Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Charis to the Rescue...

Go down 
+5
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Birdbarn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

Charis to the Rescue... Empty
PostSubject: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I received a call on Friday from a dog rescuer, my go-between for a pigeon rescue last year. She contacted me because a dear friend (and fellow animal rescuer) had become very ill and could no longer care for his animals. This gentleman has fifteen beautiful Fantails and Mookees. I called him and made arrangements to meet on Saturday morning.

Upon arrival, I found the pigeons and chickens (100+) without water and with little food. We cleaned the water bowls and gave the birds fresh water and food. He also has rabbits, dogs and three, long-feathered geese (great watch dogs!). The dog rescuer is taking the chickens and dogs on Monday. She will help get the rabbits adopted too. I told the gentleman I would be back on Tuesday to assist and hopefully get the pigeons to a better place.

When we got home, the first thing I did was to call Charis. I sent her pictures I took (see below) and she felt the birds needed to exit there soon. Currently, my isolation room is filled with three ill birds and a disabled feral that my brother gave me last weekend. Additionally, we are installing a pantry in our garage and the commotion would be to stressful for the birds if I set up a cage in there.

I woke up on Sunday morning and there was an e-mail from Charis sent Saturday night at 9:45p.m., telling me she had found a place for all the birds. This was in about a three-hour timeframe. I think Charis has a reference book the size of "War and Peace!" And, the dedication and motivation that drives her is unbelievable. I can always depend on her and the insights she provides. I consider her a dear friend in my pigeon world.

I plan on meeting the person who will foster the birds this Tuesday at the gentleman's home. I will eventually take a couple of the birds once they're provided some TLC. The rest will go up for adoption to good homes. They are quite beautiful and would be a great addition to anyone's loft. I'll take some better pictures once they arrive at their new rescue home.

I will update everyone on their progress.

Again thanks to Charis and Pij-n- Angels!

Birdbarn-Joe

[img]Charis to the Rescue... Img_0710[/img]

[img]Charis to the Rescue... Img_0712[/img]
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Actually Joe...you have done the hard part... because you were there. The easy part was mine...I wrote emails and made phone calls.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanks for posting this about this situation, Joe.

First and foremost, I'm very sorry to hear the owner of all these animals has become ill.
Secondly, thank you so much for taking such quick action by getting the ball rolling to get these guys into a suitable situation.

The birds you have posted photos of are stunning.

Everyone involved has displayed the true meaning of amazing teamwork. Charis to the Rescue... 526287
Many Charis to the Rescue... 686336 . Charis to the Rescue... 803589 s you are!

Yes, indeed! We will definitely be waiting for an update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:18 pm

They're just beautiful. Thank God you were able to find a home for them Charis. I agree with Birdbarn. Your resources are something else. You always find a way. GREAT JOB!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:09 am

Here's a quick update on our rescue. Sorry, it has taken so long to respond back.

All twenty pigeons were rescued last Tuesday. Charis's connection, Stephanie Stewart from Sierra Wildlife Rescue, took all the birds. The birds are now on medication and resting comfortably. Stephanie drove over two and a half hours to assist us. She is a very devoted person and I enjoyed working with her. Stephanie might be interested in taking some birds. I think she might become a new piji mom. You just never know.

Thanks again to Charis for making the connection and Stephanie for driving hours to help these lovely birds.

Here is a pic of Stephanie and myself after loading the birds into her Prius on a very warm day.

[img]Charis to the Rescue... Img_0713[/img]
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:30 am

Thanks for the wonderful update, Joe.
Loved the photo. Charis to the Rescue... 142829

Charis to the Rescue... 848164 to all involved with this rescue. True Charis to the Rescue... 803589 s you are!!

A special Thank You to Stephanie for all her travel time.

Charis to the Rescue... 115144
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Thrilled Celebrate Circle of Love Hip Hip Hooray Congratulations

What a wonderful story! Charis, Stephanie and Joe, YOU rock
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks for the update...I love that picture. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
wolfwood
Special Pigeon Angel
wolfwood

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm

What lucky birds!!!! (rabbits, dogs, & geese too)

It sure sounds like you all did a GREAT job. I just love happy endings and you've created just that for each and every one of those innocent animal souls.

pigeon 1 Way To Go pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://4winds.zenfolio.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Beautiful birds! I love it/them Wonderful job everyone! High 5 Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
pouletchalet

PostSubject: UPDATE   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:02 am

Hey Everyone!

Stefanie here from Sierra Wildlife Rescue. Finally I got some time to get online here and take a looksie.
Here's an update on the rescuees....
Actually it turns out that I took home 20 birds. About half are fantails and half are mookees.
Most were a little thin but not too bad. I treated them all for Cocci right off since their droppings were a little suspicious but this also could have been due to improper diet. Looks like they were fed chicken scratch for awhile.
Then a few of the fantails developed Canker so I isolated the one that developed plaques and the rest got treated as well.

Once I got them settled in the flight cage, boy did they get busy! I started finding little eggs everywhere! ha ha. Poor things! then the weather turned much cooler and they all started to molt. They still look a little ragged especially the Fantails. Actually the Mookees are looking pretty good even in a molt. They are getting lots of goodies and eat better than I do!!
Overall the Mookees are looking very healthy but the Fantails are struggling along.

I really need to start rehoming these pretty birds. I don't have the best accomidations for keeping this many birds on a long term basis. I'll start to post some photos and I really hope I can rehome most of them. I will keep a few, but I'm getting quite a collection pijis so I must be careful not to get overloaded so I can continue to provide room for injured rescues. When I get more time this winter I hope to build a nicer loft since it looks like I'm quickly becoming a pigeon enthusiast!

Please pass on the word and let me know if you are interested in adopting any of these sweeties.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:29 am

Hi Stefanie, Charis to the Rescue... 333746
It's great that you've joined our wonderful group. You truly are a Charis to the Rescue... 803589 .
The teamwork and coordination on this mission between Charis, Joe and you was top notch. Charis to the Rescue... 526287

I'm so glad to hear the pijjies are doing well. We will do whatever possible to get those sweet ones a fabulous forever home.

We look forwad to the photos. We love photos!! Charis to the Rescue... 334215
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:35 am

I'm so glad you joined us. Happy

I'm delighted the birds are doing well...thank goodness for you and Joe. I'm l;ooking forward to the pictures.
I do have some ideas for homes.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Stefanie, welcome to the club!
What a great story and most important - Happy ending!
Right on
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the update! It's gret to know the rescues are doing well, and I hope you manage to find homes for them. I suppose you'll have to act quickly, otherwise, with all those eggs, 20 can turn to 60 in the blink of an eye! :That\\\'s so f

Thank you so much for helping those birds. Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charis to the Rescue...   Charis to the Rescue... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charis to the Rescue...
Page 1 of 1