Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Seagull flew the loft

Go down 
+3
Teresa
Matilda
Effa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Effa
Special Pigeon Angel
Effa

Seagull flew the loft Empty
PostSubject: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:00 pm

I haven't been on here for a while but have a sad/happy story why.
About 2-3 weeks ago Seagull found a way to get out of the Loft, I was so worried about him, I walked around the whole neighborhood, then drove around. Finally after several hours of no Seagull, I decided to head home, on my way home I drove by a house that feeds the pigeons, and there was Seagull with a flock, I was so happy to find him that I sat there and cried.
So knowing that he was alright and back with his flock I decided to tear down the loft and flyway and make a feeding station for all of the feral pigeons.(79 at last count) Seagull is here every morning at 9:30 and in the afternoon at 3:00. At first it was just a few pigeons, and everyday it grows.
They are starting to hangout in the feeding station and not leaving. And today they let me sit out with them, so tomorrow if it's not raining I'll start taking photos, haven't tired yet because of any movement scares them off.
I'm so happy that Seagull is free again, and sure do enjoy watching them fly.
The birds all ready have figured out if they come to the front porch and cooo I'll come out and feed,
and they have figured out that they better not wait to long to come down and feed. My husband has stated I better be careful not to get attacked by the flock, but besides the movies I don't think pigeons attack confused
So state tune for photo's
and would you belive that I'm naming them all, there is Seagull, Lighting, White Wing, Roughy(her feathers are always a mess)
Lonely, Blackie, Zebra, Nasty(he chases everyone out of the loft when he comes to feed) and Sweetheart(She is the friendly one)
The rest will get names too as I watch them and get to know them better. Seagull flew the loft 23878
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:05 pm

Well I'm happy for Seagull. Smile

I'm sorry you torn down the loft. I have 3 Pigeons I was going to ask you to take. Having a bad day
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:19 pm

I'm very glad to hear the news about Seagull, especilly after the initial worry when he escaped. It's good he's back with his flock, and better still that you still have a chance to see him.
Picture(s)/video We'll hold you to that promise...
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:00 am

Quote :
I'm sorry you torn down the loft. I have 3 Pigeons I was going to ask you to take.

I am sorry too! In my ideal world there would be small aviaries in every pigeon lovers garden , for the unreleasable ones that face euthanasia.

But I am glad that Seagull and his friends are turning up for their meals and health checks! YESS!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Effa
Special Pigeon Angel
Effa

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:31 am

I felt bad tearing the loft down but I wanted Seagull to have a place to come eat when ever he was hungrey, I do have plans on building a loft and flyway in the yard, but it will be bigger then the dollhouse loft, and a larger flyway so when the feral birds come in the pigeons that are in there have room to fly around, and then I'll attach the dollhouse to the outside wall of the loft.
Even the neighbors are enjoying the birds, and several of them have started to feed them too. Seagull has united the Garden Tract district people and is the talk of the area, it's like where is Seagull, and even thou he is all white he is easy to spot because of his left wing sits a bit lower then the right. And on a even happier note one lady has annouced that if people want to go in on a grain deal she will go to the feed store(120 mile round trip) so we all can get more seed for the buck.
Never dought the power of a Pigeon crazy
PS it is down pouring so photo's will have to wait tell tomorrow
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:56 am

Effa wrote:
I felt bad tearing the loft down but I wanted Seagull to have a place to come eat when ever he was hungrey, I do have plans on building a loft and flyway in the yard, but it will be bigger then the dollhouse loft, and a larger flyway so when the feral birds come in the pigeons that are in there have room to fly around, and then I'll attach the dollhouse to the outside wall of the loft.

Even the neighbors are enjoying the birds, and several of them have started to feed them too.

Seagull has united the Garden Tract district people and is the talk of the area, it's like where is Seagull, and even thou he is all white he is easy to spot because of his left wing sits a bit lower then the right. And on a even happier note one lady has annouced that if people want to go in on a grain deal she will go to the feed store(120 mile round trip) so we all can get more seed for the buck.
Never dought the power of a Pigeon Seagull flew the loft 638569

I'm so glad to hear Seagull seems to be happy and healthy, Effa. Seagull flew the loft 142829
That is absolutely wonderful about your neighbors. Seagull flew the loft 98152
If you haven't already done so, you might want to invite them to the site.
Pij-n-Angels is a great beginning to learn more about the 'wonderful world of pigeons' and meet all of us Seagull flew the loft 583147 . Seagull flew the loft 588547
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:21 am

it is such a strange feeling when a baby you've watched everday growing up fledges and joins the flock Happy :(

i spy on the feral flock everyday and often spot "my" balcony babies

just wish my neighbours appreciated these beautiful birds, i have some sad news but won't hijack your thread

looking forward to seeing pics...when weather allows
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Effa wrote:
Even the neighbors are enjoying the birds, and several of them have started to feed them too. Seagull has united the Garden Tract district people and is the talk of the area, it's like where is Seagull, and even thou he is all white he is easy to spot because of his left wing sits a bit lower then the right. And on a even happier note one lady has annouced that if people want to go in on a grain deal she will go to the feed store(120 mile round trip) so we all can get more seed for the buck.
Never dought the power of a Pigeon
crazy

That is so cool. I wish I had neighbors like that. Really cool
It's just pouring here too. YUK
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:42 pm

That's great news, Effa!
120 mile round trip?! Ouch! Guess I'm spoiled rotten living in a miniature country... That's a lovely offer from your neighbour!
(I wonder, are pigeons elligible for Nobel prizes?...) # 1
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:57 am

Effa, I wished I had neighbours like that!!!! What an exciting development. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Effa
Special Pigeon Angel
Effa

PostSubject: Rain is gone & Found my Camera   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Seagull flew the loft Pigeon10

Waiting for the rain to lift, Seagull is on top of the telephone pole
The Wire is about 1/2 block from my house

Seagull flew the loft Seagul15

This is the other bird Seagull has all ways hung out with, I've been calling him Lighting because he
has a bolt on his breast

Seagull flew the loft Seagul16

Flying into the Pigeon Corner of the Yard

Seagull flew the loft Seagul17

Larger group of birdies Wink

Seagull flew the loft Sweeth10

This is Sweetheart, she comes up to the porch and doesn't fly away when I throw seed out for her,
I don't feed the main birds to close to the house, I gave them a corner of the yard that we've haven't
done anything with yet. But this little bird is the only one that comes up to the porch, I wonder if she
was one that someone saved and released too!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:48 pm

I love the pictures, Effa. Looks like you've had some stormy days your way too.

Lovely little flock. I love it/them They are lucky to have you looking out for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seagull flew the loft   Seagull flew the loft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seagull flew the loft
Page 1 of 1