Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Finally found a vet for my birds!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Finally found a vet for my birds! Empty
PostSubject: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi all, I have had a heck of a time locating an avian vet in the area, never mind one that sees pigeons. But through your link, I was able to find one who is located only about 30 min. away. YEA! I'm very happy about this, and have made an appointment for two of my pijjies this Wednesday evening. I'll let you know how it goes, and what she is like when we get back. Thank you Charis.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:59 pm

That's great, Owl. I hope she's wonderful. Can't wait to hear. Thrilled
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 am

NiteOwl wrote:

* Hi all, I have had a heck of a time locating an avian vet in the area, never mind one that sees pigeons. But through your link, I was able to find one who is located only about 30 min. away.

** YEA! I'm very happy about this, and have made an appointment for two of my pijjies this Wednesday evening. I'll let you know how it goes, and what she is like when we get back.

*** Thank you Charis.
* That is wonderful news, Nite Owl. Smile

** By all means, do let us know how the appt goes.

*** I can't think of anyone else who spends more time on the phone locating contacts than Charis. Way To Go

She is such an asset to our resource section as well as then entie site. Hip Hip Hooray
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: UPDATE ON OUR VET APPOINTMENT   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:17 pm

We went to the vet this afternoon. We liked her very much. She was very nice, gave each of our two pijjies a thorough examination. Answered the questions we asked to our satisfaction, and seemed like she knew her job. She took the poop samples we had brought with us, and will have them tested, and will do a culture on one of them. She didn't want to run extra tests, unless the poop tests indicated that they needed them. And if you bring in more than one animal at a time, anything after the first one, you get a discount on, so that saved us a little as we brought in two. She said that if I needed someone to teach me to give vaccines, she would teach me how to do that. We're very glad we found her. That was thanks to Charis' resource list. She is Alissa Raymond, and she is located in Franklin Ma., and is on the list of vets in our resource section. Thanks again. It's great to finally have a vet we can go to if need be, and a sense of security just knowing that. Thank You
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 pm

:YAHOO: Thank you so much for the update.
I'm so glad your experience with her was a positive one. It sure puts the mind at ease, doesn't it?

Three Hip Hip Hooray and Great job to Dr. Raymond.

Way to go Charis. Wink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 am

Thrilled

Thanks for using the list. You're set now in the event of an emergency.
Way to go

You ROCK...Owl! :YAHOO:
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 pm

You are the one who ROCKS charis. You do such a great job. I spent almost a year trying to run down an avian vet who would take pigeons. They either don't see pigeons, or really tried to discourage me, which they did. I wouldn't want to go somewhere like that, even if it was with a parrot! When my Rusty died, I couldn't even find someone to do a necropsy. We were very concerned about it. You just never know when you'll really need one. But because of your hard work, we now have the security of knowing where to go in an emergency. I can't thank you enough. I just love this site! Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:14 pm

I humbly accept your gracious compliment. Thank You
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:14 pm

NiteOwl wrote:

I just love this site! Thrilled
I do too!! :YAHOO:

Time for a Group hug
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 pm

And what a great group it is! :YAHOO:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 pm

It gets better every day. Smile
I'm so excited about all the possibilities, contacts and opportunities. Thrilled
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: I know   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:01 pm

I know. Isn't it great? I think it's coming along just wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:00 pm

I agree Hip Hip Hooray Go team PA!! Hip Hip Hooray :YAHOO:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally found a vet for my birds!   Finally found a vet for my birds! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally found a vet for my birds!
Page 1 of 1