Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Bath day for PMV birds

Go down 
+8
NiteOwl
EgypSwiftLady
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Birdbarn
Teresa
Matilda
plamenh
12 posters
AuthorMessage
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Bath day for PMV birds Empty
PostSubject: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:19 am

Most of my birds are PMV survivors. Once recovered, they remain handicapped to some extent for life. One thing I noticed though is that baths calms them and helps their recovery. They enjoy enormously bathing. Even the ones that act stressed when I place them in the bathtub, in a matter of seconds stress is forgotten.
I fill 30~40 mm water in the cat litter box and of course always supervise them.

Bath day for PMV birds Image101 Bath day for PMV birds Image102
Bath day for PMV birds Image103 Bath day for PMV birds Image104
Bath day for PMV birds Image105 Bath day for PMV birds Image106
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:44 am

I can tell that these birds are greatly enjoying the bath.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:48 am

They look so happy!

Thank you for the information and tips, I'm making notes of everything to do with PMV survivors that will help with Sammy's recovery and post-recovery periods.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:15 am

How many birds do you have with PMV?

Do you keep them all in one large cage/pen together or do they have separate quarters?

They do look to be enjoying their baths.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:31 pm

I have 10 pigeons and 4 doves PMV survivors. I keep them in cages single or paired with non-PMV birds. Mating them with partner not affected with PMV has great influence on affected birds and their recovery.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Great pictures, plamenh. Bath day for PMV birds 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:39 am

Watching them bath is such a pleasure for me. Smile
Then even the most serious of them forgets every dignity and places that funny goosy look on the face.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:41 am

plamenh wrote:
Then even the most serious of them forgets every dignity and places that funny goosy look on the face.

Plamenh, the photos are priceless and I can only agree regarding the funny faces they make. Even our Pete, who is the patriarch and really is a proud pijjie who has an image to ruin becomes childish and infantile when he is sitting in his bathtub! Oh brother That's too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:23 am

plamenh wrote:

I agree that bath time is one of my favorites Bath day for PMV birds 142829 Its about the only time I take time to sit and relax a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:33 am

I love the pictures Plamenh. Thanks for sharing them with us. Your birds look so happy. I can tell they really enjoy their bath time. I love watching them bath too.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:55 am

plamenh wrote:

I can really tell how much you love the birds in your care and the joy you experience when you talk about them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 am

Happy Phamenh-You are such a good guy for helping these birds. I'm sure their daily routine is somewhat time consuming. Happy
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:29 am

Birdbarn wrote:
Happy Phamenh-You are such a good guy for helping these birds. I'm sure their daily routine is somewhat time consuming. Happy
Sure it is, but my day is long and with good planing there is a time for everything. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:13 pm

When should I start giving Sammy the chance to have a bath?
The way his symptoms vary from day to day it looks as though he's still got some way to go.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Teresa wrote:
When should I start giving Sammy the chance to have a bath?
The way his symptoms vary from day to day it looks as though he's still got some way to go.

You can offer him bath anytime, just let him choose when he is ready and be around to supervise him.
My last rescue (clever boy) came to me in the very beginning of the illness. Bit puffed, sneezing and with these wet faeces. Other than that he had nothing, no other symptoms. I gave him vitamins and immuno-boosters and he pulled over for little bit more than three weeks. When birds have good nourishment and access to clean water PMV is like flu in humans, comes and goes. When they starve, because cannot compete with other birds, then it can be death sentence.

Bath day for PMV birds Image124 Him recovered
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 am

Lovely pics Plamen..they sure seem to be enjoying their bath time Smile
You are doing such a wonderful thing by caring for them Plamen Way To Go
Back to top Go down
AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:34 am

Beautiful pics Plamen.

Our's also love bath time. Elmo particularly is shakes / shivers furiously when placed in water, but after splashing him a couple of times he goes nuts :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:46 am

I absolutely love watching pijjies taking a bath. Feeling great
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Wonderful photos!
I don't know of any pigeon that doesn't love bath time and it's always a pleasure to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
Wonderful photos!
I don't know of any pigeon that doesn't love bath time and it's always a pleasure to watch.

I agree and I had one take a bath with me a few minutes ago. Bath day for PMV birds 982130
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Hehee, the first time I gave my birds a bath the water was too deep and it was more like a swimming pool than a bath! They were floating around looking like little ducks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Luna Wolf wrote:
Hehee, the first time I gave my birds a bath the water was too deep and it was more like a swimming pool than a bath! They were floating around looking like little ducks. Bath day for PMV birds Icon_lol

Bath day for PMV birds 443628 ...At least they floated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bath day for PMV birds   Bath day for PMV birds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bath day for PMV birds
Page 1 of 1