and large. The forth one has Blueberry, Beautiful and Little Dove's 'colorful' feathers.
I would love to have a few of the metallic feathers. My guys don't 'grow' them. Disappointed

** That's a great idea. Happy Dance
They would be the most envied pijies in Munich. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:03 pm

OH--- I am so glad you all keep yours!! Here I thought I WAS a Moulting Season . . . 514260 !!! No idea what may become of them, But we collect most of them!!! Petrie is starting to get his BIG boy Plumage... With all the beautiful colors.... Right on

Mad And "This neck of the desert" is STILL........ total loony HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have become big fans of going to the POOL! Laughing
I am really ready to be able to walk outside without Moulting Season . . . 44767 sweating... :lol!:
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:17 pm

I think it got to 114 here today. Very sad
I got an Idea/thought Let's move to PORTLAND, OR!!!
I hear there are some pretty awesome people living there. My nephew being one of them. Happy Dance
Moulting Season . . . 106767 Let's see . . . who is the other person. Oh yeah!! Charis. Celebrate Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey...I like that idea, Cindy. I don't think it got any warmer than 65 today.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Matilda wrote:
Hey...I like that idea, Cindy. I don't think it got any warmer than 65 today.

I have NO idea WHAT??????? 65 degrees! Moulting Season . . . 373410 I think in another 2 MONTHS it will be 65 here! Happy Dance

I am ALWAYS teasing Charis, that I'd move in her chicken coop, That's too funny So get my cot all set up, at 65 degrees; nutter It's more than tempting!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Pack your wagon, girl and come to the land of opportunity! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moulting Season . . .   Moulting Season . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moulting Season . . .
Page 1 of 1