Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

No rest for the wicked

Go down 
+14
Jackie\'s Mom
priya
EgypSwiftLady
jamy
Capuccino
plamenh
AZJourney
Dolly
Jenaka
Cynthia
Matilda
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:50 pm

She is beautiful, Teresa. I love it/them

You're most welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Teresa..........Dido is a beautiful cat. I'm sure glad the vet was able to give him some relief. Sure you didn't need the additional vet bills, but as we all realize it goes with the territoy of having multiple pets.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to your new rescue Jet. I assume you're going along with the usual protocall of Flagyl,plus Baytril, plus Nystatin. If you have any of the Spartrix left that I sent you, I would give him one tablet of that as well to get the ball rolling against the canker.

Please keep us posted.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:24 am

Jet didn't make it through the night, poor little thing. Very sad
Another heartbreaking case of canker far too advanced to treat...
Fly free, my sweet! pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 am

I'm so sorry, Teresa.
Very sad

Dear sweet Jet,
May you forever fly high and fly free.

pigeon 1 Pigeon angel pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Thank you, Cindy! I'm sure he's up there with our guardian angels. Pigeon angel Cute Dove Pigeon angel

The cats are all much better, but Piper seems unhappy with her nest for some reason, and keeps laying eggs on the grating at the bottom of her cage -- and they fall through and break. I suspect they feel the nest is too exposed. Hmmm I think I'll cover at least part of it and see if that works.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Teresa wrote:
Thank you, Cindy! I'm sure he's up there with our guardian angels. Pigeon angel Cute Dove Pigeon angel

The cats are all much better, but Piper seems unhappy with her nest for some reason, and keeps laying eggs on the grating at the bottom of her cage -- and they fall through and break. I suspect they feel the nest is too exposed. Hmmm I think I'll cover at least part of it and see if that works.

YESS!! on the cat report.

It's very possible Piper feels her nest is to 'public'.
Keep us posted on how things go.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:27 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Teresa wrote:

* Strophe didn't want to go out today, but she invited all her pals in, cause when I came into the room there were five of them in here! Strophe was watching them cautiously from the top of the bookshelf! That's too funny

Sammy and Pippin have new fittings, including a longer seed container instead of 2 individual ones (so they can both eat together at the same time), a gravity water container instead of one of the small ones, and a four-poster nest big enough for two! Tickled Pink They seem to like the changes! I'll upload new photos as soon as I've emptied my hard disk a bit -- it's full to bursting and I risk losing data if I don't play safe...

I love it!! No rest for the wicked - Page 34 321758
Can hardly wait to see Sammy and Pippin's new digs, especially that 4 poster nest, big enough for two. YESS!!

Well, here it is:

No rest for the wicked - Page 34 DSCNB7589-r600

And this is the new food dish and the gravity water container -- well secured to the cage, so Sammy can't tip it! Tickled Pink

No rest for the wicked - Page 34 DSCNB7588-r500
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:42 am

Sammy and Piper's new 4 poster 'nest' is absolutely wonderful. I love it/them Great job
A true little 'Pigeon Palace'. Thrilled

Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Oh Teresa, I am so sorry to hear again that you could not help any more. This seems so bitter. Poor little angel - oh my there are so many - too many. Very sad Very sad Very sad Very sad

I am so glad though that Strophe came home again and your 4-poster bed is a hoot!!!! Wonderful - as Cindy said - pigeon palace. But I know exactly how you feel about it.... No rest for the wicked - Page 34 983488 No rest for the wicked - Page 34 983488 No rest for the wicked - Page 34 983488 No rest for the wicked - Page 34 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Did you construct Sammy and Piper's new 'palace', Teresa?
I just love it. No rest for the wicked - Page 34 983488
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:43 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Did you construct Sammy and Piper's new 'palace', Teresa?
I just love it. No rest for the wicked - Page 34 983488

Yes, I did. It's only strong card covered in self-sticking plastic, so it's easy to make but stays warm to the touch.
Anything covered in self-sticking plastic always needs to be washed with warm soapy water before use, to get rid of any chemical smells from the production line -- the pigeons don't like it, and I can see why. YUK
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 am

Teresa - I personally would not use these adhesive plastic foils especially when they are strongly smelling. You never know whether there is any foramaldehyd in it which is offgasing. This might be the case when pijjies do not like it.

Why don't you use paper and simply glue it with water soluble glues (which are used in kindergarrdens etc.) and which are absolutely not toxic. This works quite well when you use cardboard underneath. I have done this with large boxes in order to embellish them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:38 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
Teresa - I personally would not use these adhesive plastic foils especially when they are strongly smelling. You never know whether there is any foramaldehyd in it which is offgasing. This might be the case when pijjies do not like it.

Why don't you use paper and simply glue it with water soluble glues (which are used in kindergarrdens etc.) and which are absolutely not toxic. This works quite well when you use cardboard underneath. I have done this with large boxes in order to embellish them.

Serious EEK!! Serious EEK!! Oh I would, believe me, I'd be throwing up for Portugal, even if the formaldehyde source was metres away from me! Not feeling well I can't bear any chemical smells, including perfume.
I like the idea of using paper to decorate boxes, but the problem with a nest is that it would have to be thrown away when it got pooped on (ie, every day), as it wouldn't be washable. Also I'd worry about mites getting into nooks and crannies.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Rescue was beyond help Very sad

This evening my mother found a pigeon on the ground in the park and handed him to me, but he passed away within minutes of being indoors.
I couldn't determine the cause, except that he was very thin, the crop was completely empty, but the aesophagus felt a bit lumpy. Eyes, ceres and beak were healthy-looking, but the mouth and throat were greyish, with a mucous string between tongue and palate. The only poop he did in the towel consisted only of yellow urates, no solid matter. I'm thinking GI tract infection+canker, what do you think? I'll keep a careful eye on the rest of the flock.

Rest in peace, little one. Fly free! Dove right
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 am

Very sad

Whenever I hear of, or see, mucous in the mouth, my immediate thought is advanced canker.
You're probably right, in that there were multiple things going on.
I'm glad he was secure and safe at the time of his passing. Pigeon angel

pigeon 1 "Fly high and fly free, little feral" pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 pm

I took Ashe to the park just at the time the pigeons were leaving to go back to their roosts, but none was left behind. And I didn't see any that looked sick. But of course, they're very good at hiding the symptoms for as long as possible.
If any more are sick, I hope I can get to them in time. No rest for the wicked - Page 34 983488 Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 am

I'm glad your and Ashe's walk was uneventful as far as finding any suspected ill or injured feathered friends, Teresa. No rest for the wicked - Page 34 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:09 pm

It's been one of those days...

I'm worried about my mother's dog, who's 16 years old and developed a large abcess on her stomach quite suddenly. She's been seen by the vet, and the abcess was drained under local anaesthesia. Awaiting test results.

On a happier note, both Venus and Halo had a bath today and enjoyed it. Halo especially! She hadn't had a chance to bathe all the time she had the splint.
Hopefully pics, videos and more of the story tomorrow. Sorry, have to rush to bed -- classes in 6 hours' time!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Hope your Moms dog is okay, and that the tests come out okay.
Nice that Halo finally got to bathe. I'm sure it must have felt wonderful to her.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Will be thinking, and sending, positve thoughts for your Mom's dog and keeping fingers crossed that the test results are also on a positive note. Fingers crossed

I'll bet Venus and Halo did enjoy their bath. Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 pm

My mum's dog, Nina, has been improving a lot, from this...

No rest for the wicked - Page 34 DSCNB8882-cr550

to this:

She's now spent two weeks on antibiotics and the abcess receded completely. So tomorrow she's having surgery to remove the rest of her mammary chain on one side -- tests made after the previous operation showed they were malignant, so these are expected to be too.
She's 16 years old, but her heart is in excellent condition, and the surgery should go well. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Oh my goodness!! Nina is precious. Bless her heart. I love it/them
I'm so happy she has made such an improvement. YESS!!

Chuck and I will be thinking, and sending, the most positive thoughts we can muster that her surgery goes well. Circle of Love

Please keep us posted. Universal hug
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Thank you both so much!

The vet phoned to say that the surgery went very well Happy Dance and we are to phone up tomorrow morning to find out when we can pick her up.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Teresa wrote:
Thank you both so much!

The vet phoned to say that the surgery went very well Happy Dance and we are to phone up tomorrow morning to find out when we can pick her up.

YESS!! Thrilled I'm so glad all went well.
Thanks for the update, Teresa.

Circle of Love Sending you a special 'get well soon' wish, Nina. Circle of Love

No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Dove_111
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Thank you so much! Thank You

I will tell her tomorrow when we pick her up! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No rest for the wicked
Page 34 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next