Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes

Go down 
+2
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Empty
PostSubject: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:34 pm

There are three pigeons being housed at Wildcare on Cape Cod that are in need of adoption.
Wild Care, Inc.
10 Smith Lane
Eastham, MA 02642
508-240-2255
www.wildcarecapecod.org

Charis will be on to explain a bit more.
I'm just posting the photos because the Host an image feature isn't working for her at the moment. Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_cry

These are beautiful birds

Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Wildca10

Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Wildca11

Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Wildca12
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Thank you, Cindy.

What I can tell you about these birds is that they are all very friendly, easy to handle, eat well and are in good condition. I do not know the circlumstances by which the came to Wildcare and hope that I can get some more information.
If you can take one of these birds, or know of someone that can offer one or all of them a good home, please contact me.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Here is some additional information...   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 pm

I asked about shipping and for more information on each bird.

I’m not sure what you mean by “shipping”, we would hope for a drive-able placement, that our volunteers might help to drive halfway, etc…. I’d be really concerned about packing them up in any other way. I think it would be terrifying for them… and they have already been through so much.

The banded one was rescued from Dennis after repeatedly trying to get into someone’s slider around the fourth of July....

The Rock dove was found floating in the back of a waterlogged boat off of Provincetown on October 15th.

The other non-banded white one was found stuck in marsh grass behind a beach in Eastham at high tide on August 21st.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Matilda wrote:
I asked about shipping and for more information on each bird.

I’m not sure what you mean by “shipping”, we would hope for a drive-able placement, that our volunteers might help to drive halfway, etc…. I’d be really concerned about packing them up in any other way. I think it would be terrifying for them… and they have already been through so much.

The banded one was rescued from Dennis after repeatedly trying to get into someone’s slider around the fourth of July....

The Rock dove was found floating in the back of a waterlogged boat off of Provincetown on October 15th.

The other non-banded white one was found stuck in marsh grass behind a beach in Eastham at high tide on August 21st.

Not that it makes any difference really, but both white birds look like they have a band.
The first looks to be sporting a turquoise band, and the second one a red band.

All three have definitely had quite an experience. Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_cry

I will be thinking positive thoughts that they all find wonderful homes.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:22 pm

You're right about the bands Cindy Smile I too hope they can find homes since it seems the rescue doesn't want to ship.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:59 pm

Bumping up.
I had an email from Wildcare yesterday to let me know the birds must be placed because they are out of room.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Matilda wrote:
Bumping up.
I had an email from Wildcare yesterday to let me know the birds must be placed because they are out of room.

Makes it really hard to find them a home when they don't want to ship. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:09 pm

I've re-posted about them on Twitter, Facebook, their local Craigslist, PT, birdscentral.net, and will try to get them onto Petfinder.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Thank you...you are amazing. Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes 526287

I emailed them the name of a rehabber in Rhode Island that may have some connections too and as the Crow flys, Rhode Island isn't that far at all.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Jenaka wrote:
I've re-posted about them on Twitter, Facebook, their local Craigslist, PT, birdscentral.net, and will try to get them onto Petfinder.

Way To Go Right on Hip Hip Hooray Thrilled
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Jenaka wrote:

Thanks, Jen. Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes 373866
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:35 pm

I've gotten 2 inquiries about these birds from the craigslist ad. I've referred them to Wildcare.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:38 pm

That's great. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:15 pm

That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny too Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Appreciate the update, Jen.
I sure hope things work out. Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes 458406
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Suspect Any updates on these three birds?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Not that I know of. Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes 224884
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes   Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigeons on Cape Cod in need of finding wonderful forever homes
Page 1 of 1